MOT failed on chain

Lumor_uk

I stupidly didn't check my chain, knew it was loose but didn't realise how bad.

Drive chain worn to excess

Drive chain excessively loose

Now I asked if I could get away with just tightening it to which he said no it's had it showing it swaying side to side. They don't do motorbike repairs so he's not gaining the business. As I was looking at the notches at the back he said he would have tightened it if he thought it would work. I've gone and tightened it anyway and looks fine now within spec. It's just gone past half way on the notches at the back. Am I looking for something else on the chain to make him think it's had it? It's relatively clean with no rust.

Do both those wordings mean the same thing and I'm reading too much into it? I feel like a duck for not replacing it when he said I should.

if you take it back after he has told you its screwed its not going to pass!

If he has nothing to gain then I would trust his word and replace it

You can't put a price on safety :)

I looked at it and thought it was screwed, I literally did 4 turns on the chain tensioners and it was at spec again :( someone say something supporting please? :cry:

No I haven't tightened it all up yet :wink: actually looking at it. It's going to be 2nd from last notch.

Edit: Okay so DID X chain and sprocket is £95 or SSS o ring and sprockets for £100?

20190429_185612.thumb.jpg.95c90df24f921c90e9f794944e4fc423.jpg

He won't pass it as in his opinion its screwed and he knows you have just tightened it if you rode out and it snapped and took your leg off or worse still killed you then he would be going to prison