Aprillia garden find .

To be honest it may not progress further than " Can be heard running " in the Garden Find advert on eBay or Gumtree. The tyres are perished and the callipers are beyond recovery so I will probably move it on as a project to someone with the time and determination to do it justice . I got it for free and the prospect of clear profit is very appealing.

I will start the bidding at £5 :lol:

Think you find if you read the previous posts your way off 😁

I aint got time for that shit :lol:

Have you sorted the V5 yet?

Other things on my mind right now. I'm departing Victoria Station to meet my new Harley. But no , not yet .

Other things on my mind right now. I'm departing Victoria Station to meet my new Harley. But no , not yet .

Ok.

Got everything for the trip?

Bandana,fake moustache,AA membership card, bad ass attitude.

Have a safe ride back. :thumb:

Ok.

All the essentials .

IMG_20190426_133542092.thumb.jpg.a0926e48f45cbbd29b3a77deb90fc320.jpg

Ok.

All the essentials .

And don't forget , no nodding back to other bikers .... and when you get home throw all your soap and shampoo away :thumb:

Ok.

All the essentials .

And don't forget , no nodding back to other bikers .... and when you get home throw all your soap and shampoo away :thumb:

Ironically , I nodded cheerily at everything on two wheels and it was most of them that did not return the gesture.

Ok.

All the essentials .

That was actually quite funny - well done.

I make a big deal over waving to Harley riders ... the full nod/leg/hand/arm wave ..... no way can they pretend they haven’t seen me.

Oddly enough just last week I did the same to a group of vintage scooter riders, they all acknowledged me with a grin, I was gutted..... not !!

How was the ride home bob ? You pleased with your new toy.

The ride home was horrible because of the wind blowing me all over the place plus I kept messing up the indicators because there are two switches , one on each side . However , I took it out for a run this evening on roads that I know well . I was a lot more relaxed this time which made all the difference. This bike is everything I hoped it would be . The way it delivers power is amazing and totally different from anything I've experienced . As soon as I get rid of those forward controls I'll write a proper review .

• 2 weeks later...

I had another go at firing up this Aprilia . This time with an air filter in it . Great Success ! This time I had it running nicely for five minutes . There was a bit of smoke that smelled just as burnt two stroke should .The tick over is nice and steady once the choke is off and it revs briskly when I crack the throttle . The lights work , the onboard " computer " works even the indicators flash . Lovely 😁.

Guest Richzx6r

I had another go at firing up this Aprilia . This time with an air filter in it . Great Success ! This time I had it running nicely for five minutes . There was a bit of smoke that smelled just as burnt two stroke should .The tick over is nice and steady once the choke is off and it revs briskly when I crack the throttle . The lights work , the onboard " computer " works even the indicators flash . Lovely 😁.

It would seem you have struck gold there Bob, what you going to do with it now you know it's a goodun?

It would seem you have struck gold there Bob, what you going to do with it now you know it's a goodun?

Well I may have mentioned this before but it has perished tyres and seized brakes so as soon as I have the V5 it's going on eBay and Gumtree etc as a project bike . I've no idea what to ask for it but the fact that I can start it has definitely increased if not doubled the price .

Smell the exhaust and make sure its smells like two stroke else you're running with no oil!!

Great news it's running..

:cheers:

I appreciate the advice , see my latest post 👍.

• 4 weeks later...