Nob of the Day.......

Tango

So the next time.you go to the shops and there is feck all in there you can say well done we got all the lorries off the road .

Or if you see a 3 lane motorway with 3 lorries one in each lane you can call the cops as HGVs are not allowed in the 3rd lane .

Also if you complain to all the special snowflakes who don't like to see a HGV doing 70mph along a motorway so they compline to the companies government bullshite inviromentists that a HGV at 70mph kills polar bears. Then they won't be governed by trackers/speed restrictors .

Might ask plod to ticket foreign lorry drivers who are not on MPH and drive at half speeds .

I think you've taken a bit of an extreme view of the original post which is unusual for you BD.

How about in terms of disruption? Is it reasonable to have a lorry full of potatoes turn up 12 seconds early due to a 5 mile overtaking maneuver at the cost of delaying a huge queue of car drivers by a couple of minutes a piece?

Yeah but

12 seconds extra break 8-)

:lol:

Doctor's receptionists.

Do they have to undergo special training to learn how to be deliberately awkward, or is it just a power trip with them?

Probably, i had to ring this morning to cancel an appointment, took nearly an hour to get through, if i was pushed for time, there would have been no way i could have let them know, then they wonder why people don't turn up :scratch:

Doctor's receptionists.

Do they have to undergo special training to learn how to be deliberately awkward, or is it just a power trip with them?

I get super frustrated with doctor's receptionists.

I'm finding it difficult to breath so I ring the doctor. 'Is it an emergency?'

If I knew that I'd be the fecking doctor!

Many years ago, about 30 or more, I witnessed a poor man having a heart attack in the surgery waiting room while the receptionist could only offer assurances that she'd told the doctor and that he wont be much longer! Three or four minutes passed before the doctor ambled out, saw the poor guy and immediately shouted for receptionist to call 999. He publicly made it very clear that she should have relayed his condition better. No idea what info she relayed to the doctor but it was obviously not sufficient. I didn't see that receptionist after that. :roll:

I was in my car for this one... but the Nob of the day award went to the Black Ford Fiesta ST travelling at brake neck speeds down the A329 in bracknell proceeding to undertake a tipper truck. He zoomed through the hard shoulder and dust and crap went all over the place!!

Well done that man you acheived absoluty nothing apart from spraying dust everywhere and potentially causing a rather hideous accident :dupe:

Truck driver on the A10 south of Royston.....dual carriageway.....I'm in the right hand lane doing 70 positioned for the overtake....truck in the lefthand lane starts slowing just before a left turn so, although he's not indicating, I'm assuming he's turning left into the other road......Wrong.....nope....right indicator comes on and he swings towards the gap in the central reservation to do a U-turn.....even though the road signs indicate no U-turns allowed.....It wasn't even a foreign truck.....fortunately ABS allows you to steer whilst braking heavily.....He had absolutely no regard for anyone else on the road.....fookin idiot! :x :x :x

Guest Richzx6r

Truck driver on the A10 south of Royston.....dual carriageway.....I'm in the right hand lane doing 70 positioned for the overtake....truck in the lefthand lane starts slowing just before a left turn so, although he's not indicating, I'm assuming he's turning left into the other road......Wrong.....nope....right indicator comes on and he swings towards the gap in the central reservation to do a U-turn.....even though the road signs indicate no U-turns allowed.....It wasn't even a foreign truck.....fortunately ABS allows you to steer whilst braking heavily.....He had absolutely no regard for anyone else on the road.....fookin idiot! :x :x :x

Glad you had your wits about you as that could have been alot different it could have been a seance that we were using

Glad you had your wits about you as that could have been alot different it could have been a seance that we were using

A guy on a S1000RR had just hammered it past me....easily clocking 3 figures.....If he'd been a few seconds later I hate to think of what could have happened. .... :shock:

Guest Richzx6r

A guy on a S1000RR had just hammered it past me....easily clocking 3 figures.....If he'd been a few seconds later I hate to think of what could have happened. .... :shock:

Yeah just the thought is painful enough, I'm definitely more cautious than I already was about t junctions after the off, I always fond myself over analysing vehicle movements though I know that was abit of a freak accident and not my fault but still

Doctor's receptionists.

I get super frustrated with doctor's receptionists.

I'm finding it difficult to breath so I ring the doctor. 'Is it an emergency?'

I replied I don't know its relative what are the other patients illnesses? this was followed by lecture on patient confidentiality.

2 weeks later I had an appointment with my doctor, which made an interesting conversation.

I think I have just wasted your time.

Why?

This morning I have not had a shit.

Dr reads his notes, so you have had diarrhea for 3 weeks?

