Nob of the Day.......

Tango

Guest Richzx6r

Audi Quattro driven by a bloke around my age, going towards Media city.

Trying to join the roundabout to turn left. The road I'm on splits into two, a lane to turn left/go straight over, and a lane to go straight over/right (straight over is a dual carriageway). But occasionally you get an idiot who dives up the right lane when it's clear and then turns left. This causes trouble, especially when the person in the left lane wants to go straight over.

An Audi TT Quattro bombs up alongside and I guess he's going to do something dodgy. As soon as it's clear, we both go and turn left. It's a dual carriageway we join so he's now on my right. I sort of tut to myself but he's not racing off so I guess he's just cheeky rather than the road rage bully type.

Half a mile later, I need to be in the right lane for a right at the roundabout. There's a 3-4 car sized gap between the TT and the car ahead of him and I'm actually ahead of him on the left, so I position, check to see if he's closing, he's not, so I indicate and move over.

He must have been waiting for me to do it in a low gear ready to pounce, as he cleared the gap in a split second. He forces in alongside me when I'm over half way over, blares his horn, and tries to push me back into the left lane. He's not looking at me as I look at him, he just stares ahead. It irks me that if I swung in without indication, he'd have not been able to react. He counted on me being sensible, so that he could be a dick.

Fortunately, the roundabout ahead splits into 3, clearly marked, left, straight, and right. It's been recently remarked, but I happen to know if you go straight, as you join the roundabout the next arrow you find is straight/right. So I calmly return to my left lane, keep alongside him, and as he gets stuck behind 4 cars, I go down the clear lane down the middle, join the roundabout which has just cleared, which nips me ahead of the car waiting in the right, and lets me filter into the right without bothering anyone to do it.

I could have fallen behind him, and would have. But when a clean/legal move that gets you ahead is on the cards, I feel it makes a strong point about how driving smart is always going to trump driving like a nob. 8-)

You can always count on car drivers to get jealous that a bike overtakes them or wants the bit of road in front of them, I just let them be a twat and laugh at them as they get held up and I ride off in to the distance

nob of the day was the idiot in a modified hatchback that pulled up at a set of lights at a roundabout in kettering, on my left. kept revving engine and creeping forward until most of his car was over the white line, even though lights were on red, and I was thinking keep going and get flashed by the red light cameras. lights start to change, and as soon as amber appears nob floors the pedal causing his tyres to squeal as he moves of. I waited till lights hit green, checked nothing was going to run a red light coming from my right, then let the clutch out. left nob in my wake and waved at him as I passed :lol:

The utter twerp who placed a road closed sign at the end of our lane with a diversion system that takes you miles and then brings you back from the opposite direction which is where the road really is closed.

So a long detour there and back when the road I wanted to go down wasn't closed in the first place.

After a hard evening's sailing I was ready for my tea!

Guest Richzx6r

nob of the day was the idiot in a modified hatchback that pulled up at a set of lights at a roundabout in kettering, on my left. kept revving engine and creeping forward until most of his car was over the white line, even though lights were on red, and I was thinking keep going and get flashed by the red light cameras. lights start to change, and as soon as amber appears nob floors the pedal causing his tyres to squeal as he moves of. I waited till lights hit green, checked nothing was going to run a red light coming from my right, then let the clutch out. left nob in my wake and waved at him as I passed :lol:

Always get one knobhead trying it on at the lights but then don't go anywhere when the lights actually change, why do they do it?

Guest Richzx6r

The utter twerp who placed a road closed sign at the end of our lane with a diversion system that takes you miles and then brings you back from the opposite direction which is where the road really is closed.

So a long detour there and back when the road I wanted to go down wasn't closed in the first place.

After a hard evening's sailing I was ready for my tea!

At least you spent more time on the bike.....theres a silver lining in every cloud

Guest Richzx6r

Did I mention HGV/lorry drivers?

F**king useless ***** to a man.

