Feeling like a 9 year old

RAYK47

So having passed my DAS last week I have bought my first "big" bike. Went to Peterborough and bought a 2015 Street Triple R. I think it was fate as it was exactly what i wanted including extras. Maybe i have paid a little more over the odds but at £6.3K i was happy enough.

So my wish list was: -

- Street Triple R

- Matt grey colour scheme

- Arrow exhaust

- heated grips

- bar end mirrors (had to buy those separately)

- anything more was a bonus

I will be picking it up tomorrow from Peterborough and riding the 50 miles home to Herts. The only down side is the weather is expecting to be terrible tomorrow so its unlikely to be an enjoyable ride.

I have been finding it hard to sleep since i put the deposit down on Monday, i find myself thinking about it all the time, i am even dreaming about it. Is that weird?

I have been finding it hard to sleep since i put the deposit down on Monday, i find myself thinking about it all the time, i am even dreaming about it. Is that weird?

Nope!! :D

Sounds like you got everything you wanted and sometimes that’s worth paying a bit more for. As long as you’re happy, and it sounds like you are! Enjoy!

I will be picking it up tomorrow from Peterborough and riding the 50 miles home to Herts. The only down side is the weather is expecting to be terrible tomorrow so its unlikely to be an enjoyable ride.

Why not pick it up when the weather improves as it's your first ride on it?

So having passed my DAS last week I have bought my first "big" bike. Went to Peterborough and bought a 2015 Street Triple R. I think it was fate as it was exactly what i wanted including extras. Maybe i have paid a little more over the odds but at £6.3K i was happy enough.

So my wish list was: -

- Street Triple R

- Matt grey colour scheme

- Arrow exhaust

- heated grips

- bar end mirrors (had to buy those separately)

- anything more was a bonus

I know exactly what you're feeling, I'm the same . I pick up my new Harley tomorrow and I've been feeling like a kid at Christmas for over a week . I've got to ride it from Portsmouth to Coventry and it's probably going to piss down all the way .

I know exactly what you're feeling, I'm the same . I pick up my new Harley tomorrow and I've been feeling like a kid at Christmas for over a week . I've got to ride it from Portsmouth to Coventry and it's probably going to piss down all the way .

Glad I am not the only one. Ride safe Bob.

Picked her up this morning.

I am not going to pretend I enjoyed the ride back as 50miles on the motorway with horrible winds was not nice. On the bright side it did not rain.

Gonna have a more leisurely rude tomorrow as the wind would have died down.

Did you buy it from wheels in Peterborough by any chance?

I certainly did Cam. Overall a stress free experience so far.

That’s where I brought mine, I thought they were brilliant too! I’ll be going back soon to look at something bigger.

Enjoy the new bike.