I came home and was shitting through eye of needle so I fasted for few days felt weak, ate for few days go sore arse.

Dr you should really have come to me sooner.

I phoned reception gave my symptoms (shiting through eye of needle) after 5 days and was told this was first appointment.

Dr where had you been traveling?

As I told receptionist West Africa, don't worry its not malaria I doubled up on Doxycycline and took some Malarone, I had spare. When I was feeling weak and had flue like symptoms after given the wait for an appointment, it did not help. I have seen people with malaria I did not think it was, any way it would be obvious by now i it was Cerebral malaria.

Dr took some basic observations and made some notes.

I think I still have the little tube for a stool sample incase it came back :D

After that the receptionists had been polite, I have rarely had to wait 24 hours to see the doctor or nurse.

Although I took my misses in the other day I have not been in for whilst. I managed an argument in 30 seconds, well how was I meant to know which waiting room she was in telepathy? :shock:

Glad you managed to stay safe. Doesn't bare thinking about what could have happened.

It riles me up whenever I see or hear about other truckers being such selfish and dangerous d'heads. From personal experience it seems to be the skip, tipper and bulk drivers that most often have that F U attitude. Nowadays, it's so easy for the authorities to penalise any driver with a CPC that most of us have a little respect for traffic laws and other road users ( even the impatient ones who think they're special).

Glad you managed to stay safe. Doesn't bare thinking about what could have happened.

It riles me up whenever I see or hear about other truckers being such selfish and dangerous d'heads. From personal experience it seems to be the skip, tipper and bulk drivers that most often have that F U attitude. Nowadays, it's so easy for the authorities to penalise any driver with a CPC that most of us have a little respect for traffic laws and other road users ( even the impatient ones who think they're special).

My father-in-law was an LGV driver and we had many 'conversations' about the ar*ehole standard of driving. Like, driving inches from the bumper in front; taking up the middle lane to overtake regardless of what is there; thinking they own the road with bullyboy tactics. His response was always look at the size of my lorry ... they'll get out of the way. What if they don't? I'd asked. So you're happy to put someone's son or daughter in their grave because you're a bully in your big shinny truck! They'll get out of the way was his only response. Well, I said, what if it was Marie? (His daughter, my ex wife) Oh, don't, Paul! I got from him ... And, I continued, what if your grandchildren were their too?

He was quiet and very contemplative for several days after that ... doubt it made any lasting impression though. Many, not all, lorry drivers are bullies with that 'they'll get out of my way' attitude!

It was a bulk driver....so, you probably aren't surprised.

Unfortunately I witnessed an accident involving a bulk driver a few years back......which resulted in the driver being jailed for causing death by dangerous driving X2 and causing serious injuries by dangerous driving X2.....so I'm always very wary of these guys when I'm on the road.... :shock:

But I'm also always amazed by car drivers when they decide to play chicken with trucks....do they really believe that they're safe in their little tin box?

The standard of driving from a large number of road users these days is truly frightening. .... :shock:

@ Phooey

I absolutely agree there are those that use supreme arrogance or bullying to gain a few seconds or a few yards, but I think they are a minority.

@ Tango

No surprise at all. I think, as opposed to most drivers the bulkers and tippers are paid by the load, not by the hour. And they generally carry dirt/rubble/rubbish/tarmac - having worked around building sites/road works etc I notice the workers have a completely different attitude to most of the transport industry; more self focused and less customer orientated. And yes, the general standard of driving is frighteningly bad - I was thinking of starting a separate thread on that.

Please don't group all truck drivers as bad/selfish/dangerous - much as all bikers shouldn't be compared to the scooter/trailie yobs riding pavements or wheelying the wrong way up dual carriageways.

For anyone criticising truck drivers, I say spend a day with a trucker and see the carp they have to put up with from other road users - maybe it will change your opinion a little

Me this morning.

I was on nights last night. Rode onto work in relative heat and sunshine.

Had scrape the frost off the seat at 6 AM to get on the bloody thing to ride home!!!!

Was a tad cold when I got home..

I don't often post on this thread but today on a single track lane two cyclists riding two abreast & we held back ( on motorbikes) after 20 seconds the offside cyclist holds his right hand out in a stay back signal & eventually he moves to single file so we can pass. Plus he knew we were on bikes as he'd glanced back so it's not like hes protecting them from a car. I said to my mate on comms lets ride two abreast at 5 mph in front of them & I'll hold my hand out ! Anyway rant over, we went past them at maybe plus 5mph then I opened it up to let my cans speak for me. Apols to the cyclists on here I know you're not all the same.

