Just passed 250 miles, wouldn't mind some additonal back slaps.

TomAJ91

Hey,

Passed 250 miles today since I got the bike last Saturday, and I've been away for three days so I think I've made quite good progress.

Only error I've made so far was in the first day I realised I was riding with my foot activating the rear brake, knocked it from 2nd to 1st and it stalled the bike and locked up the rear wheel and slid down the road.

I guess my main gripe at the moment is I dont like going faster than 50MPH, and I have had most of my fun blatting through town.

I don't mind accelerating all the way up to 60, then thinking "ohh s##t" and have to drop back down - in my head the bike feels very light at that speed and feels like the slightest jump could knock it out.

So far very much enjoying myself, but want to go a bit faster, more consistently.

Cool.

We all make mistakes, it's human nature, and it's how we learn.

The brake pedal should be on a spline so it can be adjusted if it sits too high for you. The brake light switch can also be adjusted (screw thread) if it activated too easily. It's best to move your feet backwards on the pegs when not braking/changing gear - do it consciously now and it will soon become habit.

Small bikes do feel a bit flight at speed - unless it's really windy it shouldn't be a problem though - I had the front of my old kmx125 lift a few times but only with extreme gusts. Just take your time to push the edge of your comfort zone little by little, that'll build confidence rather than brown your trousers ๐Ÿ™‚

Above all keep riding, enjoying and learning and stay safe.๐Ÿ˜

Oh, and keep an eye on change adjustment and lube too

Guest Richzx6r
:stupid: yea what he said just enjoy yourself as much as possible with the occasional edge out of your own comfort zone slightly, or just do as I do and pin it with a massive grin on my face

So far very much enjoying myself, but want to go a bit faster, more consistently.

ย 

Build up to it gradually, nothing worse than going gungho and spooning it. :cheers: Also remember it's more important to get places than attempt to get there 5 minutes earlier and...well not...

• 2 weeks later...

To be fair beyond 55mph many 125s will struggle, but the CB should be ok doing 60 consistently and in a stble manner. I used to ride my CBR at 60 and it felt normal.

That said it took me a couple of weeks to be brave enough for 60 roads, I had to build up my rides over time to get braver! :) It will come, 60 will feel normal eventually!

Cool.

The brake pedal should be on a spline so it can be adjusted if it sits too high for you. The brake light switch can also be adjusted (screw thread) if it activated too easily. It's best to move your feet backwards on the pegs when not braking/changing gear - do it consciously now and it will soon become habit.

Small bikes do feel a bit flight at speed - unless it's really windy it shouldn't be a problem though - I had the front of my old kmx125 lift a few times but only with extreme gusts. Just take your time to push the edge of your comfort zone little by little, that'll build confidence rather than brown your trousers ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

most brake pedals are not located on splines however they do have a threaded adjuster located behind the heel plates . this allows adjustment higher/lower for pedal height but you then need to alter your brake light switch activation point using the threaded adjustment on the switch . ...

Cool.

ย 

most brake pedals are not located on splines however they do have a threaded adjuster located behind the heel plates . this allows adjustment higher/lower for pedal height but you then need to alter your brake light switch activation point using the threaded adjustment on the switch . ...

ย 

Thanks for the correction TimR. ๐Ÿ‘every day is a school day๐Ÿ™‚ I've only ever needed to adjust a couple of brake pedals (10-15 years ago) and they were splined. I guess technology or ergonomic design has moved on somewhat