Oxford ground anchor removal

Bender

Or rather how shit this particular one is

https://www.infinitymotorcycles.com/product/oxford-brute-force-mini-ground-anchor?gclid=CjwKCAjwwZrmBRA7EiwA4iMzBEj6vkT8wo2Sx5VtPasVGw9R-2NDMsEbOdTRObS2pp-ygfBCAcbRexoCvUkQAvD_BwE

Today's odd job, remove the above, I did think about attacking bolts first as even with Oxford chain in place I could still get grinder into them

Noticed that the cover is only welded along the outside edge so simply sliced along one side above the weld and bent it open, half way it snapped clean off, time to cut less than 30sec, yes there is some noise involved but not for long, it took a lot less to cut through the chain, Un known Oxford, not very thick.

Used about 1/4 of grinding disk and grinder still showing full battery.

Wouldn't really recommend the above.

Brute Force and Mini just don't quite belong in the same sentence . Looks more like a bracket than a Ground Anchor .

Yea it was crap, it bent open with my small stilsons and snapped clean off, I cut through the bolt heads just to see how that went, they took a little longer than the side plate but there would be no need as the side is so easy to attack, it had a gold security sticker what ever that's supposed to be, maybe it was reinforcement.

for the price that these ground anchors cost it's pretty poor reliability, you could pick up some scraps from an engineering company and make your own if you can weld, 8-10mm thick plate steel, would take some getting through with a battery grinder, especially if it was quite long, but any type of security is only as strong as the weakest part, no point having a bomb proof anchor, if the chain or lock is crap,

I have a huge piece of oval 10mm steel which is a decent length and the bolts are fairly deep inside! It would take some removing but its possible like anything

The biggest problem for security is not at home, but when you're out, at home i can wrap the bike with several chains and locks no problem, one look at that and a would be opportunist thief would just walk away, but going into town or the local shops for a 5,10, 15 minute visit, that's all they need, carrying around half a dozen chains is a no go, just not practical, the best deterrent is noise,fit something that makes lots of loud sounds when disturbed,

I made my own anchor from plate steel and some tubing some years ago. the local wildlife decided to try and nick my bike, but all they managed to do was twist the chain round and round, which tightened it up onto the tyre and rim, buggering up the wheel in the process but they did not get the bike