Peace :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Geezer on a blue and white gixxer in Northampton this morning.

Went to work on the scoot, pulled up at a set of lights behind a couple of cars all waiting to turn right.

Hear a loud bike behind me and gixxer pulls alongside with his front wheel in front of mine in a passive superiority move, my bikes better than yours kind of thing.

To be fair he did look around and nodded.

I was then cursing my choice of bike, should have been on the R1.

Anyway, lights change, cars move off and............he f'kin stalls it ahahahahahaha. :up: :up:

I twist and go and leave him behind.

Made my day. :D :D .I'm grinning as I write this.

Yesterday it was probably me.......just on my way towards home from a run to scrub new tyres in and followed 2 cars out of a junction onto a main road......They didn't seem to be in any great hurry and oblivious to the cars bearing down on us from behind......There was a car coming the other way, but it was a short way off, so I decided to go for the overtake and felt that I could take them both ......but I kinda misjudged the speed of the car coming the opposite direction......anyway, I passed the second car with the bike bouncing off the Rev limiter in 2nd gear and got in front of him in time......but it was a bit closer than I intended......no great drama.....but definitely a dick move on my part..... :roll:

The hero on a facebook page who was asking for advice about upgrading his bike with a picture of him riding in normal jeans, trainers and no gloves - someone suggested he upgrade his riding kit before spending money on a bike. To which he responded with some aggression saying anyone who gave advice about riding kit was a nazi....

Only to post a few hours later detailing the injuries he's sustained after a fairly minor off. All things that decent kit would have prevented.

Still, at least he's likely not to pass on many of his genes.

Guest Richzx6r

The hero on a facebook page who was asking for advice about upgrading his bike with a picture of him riding in normal jeans, trainers and no gloves - someone suggested he upgrade his riding kit before spending money on a bike. To which he responded with some aggression saying anyone who gave advice about riding kit was a nazi....

Only to post a few hours later detailing the injuries he's sustained after a fairly minor off. All things that decent kit would have prevented.

Still, at least he's likely not to pass on many of his genes.

That should have read any of his Gene's.......

The mother driving her little darling to school this morning who was right on my rear wheel. At one point I had to slow for a speed bump which she hadn't spotted so nearly ran into the back of me. She had to hit the brakes hard.

Her child was in the front seat without a seat belt so got launched into the dashboard.

And apparently it was all my fault. :scratch:

The only thing you don't have complete control of riding a bike is the bast*rd behind you that's trying to kill you. :evil:

This is true I find changing speed regularly speed limit +/- 3 mph, you can also brake and accelerate on a bike which confuses most drivers... Riding badly is another good thing looking over shoulder wobbling, swerving badly for drains manholes, swerving away from pedestrians...

Let the old lady, buss, Lorry delivery driver out of side road ahead of you then over take / filter past them.

Audi Quattro driven by a bloke around my age, going towards Media city.

Trying to join the roundabout to turn left. The road I'm on splits into two, a lane to turn left/go straight over, and a lane to go straight over/right (straight over is a dual carriageway). But occasionally you get an idiot who dives up the right lane when it's clear and then turns left. This causes trouble, especially when the person in the left lane wants to go straight over.

An Audi TT Quattro bombs up alongside and I guess he's going to do something dodgy. As soon as it's clear, we both go and turn left. It's a dual carriageway we join so he's now on my right. I sort of tut to myself but he's not racing off so I guess he's just cheeky rather than the road rage bully type.

Half a mile later, I need to be in the right lane for a right at the roundabout. There's a 3-4 car sized gap between the TT and the car ahead of him and I'm actually ahead of him on the left, so I position, check to see if he's closing, he's not, so I indicate and move over.

He must have been waiting for me to do it in a low gear ready to pounce, as he cleared the gap in a split second. He forces in alongside me when I'm over half way over, blares his horn, and tries to push me back into the left lane. He's not looking at me as I look at him, he just stares ahead. It irks me that if I swung in without indication, he'd have not been able to react. He counted on me being sensible, so that he could be a dick.

Fortunately, the roundabout ahead splits into 3, clearly marked, left, straight, and right. It's been recently remarked, but I happen to know if you go straight, as you join the roundabout the next arrow you find is straight/right. So I calmly return to my left lane, keep alongside him, and as he gets stuck behind 4 cars, I go down the clear lane down the middle, join the roundabout which has just cleared, which nips me ahead of the car waiting in the right, and lets me filter into the right without bothering anyone to do it.

I could have fallen behind him, and would have. But when a clean/legal move that gets you ahead is on the cards, I feel it makes a strong point about how driving smart is always going to trump driving like a nob. 8-)