Why i wouldn't use Sinnis again.

Glorian

Honda cbr 125r 0% finance till the end of june I think

don't think i'd buy a bike on finance.

The real question is "would you buy a brand new bike?"

If you would buy a brand new bike, then you are already resigned to the fact that it will instatly be worth less than you paid.

So if you are happy with losing money - why not take out 0% finance and lose someone elses money instead of you own?

To answer that question - no, I wouldn't buy a brand spanker. And these 0% deals nearly always require a massive deposit.

To answer that question - no, I wouldn't buy a brand spanker. And these 0% deals nearly always require a massive deposit.

yep - same as me... no way im wasting my hard earned cash on the depreciation of a brand new bike!

Depends on the deal chaps.

When I had an ER6F for a period of 7 months it was brand new when I bought it. It was the one left they had at the end of a batch, so I knocked the cost from £5600 to £5000 over a good week of haggling.

7 Months later it part exed without any cash being spent directly for a bike advertised of the same mileage at £4700... It just had 40BHP more and was a CBR600 :lol:

And many do finance deals on 0% from a small £99 deposit as metropolis were sweet talking me into putting my name down for a MT-07.

Starting with £5000 in 2010, I bought a bike but traded for another bike without spending cash two more times, then in 2013 only had to part with £2000 to get a much newer, unused RR priced at £6200. Considering I had £5000 that means I only lost £1000 across 3 years. Cheaper than the bus innit :cheers:

You can buy wisely, even on finance!

Honda cbr 125r 0% finance till the end of june I think

don't think i'd buy a bike on finance.

The real question is "would you buy a brand new bike?"

If you would buy a brand new bike' date=' then you are already resigned to the fact that it will instatly be worth less than you paid.

So if you are happy with losing money - why not take out 0% finance and lose someone elses money instead of you own?[/quote']

my deposit could be as little as £100 but I put down £500 then pay £86 per month for 3 years no intrest no nothing

Just a thought, if Trading Standards are out how about Watchdog? Matt is a biker, if you go down the 'worried about safety' route...

Petrol dripping out through a rust hole onto hot engine and the bike was only xx months old. Then chuck in all your bad service points ;)

Nige

I would love to go trading standards but i have spoken with them a few times and they cannot do anything as the bike has been in an accident so i technically have no evidence the bike was ever unfit for use :(

I find this hard to believe. I had an issue with a second hand car I bought a few years ago. I got it from a dealer with no warranty. It was described as in good condition and I asked him if it had been in an accident which he said no to. When I got the car home it leaked oil all over my front drive. In fact it was so bad I refused to leave it on my drive. It had a rear tyre with a puncture which cost me about £70 to replace and the tyre place said it had the wrong size tyres on the front. I then found out it had been rear ended and badly repaired. All in all it was a mess.

I phoned trading standards up on the Monday and explained what I had been sold and how there was no warranty. They explained that due to him being a dealer then there is a standard warranty on any vehicle he sells and if my car was not fit for purpose ( IE drivable safely) then I had every right to return it to him and ask for my money back.

So I phoned him up when I got home from work ( from my folks house so he didn't know my number) and asked when I could pop over to drop the car up and have my money back. He tried to spin me a load of old bollocks to which I replied I have contacted trading standards a and am fully aware of my rights. I ended by saying you have 24 hours to contact me over a time and day to exchange the car and money and then hung up. I then drove home (which is all of 5 mins away) and he had already phoned my house and said come over and lets sort it out.

So the issue I see here is the leaky tank in the first place. The fact you have crashed makes no odds. it was not fit for purpose before you crashed. So keep at it mate

So the issue I see here is the leaky tank in the first place. The fact you have crashed makes no odds. it was not fit for purpose before you crashed. So keep at it mate

my thoughts too... i think Glorian needs some assertiveness classes. it seems everyone fobs him off with crap!

the dealers have stiched him up, and it sounds like trading standards have too :lol:

• 4 years later...

Sorry you’ve had such a rough time of it. Thing with Sinnis is the bikes are built at the dealership so if you get a crappy dealer your likely to get a poor build too. I have a hoodlum and I made sure I checked out as many reviews for dealerships as I could. I haven’t had any major issues with mine other than an issue with the side stand cut out. Took weeks to figure out the problem though. I had my ECU sent back to Sinnis for reflashing before they figured out the cause of the problem. However, all work was done under warranty. Sinnis were not too bad when I ordered a battery from them. In general I would say that you get what you pay for and I can’t really complain about my hoodlum as I’ve had it two years and the only issues I’ve had were the battery and side stand switch. My dealership are very good which seems to be more of a factor than Sinnis itself for me.

The comment about passing your test and getting a bigger bike is bang on. I bought mine because it was cheap but Chinese materials have a bad reputation for a reason. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I Bought my wife a Sunnis sc 125 last year .and the chrome is not the best . I mean one rain shower and the next day rust spots on the chrome .

But as for starting and.running its spot on. I left it 4 to 5 months before I started it and it started 1st time .even faster starting then my CB750. (Not.now tho as If sorted out the starting.problme lol ).

BUT stay running once you turn off the .choke it cuts out . But once the engine has warmed up.

We paid penny's for a 64 plate . And it's still starting not fallen apart.. So if 9/ 10 as parts are a pair was you get..

It's luck of the draw, unfortunately you got the short straw this time, I don't get the ohhh it was cheap card, 3yr ago I got a 2013 Cbf with low miles, a year later I sold it for the same as I paid for it.

Sorry to read your tales of woe, I was told by a good friend don't buy cheap Chinese, I took that advise.

They may be fine for some but that's no help for the ones that fall apart.