holy jesus insurance is insane

skiersteve

So full license holder for 4 years with 4 years no claims, park on drive with abus disc lock and oxford chain lock, 7k miles a year, social and commuting and for a gsr 750 the cheapest I could get was 580.... and thats with an excess of 1k in the event of a crash, I only put the bike worth 3.7k, the current insurance for my old banger 600 is 190 a year and I done a quote with them and they wouldn't even give me a quote unless it was parked in a shed or garage, I asked him why and he said the value of the bike and because of the type of bike it is they couldn't give me a quote lol, I live in hertfordshire so about 40 mins outside london, however its a low crime rate area but risk of theft is the only thing I can think of that's putting it so high, do I risk saying its worth 1k and hope I don't crash or just suck up and drop 600 on insurance :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: Oh im 27 if that matters too.

The price you pay for your circumstances unforrunatly.

When I was young and stupid, I bought a 4.2Ltr jag, I could only insure it for 3 months at a time and that was probably down to how long they thought I would live, the premiums would make yours look like a bargain, it sucks but these are the choices we make.

The price you pay for your circumstances unforrunatly.

When I was young and stupid, I bought a 4.2Ltr jag, I could only insure it for 3 months at a time and that was probably down to how long they thought I would live, the premiums would make yours look like a bargain, it sucks but these are the choices we make.

Yea just got too deal with it I guess :( could be worse, spoke with a friend and his paying 720 for a gixxer 600 and his 29 lol

So full license holder for 4 years with 4 years no claims, park on drive with abus disc lock and oxford chain lock, 7k miles a year, social and commuting and for a gsr 750 the cheapest I could get was 580.... and thats with an excess of 1k in the event of a crash, I only put the bike worth 3.7k, the current insurance for my old banger 600 is 190 a year and I done a quote with them and they wouldn't even give me a quote unless it was parked in a shed or garage, I asked him why and he said the value of the bike and because of the type of bike it is they couldn't give me a quote lol, I live in hertfordshire so about 40 mins outside london, however its a low crime rate area but risk of theft is the only thing I can think of that's putting it so high, do I risk saying its worth 1k and hope I don't crash or just suck up and drop 600 on insurance :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: Oh im 27 if that matters too.

Did u try 3rd party only?

If you put value £1k value and have a crash I’m guessing (it’s a guess, but still) they’ll only give you £1k back. No reason they’d want to give you any more.

Not sure if this will help you or not; I've only used two insurance companies for the last 8 years; Bikesure and Hastings Direct. They always come up good on the comparison sites and if you challenge their price when re-newing an existing policy, they will generally re-visit and get it down to a more competitive price. If they don't do enough, then off I go. The interweb has made insurance much more competitive than it used to be.

If you put value £1k value and have a crash I’m guessing (it’s a guess, but still) they’ll only give you £1k back. No reason they’d want to give you any more.

This is one thing that really gets on my tits and the governments the police won't do feck all ..

As This is a fecking scam ..

You insure your bike car . Anything they have a grid on .. I'll explain

You insure your bike for £1000 you pay a premium of £500 ..

when you claim they tell you it's only worth £700

even when you argue the toss mileage. Condition. So on you get £700 yet they charge you for value on £1000 ..

.. So you think I'll play there game .

You insure your bike for £200 So you pay £300 .. you make a claim they tell you your only getting £200 back but its worth £700 ......

Yea but you insured it for £200 .. hang on if I insured it for a £1000 you only pay me £700 for it as that all its worth ... So we're do you get £200 from ....

you. You said its worth £200 When you insured it....

. BUT I ALSO said it was worth a £1000 but you won't pay out that price ..

These scum scammers should be made to pay out on the price you insure the bike for NOT THERE CLASSES bike guide .

Also the government should offer insurance as its there law for you to drive or ride you must have insurance then gov should do insurance .. that way then young ppl might be able to drive ride there vehicles with out greedy insurance company's shaffting them . Maybe there won't be ones driving riding with out insurance because they can't affored it ..

Guest Richzx6r

I'm currently paying £435 fully comprehensive 7k miles a year on a 2003 zx6r 636 but its garaged and I have a datatool red alarm and immobiliser and an oxford hardcore chain and that's with 1 years no claims but been riding for 15 odd years and I'm only 33

Guest Richzx6r

For the past two years the insurance for my 125 has made me giggle :lol: :roll:

Screenshot_20190422-191235.jpg

Wtf how the hell you got that......

For the past two years the insurance for my 125 has made me giggle :lol: :roll:

Screenshot_20190422-191235.jpg

Wtf how the hell you got that......

It's a two bike policy, so the BWM takes the other £434.98 of the total price :lol:

I think all motor insurance is a scam - prices keep going up but the levels of cover and service keep going down.

My last bike was stolen ( and recovered). Cost me £3k, insured for £3k, valued by them around £1500 less excess is £1000 payout. They recorded it as cat N before they'd even collected it, then their engineers created a list of necessary repairs to justify writing it off (it just needed a wiring loom). And they've now sold it on for....

.....yep, £1000.

I was once told that insurance is a bit like poker - but nowadays they seem to be dealing from a stacked deck :(

I feel like I am 17 again trying to insure my first bike.

Pushing £800 for a ER6N or XJ6N, or paying monthly it’s pushing £1000 :shock:

With insurance and bike finance that’s an additional £200+ a month I’m going to be paying out. Think I best go count my magic beans.