SD card photo recovery advice

goat

So last night the other half was trying to transfer some photos from an sd card to the computer but the usb lead got pulled during the the copy/ paste operation and the now we can't seem to see the pics. Looking at the SD card in explorer I can see the files are there but there are no thumbnail images and the pics won't display. Right and clicking and looking at properties shows in the general tab, 0 bytes but in the details tab it shows as a 2.75mb file. I've tried a few recovery programs like recuva and minitool photo recovery but no joy. Anyone have any suggestions on whether it will be possible to recover the photos and how to go about it?

cheers

give this program go.

https://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizard/free-data-recovery-software.htm

It lets you recover up to 2gb for free which should be enough for you.

I used it to recover nearly everything from a corrupted hard drive. I had to bite the bullet and pay out £60 at the time for the full version :roll:

Though i'm not complaining as it worked and I got everything back that I had lost :thumb:

give this program go.

https://www.easeus.com/datarecoverywizard/free-data-recovery-software.htm

It lets you recover up to 2gb for free which should be enough for you.

I used it to recover nearly everything from a corrupted hard drive. I had to bite the bullet and pay out £60 at the time for the full version :roll:

Though i'm not complaining as it worked and I got everything back that I had lost :thumb:

No joy with this one either. Might be a lost cause.

You need to do a full bit by bit scan, Google, puran file recovery, it used to be free for non commercial use.

somewhere have a forensic disk scan utility but I have no idea which disk it's on, been so long since I used it.

Ideally you need something that ignores file structure and reads the entire thing then put them back together as recognised files.

You need to do a full bit by bit scan, Google, puran file recovery, it used to be free for non commercial use.

somewhere have a forensic disk scan utility but I have no idea which disk it's on, been so long since I used it.

Ideally you need something that ignores file structure and reads the entire thing then put them back together as recognised files.

Thats what pcinspector does

Some are good and some are crap, i have had some show next to nothing while others will recover loads, I used to do disk copying recovery and migration with the odd platter swap.

One of the funniest recovery jobs a got was from a solicitors, some of the excuses for divorce were beyond belief, some where so bad they weren't actually funny.

I am wanting a divorcing from my husband who is now 80 and refusing to change his y fronts.

I obviously didn't read anything I wasn't supposed to.

Largely resolved, she found out most of the pics were automatically backed up from the phone to Google drive. Good result. Thanks for all the advice in the meantime folks.

Good result.........yeah, I back mine up to Google cloud automatically. .....keeps the phone memory from getting too cluttered as well..... 8-)