Horny !

Tankbag

Now i've got your attention :lol:

Excellent example today of why it's a good idea to upgrade your road runner ' meep meep' horn on your bike to a Stebel Nautilis or Denali twice as loud efforts.

Give way T junction & we are ( two motorbikes) waiting behind a transit type van with no rear windows, Artic HGV appears & begins to turn into the road we are waiting in, Transit type van begins to reverse to give the HGV more swing room but stops after hearing our extra loud horns. I'd suggest a road runner ' meep meep' would not have been enough.

The main prevention is don't sit so close to someone that you cannot see, and be seen, by their wing mirrors.

I can confirm that an angry shouting scot makes them stop too however :roll:

The main prevention is don't sit so close to someone that you cannot see, and be seen, by their wing mirrors.

To be fair my mate was a car length ( ish) from the van & in panic was pressing his cancel indicators button so it was actually my Stebel that saved him.

Perfect timing for this thread.

Somewhere in the long list of replacement bits I need is a new horn - something louder than a hamster fart.

So thanks, now I know at least 2 brands to shop for 😁

I've got mine running off a relay if that helps :cheers:

To be fair my mate was a car length ( ish) from the van & in panic was pressing his cancel indicators button so it was actually my Stebel that saved him.

That's why I shout. I can never seem to find the horn button when I need it :lol:

.my bro in law bought one these and fitted it to his fjr1300 .

.R&G Denali Soundbomb Mini Motorcycle 113dB Horn CCM R30 All Years

Product Code: DENTT-SB.10200.B

Specifications:

Sound Output: 113 dB at 3 feet

Current Draw: 5 Amp

Dimensions: 3.25"(82mm) x 3.4"(86mm) x 2.5"(63mm)

Stylish All Black Design

CANbus compatible

We both fitted it to his bike in my garage and When He tested it we was still in doors and I have to say I was expecting it to be loud but I nearly shat my pants when it went off.. I know outside it won't be as loud but jes I'm going to buy one . Just need to see if it will work on my bike as I have twin horns he only had one on his bike..

Somewhere in the long list of replacement bits I need is a new horn - something louder than a hamster fart.

What does the relay do ??? And how do you fit it ..As the horn we fitted it was just longer cable and change the braket to fit the new horn but then just.clipped it on .. .

What does the relay do ??? And how do you fit it ..As the horn we fitted it was just longer cable and change the braket to fit the new horn but then just.clipped it on .. .

Use the relay to switch the horn. Some after market horns take more amps than the factory unit and may burn out the horn switch. Also if the cable is not rated fully for the new horn/s then there can be a higher volt drop in the cable so the horn does not work at the full rating.

So fit the relay where the old horn was so the horn switch operates the relay and rn a cable from the battery to the relay and then from the relay raptors the horn.

HTH

This thread may help but instead of heated grips connect an after market horn :thumb:

https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=68082&p=1056163&hilit=relay#p1056163

I had a really loud horn on my Triumph Trophy 250 that was inscribed with the name Reliable Hooters of Wolverhampton. Coincidentally , according to TripAdvisor, the only remaining Hooters restaurant in the UK is in Wolverhampton.

Yes...I upgraded to a Denali Soundbomb mini a couple of years back.....always makes the MOT tester jump..... 8-)

Was upstairs on my recent MOT and heard a loud horn just thought to myself.. "Oh yeah, forgot to warn him"

Yes...I upgraded to a Denali Soundbomb mini a couple of years back.....always makes the MOT tester jump..... 8-)

Was upstairs on my recent MOT and heard a loud horn just thought to myself.. "Oh yeah, forgot to warn him"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I had a really loud horn on my Triumph Trophy 250 that was inscribed with the name Reliable Hooters of Wolverhampton. Coincidentally , according to TripAdvisor, the only remaining Hooters restaurant in the UK is in Wolverhampton.

Before I moved from St Albans to Brighton I was considering Nottingham - the wife had gone to uni there and it had a good night life (shootings notwithstanding). We looked at a few places online, one of which was in a nice converted warehouse (as lots of the buildings there are) - had a nice shared pool etc. Anyway, we chose Brighton in the end, and a few years back at my late mate's stag (RIP Millsey - killed himself in a cbr125) we were in Nottingham, and went, inevitably, to Hooters. I thought I recognised the red brick block it resided in, and turns out I did - it was the same block I had considered moving to years ago!! Quite why they hadn't advertised the hooters below the apartment was beyond me - I'd have moved there in a flash and probably be living up north now.

Anyway, unless something has changed I think there's still a Hooters in Nottingham.

A car length behind a van with limited visibility isn't far enough.

Before I moved from St Albans to Brighton I was considering Nottingham - the wife had gone to uni there and it had a good night life (shootings notwithstanding). We looked at a few places online, one of which was in a nice converted warehouse (as lots of the buildings there are) - had a nice shared pool etc. Anyway, we chose Brighton in the end, and a few years back at my late mate's stag (RIP Millsey - killed himself in a cbr125) we were in Nottingham, and went, inevitably, to Hooters. I thought I recognised the red brick block it resided in, and turns out I did - it was the same block I had considered moving to years ago!! Quite why they hadn't advertised the hooters below the apartment was beyond me - I'd have moved there in a flash and probably be living up north now.

Anyway, unless something has changed I think there's still a Hooters in Nottingham.

You're absolutely right , Nottingham is listed as the UK's only remaining Hooters . So where I got the idea that it was Wolverhampton I can't recall.