Tattoos - let’s see them.

learningtofly

Jeez those are GORGEOUS! :love:

Have you got stories behind them? Or just liked the designs when you met with the artist?

Also, what's the meaning being the "Ka" symbol?

There;s no story to any of them other than 'can you draw me this because I want this' lol

The only two with meaning are the dog, she's mine (and as a puppy she loved carrying sticks and leaves), and the symbol meaning strength! That one I had to be careful with, I made a point of making them check the lines carefully! lol

.top of the ear) and the anti-migraine on both ears.

It dont work . My wife had it done in both ears and the migraines still there an just as bad .. . So unless it's depending on the person

Work for one not the other . Don't know but didn't work for the Mrs . £100 wasted .. And she said it bloody hurt ..

It dont work . My wife had it done in both ears and the migraines still there an just as bad .. . So unless it's depending on the person

Work for one not the other . Don't know but didn't work for the Mrs . £100 wasted .. And she said it bloody hurt ..

I don't really mind if it doesn't work (honestly I'm not expected it to. If the NHS in 5 years and their tests / medications can't get them to stop, I doubt a hole through my ear will) but I do want piercings in that sort of area anyway, as I like the look, and figure if they have a 0.1% chance of stopping the migraines too then it's Win Win.

Honestly my biggest worry with them and the scaffolding is where it will get in the way of taking a bike helmet on and off.

How did your mrs find that?

Does anyone have any experiences with piercings and getting caught in your helmet? (No Prince Albert jokes please... I'm looking at You [mention]Six30[/mention] !)

Does anyone have any experiences with piercings and getting caught in your helmet? (No Prince Albert jokes please... I'm looking at You @Six30 !)

I don't know what's wrong with [mention]Six30[/mention] at the moment: someone mentioned pulled pork in the cooking thread and he didn't say a word. :(

Tattoos: fair few, mostly on my legs. I like colour! I think my fave is either the astronaut orrr the little Kanti symbol behind my ear.

IMG_0357.PNG

23916412_10159547599135175_1215457259314352335_o.jpg

19224881_10158783374280175_3531822137290560420_n.jpg

14753415_10157561044395175_9115007073312352333_o.jpg

IMG_4888.JPG

Let an apprentice loose on this one:

IMG_3670.JPG

Wow , those are astonishingly vivid colours ! I've never seen tattoos that bright before .

Sadly I have no tattoos unless you count a small blue dot where a fellow pupil stabbed me in the arse with a fountain pen in the dinner queue .

Sadly I have no tattoos unless you count a small blue dot where a fellow pupil stabbed me in the arse with a fountain pen in the dinner queue .

No need to see the evidence, Bob, we'll take it as read. Or blue.

No need to see the evidence, Bob, we'll take it as read. Or blue.

I'd turn the other cheek if I could be arsed . :booty:

Why would you get graffiti like stuff put on your skin? You look like bloody ships navvies. Me and Mrs have clean skin :thumb: each to their own mind :cheers:

when I was coming home from a shopping trip today I saw the future and it was a newly opened shop that advertised laser treatment for tattoo's and in the coming years I reckon there will be a lot more springing up :|

I don't really mind if it doesn't work (honestly I'm not expected it to. If the NHS in 5 years and their tests / medications can't get them to stop, I doubt a hole through my ear will) but I do want piercings in that sort of area anyway, as I like the look, and figure if they have a 0.1% chance of stopping the migraines too then it's Win Win.

Honestly my biggest worry with them and the scaffolding is where it will get in the way of taking a bike helmet on and off.

How did your mrs find that?

Does anyone have any experiences with piercings and getting caught in your helmet? (No Prince Albert jokes please... I'm looking at You @Six30 !)

That daith thing fixing migraines is a myth! How can a hole in a cartilage truly fix an issue like that? I have one and I still get headaches etc as always. In fact getting the damn thing left me with a headache the rest of the day lol

Why would you get graffiti like stuff put on your skin? You look like bloody ships navvies. Me and Mrs have clean skin :thumb: each to their own mind :cheers:

Personal preference. Most of the ones on one leg will eventually join together beautifully so ill be more like a colouring book than someone on a ship hopefully ;)

20190426_075136.thumb.jpg.23bdf99dfedf1fa883d42ce6a507ac66.jpg20190426_075025.thumb.jpg.c89cb349a62009de533f7cb2af670c30.jpg20190426_075202.thumb.jpg.c95f5f70bd644b7e7c8bb5e3ca87d9c3.jpg20190426_075334.thumb.jpg.f4db25f21b02ca00022765923f7b72e9.jpg

My arm is in progress of becoming a full sleeve - the tiger is a bamboo tattoo while I was on a holiday to Thailand, sits inside my bicep, and the lion is on my outer apper arm on the outside. Butterfly is below the lion, bottom of my bicep. I'm booked in to get an elephant tattoo on my lower arm (from a photo I took) while at an elephant sanctuary on my honeymoon last xmas. Then I'll complete the sleeve with a photo of the painted dogs and then sleeve filling with elephant plant leaves.

The achillies helmet is on my right calf, which is diminished to my Achilles injury, that's also a bamboo tattoo (same place as tiger) that I got while on my honeymoon.

I do have a pattern design on my back, goes from my shoulder then down my spine, but can take a picture :mrgreen:

I'd have loads of tattoos if I could have afforded them in my 20's.

Please forgive the slightly blurry, poor photo skills!!

Edit: the arms represents the animals I've been lucky enough to encounter from a safari, honeymoon etc. Butterfly has a long story to it, but family related.

