XC90 transformation

MarkW

I have just been standing outside with a cup of tea, contemplating the extreme shitness of my old XC90. It looks as though it has rolled down a mountain (but not on its wheels) and I've been wondering what to do with it for some time: part-exchange it for something better, run it into the ground and throw it away, or just burn it for the insurance money.

Then it came to me in a blinding flash: let's turn it into an off-road armchair with a roof tent! Oh yes - this we can do. I shall start scouring Ebay at once for bits to stick on it to effect this miracle transformation. I'll get some chunky all-terrain tyres, lots of superfluous lights, and one of those folding shovel things.

My only slight concern is that the XC90 is not exactly renowned for its off-road capabilities: I drove it over a twig once, which immediately lodged itself between the front brake disk and the dust shield and made a squealing noise that had small children clinging onto their mothers as I drove home through genteel Yorkshire villages.

I'd better get myself a winch too. You never know when one of those might come in handy...

IMG_1665.JPG.79313c3764519418393ba99ed0f81fd3.JPG

IMG_1666.JPG.ed27d8b033d7ef4b854effd53c62da51.JPG

Edited by MarkW

Right...

And don't forget the air-inlet at rooftop level.

You never know, indeed.

Just wonder though.

What happens when you pull up the ladder at night, when you go to sleep... :shock:

Right...

And don't forget the air-inlet at rooftop level.

You never know, indeed.

Check! :thumb:

Just wonder though. What happens when you pull up the ladder at night, when you go to sleep... :shock:

Hmm.. good question. Or, if the ladder is a structural support and has to be left in place, what happens when someone pulls into the spot next to you late at night and knocks it out from under you whilst you're asleep? :o

I thought it was a bike you was on about .. BURN IT no one drives Volvo the only retarded old farts in there flat caps and fake leather gloves . I don't think your a Volvo driver material .....

I've got two of them... :oops:

What about this though. Super cool, surely?

IMG_1668.thumb.JPG.252b18169e5af5f7793bff22c9e904a2.JPG

IMG_1669.thumb.JPG.380b643695fc641f0cfa2394d843aa19.JPG

IMG_1667.thumb.JPG.469aec45bfaf84c30930781aafec5906.JPG

I thought it was a bike you was on about .. BURN IT no one drives Volvo the only retarded old farts in there flat caps and fake leather gloves . I don't think your a Volvo driver material .....

I've got two of them... :oops:

OPPS :laugh: :laugh:

What's the saying !! cant polish a turd but you can roll it in glitter !!!

:cheers: .. It's the name Volvo.. are you sure its called the .tank .. not a coffin as its the nearly dead I see driving them just a few pallbearers short of a funeral.. .. lol

Just get rid of it and buy a Landcruiser :P .

I'd love a Landcruiser, but the only ones I can afford are so ancient they've got cassette players! :lol:

Those are the ones you want!, the new ones are also very very good although very expensive,ideally you want an 80 or 100 series like these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-SEATER-TOYOTA-LAND-CRUISER-80S-MODEL-VX-AUTO-4-2-DIESEL-1993/143227483677?hash=item215905f61d:g:b2oAAOSw3eRce8oY

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-Toyota-Land-Cruiser-Amazon-4-2-TD-5dr/254169456482?hash=item3b2dae1f62:g:HQYAAOSwMHtbh-wc

There's a reason they're used by the UN, various terrorists and Aussies who live in the Outback, they are just that tough!.

Honestly if I had to drive across Africa I'd rather do it in either one of them than a brand new Range Rover!.