Biker hits ped!

KTM21

Terrible on the bikers part as well!

I even saw her and that was on a tiny vid!

BECAUSE the you was warned that somthi g was about to happen . If you had not been told before hand you would have just been riding along .

I would have hit her again stupid woman surprised she lived as long as she has due to her stupidity at crossing roads ..

BECAUSE the you was warned that somthi g was about to happen . If you had not been told before hand you would have just been riding along .

I would have hit her again stupid woman surprised she lived as long as she has due to her stupidity at crossing roads ..

No actually I'm rather observent and have to look out for this sort of thing for a minimum of 10 hours a day 4 days a week!

[mention]Stu[/mention] I believe you. My dad was a bus driver and obviously got all his licenses years before the hazard perception tests came about.

About ten years ago he was given a chance to have a go at them, purely for fun, he didn't miss a single hazard but failed due to clicking too early :lol:

So I think I'm one of the unlucky ones on the forum who can say they have had an accident that was caused by a pedestrian running into the road, so I think I can say I have a little experience in this matter...

The pedestrian should not have been crossing the road without being cautious of traffic, cyclists, bikers etc. However most people here will have crossed in a similar situation when the traffic is jammed like that, I hope they've been more alert.

The rider Should have been looking out for these sort of things, a big part of filtering is being FAR more aware of what's happening around you, especially pedestrians or vehicles changing lane.

In this case, there is no reason they shouldn't have seen her through the cars; she was clearly visible for the duration of the crossing, as shown on the video like [mention]Stu[/mention] said.

So, pedestrian should have taken far more care crossing, but the biker also should not have been filtering so fast if he clearly wasn't able to properly asses the dangers around him. :roll:

No actually I'm rather observent and have to look out for this sort of thing for a minimum of 10 hours a day 4 days a week!

10 hours a day? are you a bike instructor?

10 hours a day? are you a bike instructor?

No

Drive a bus and all around you get this sort of thing happening on a regular basis! people are in too much of a rush to go to a crossing or wait and think its fine just to "dash" across the road!