My arm is in progress of becoming a full sleeve - the tiger is a bamboo tattoo while I was on a holiday to Thailand, sits inside my bicep, and the lion is on my outer apper arm on the outside. Butterfly is below the lion, bottom of my bicep. I'm booked in to get an elephant tattoo on my lower arm (from a photo I took) while at an elephant sanctuary on my honeymoon last xmas. Then I'll complete the sleeve with a photo of the painted dogs and then sleeve filling with elephant plant leaves.

The achillies helmet is on my right calf, which is diminished to my Achilles injury, that's also a bamboo tattoo (same place as tiger) that I got while on my honeymoon.

I do have a pattern design on my back, goes from my shoulder then down my spine, but can take a picture :mrgreen:

I'd have loads of tattoos if I could have afforded them in my 20's.

Please forgive the slightly blurry, poor photo skills!!

Edit: the arms represents the animals I've been lucky enough to encounter from a safari, honeymoon etc. Butterfly has a long story to it, but family related.

They're really lovely Mark, love the stories to them as well :D

[mention]elizabethf[/mention], like I said I don't expect it to do anything, but I do like the placement. I also like the Rook and Tragus but I imagine I would get the tragus caught alot, especially on bike helmets.

How did you find the healing with yours? How do you find sleeping with it?

Because everyone has a bit of a Boba Fett-ish....

:eek2:

That is Stunning! :love:

Was done as an exhibition piece at a body art show so pretty detailed. The artist has also done a koi and chrysanthemum on my other leg but I’ve not got decent pictures of that.

681787-D1-D04-B-4319-AFA0-4-EBED280-DA5-C.jpg

[mention]elizabethf[/mention] , like I said I don't expect it to do anything, but I do like the placement. I also like the Rook and Tragus but I imagine I would get the tragus caught alot, especially on bike helmets.

Yes I think the placement is cute, and I prefer the ring in comparison to the metal and placement for a tragus!

Its quite close to your head and snuggled nicely in your ear so it should be too awful for sleeping, obviously the first couple of days it may throb a little while it heals. The worst thing for it is catching your hair on it while it heals! Helmet shouldnt be too bad.

The only issue = earplugs (and earbuds)! You wont be able to put them in while it's healing really as I find I have to lift the ring in order to put them in. And once it has healed, it does make it hard to put them in (and make them stay in!). mine have a habit of falling out on that ear when I remove my helmet as the piercing stops it being a really tight fit!

@elizabethf , like I said I don't expect it to do anything, but I do like the placement. I also like the Rook and Tragus but I imagine I would get the tragus caught alot, especially on bike helmets.

Yes I think the placement is cute, and I prefer the ring in comparison to the metal and placement for a tragus!

Its quite close to your head and snuggled nicely in your ear so it should be too awful for sleeping, obviously the first couple of days it may throb a little while it heals. The worst thing for it is catching your hair on it while it heals! Helmet shouldnt be too bad.

The only issue = earplugs (and earbuds)! You wont be able to put them in while it's healing really as I find I have to lift the ring in order to put them in. And once it has healed, it does make it hard to put them in (and make them stay in!). mine have a habit of falling out on that ear when I remove my helmet as the piercing stops it being a really tight fit!

Thanks so much!

This was just the kind of answer I was looking for. :D

Might start looking about for Piercing studios in MK now that we've moved. It will take me at least two months to find somewhere I trust enough anyway :roll: ...

Hi I had to take the helmet off while she tried to stop it catching her ears

.her best m8 had her ears done a few years before for the same reasons and she says it stopped her headaches that's why the Mrs had hers done it might be something to do with that its a person to person thing mind over matter. Now it's her nose stud we have to watch while taken the lid off..

As for tattoo shops doing tattoo removal word of warning you need to ask what type of laser they use . As some won't work on colours and blacks (the ink not ppl ) some wont work at all some wont work on blacks. reds. greens. So you need to look on the net as there is a list/chart showing the models and makes which work from the lowest to the best . Quite a few tatt shops just buy the lowest machines (cheaper) which take 3 to 4 times longer to remove the tatts more money for them longer it takes to remove ..

I had one tatt removed by a top the range machine I was told (by a different place a hospital in fact ) it would take about 10 to 15 sessions to remove so I went to this company and they said about 7 or 8 most .. my tatt was all most gone by the 4 th time . Then the place SHUT down as the machine was too expensive to maintain .all you could see was a faint outline . So I went to this tatt shop who told me they had one of the best removal laser .THEY LIED . It was a cheap one as it didn't have hurt when it was being used on my arm the guy turned it to max and it still didn't hurt or work . Once they finished I told them it was not the machine I asked them about .And didn't charge me as I new they had lied . So find the list and.check before you have the tatt removed..

• 1 month later...

^^ i had laser tattoo removal on my arm, went to a nurse for it, never thought to ask about the lasers they used, its pretty much all gone now anyway, just some blue smudges where i never bothered going back as at that point i was happy with it and always planned on getting it covered up. Several years later and its still not been covered, though i did get this today!

20190529_172744.thumb.jpg.110d0b2baee153833589d7e205b5f444.jpg

Guest Richzx6r

^^ i had laser tattoo removal on my arm, went to a nurse for it, never thought to ask about the lasers they used, its pretty much all gone now anyway, just some blue smudges where i never bothered going back as at that point i was happy with it and always planned on getting it covered up. Several years later and its still not been covered, though i did get this today!

That looks very good kel :thumb:

Bet parts of it bloody hurt