Ever wanted to try sailing a boat?

Mississippi Bullfrog

Anyone ever wanted to try their hand at sailing a boat?

Many sailing clubs will be having an open day on 11 May called 'Push the Boat Out'. It is a day when they open the club to visitors and let people have a go sailing a boat on the water. Mostly it is dinghy sailing - two or three handers - so you can go out with an experienced sailor and just have a go.

It is free. You don't need any experience or equipment. Just turn up and have some fun. No obligation - but if you like riding motorbikes then sailing a Laser in a strong breeze is probably something you're going to love.

I'm taking part in our local club event on Winsford Flash from 10.00am to 5.00pm - but wherever you are there will be a local sailing club running something similar. Just Google your local sailing club if you want to have a go.

Everyone should give sailing a go if they can. It suits racers and folk just out for a bit of fun equally.

I used to love being out on the boats with the sea scouts :D

Not sailed for some years, my most recent foray into boating, was an inflatable fishing boat i used on the local canal :thumb: , before that was an aluminium punt powered with a British Seagull outboard :lol:

Guest Richzx6r

Not sailed for some years, my most recent foray into boating, was an inflatable fishing boat i used on the local canal :thumb: , before that was an aluminium punt powered with a Seagull :lol:

That must have been some seagull to be able to push a boat along..... :scratch:

Not sailed for some years, my most recent foray into boating, was an inflatable fishing boat i used on the local canal :thumb: , before that was an aluminium punt powered with a Seagull :lol:

That must have been some seagull to be able to push a boat along..... :scratch:

It was, 1.5HP :lol:

P1010542.JPG.56bc9c80aa155b234c48d134b2f6838c.JPG

I sailed when I was young as my mum had always been into it and kind of made us, only dinghy sailing but it was quite an enjoyable way to spend a weekend, I’ve pretty much forgotten everything in the 25ish years since I’ve sailed though!.