:lol: something tells me you don't like lorry drivers

Did I mention HGV/lorry drivers?

F**king useless ***** to a man.

:lol: something tells me you don't like lorry drivers

To be fair, they're fine when they're not causing havoc during rush hour by driving like inconsiderate tag nuts.

I'd say the clear winner is the woman in a white range rover who had run over a cyclist. Saw on my way home there was approximately 800 people stopped to help and he was sitting up so I carried on but his bike was fully under her wheels

Guest Richzx6r

I'd say the clear winner is the woman in a white range rover who had run over a cyclist. Saw on my way home there was approximately 800 people stopped to help and he was sitting up so I carried on but his bike was fully under her wheels

Well range rover explains it all.....owners of the road

The twatty bloke in an Audi A4 coming into Belfast who stuck his wheels on the centre white line in near stopped traffic to prevent me filtering through.... for about 30 seconds until the other lane moved forward a couple of car lengths and I was past him. Of course he gained nothing but my contempt.

Guest Richzx6r

The twatty bloke in an Audi A4 coming into Belfast who stuck his wheels on the centre white line in near stopped traffic to prevent me filtering through.... for about 30 seconds until the other lane moved forward a couple of car lengths and I was past him. Of course he gained nothing but my contempt.

Just take the twats mirror off

Just take the twats mirror off

While I'm tempted to agree, it's worth baring in mind there are some drivers that are so self important, or hate/misunderstand bikers so much that mirror swiping won't teach them any lessons. In fact it could make them even more anti-bike and the next two wheeler filtering through could get rammed.

Not to mention the legal problems if the cage has it all on dashcam :|

Lorry driver on the Newbury bypass

I was about to filter between him and a car when he drifted to the right, I thought he was being a twat and trying to block me off, then he drifted left into the gutter kicking up debris followed by a lurch to the right, I decided to hold back and tuck in behind the car in the RH lane.

Sure enough as we eventually drew level I could see he was looking at his phone - I blew my horn and gave him the shaking coffee beans sign ✊💦, he just looked at me blankly - f**king ar*ehole.

Guest Richzx6r

I was about to filter between him and a car when he drifted to the right, I thought he was being a twat and trying to block me off, then he drifted left into the gutter kicking up debris followed by a lurch to the right, I decided to hold back and tuck in behind the car in the RH lane.

Sure enough as we eventually drew level I could see he was looking at his phone - I blew my horn and gave him the shaking coffee beans sign ✊💦, he just looked at me blankly - f**king ar*ehole.

Why do metal sheep drivers think it's ok to use they're mobiles while driving

Why do metal sheep drivers think it's ok to use they're mobiles while driving

Probably the same reason most car drivers seem to think it's ok, although I have a suspicion in the west Midlands it's part of the driving test now - updating facebook while turning right on a roundabout 😉

But for a sensible answer....it can be an incredibly boring job on times - 50-55mph for hours on end, sod all over taking, high up with great visiblility of everything around, the world slows down. It can create a sense of detachment and loss of concentration, loss it can be tempting to pick the phone up. I've occasionally done it in the past. But I've also seen drivers getting sacked for it too. More and more operators have multi camera setups in their wagons now recording inside and out, saved to secure hard drives.

So for the jerk mentioned here - his yorkee days are numbered.

Always get one knobhead trying it on at the lights but then don't go anywhere when the lights actually change, why do they do it?

You answered your own question, because they're knobheads.

Probably the same reason most car drivers seem to think it's ok, although I have a suspicion in the west Midlands it's part of the driving test now - updating facebook while turning right on a roundabout 😉

But for a sensible answer....it can be an incredibly boring job on times - 50-55mph for hours on end, sod all over taking, high up with great visiblility of everything around, the world slows down. It can create a sense of detachment and loss of concentration, loss it can be tempting to pick the phone up. I've occasionally done it in the past. But I've also seen drivers getting sacked for it too. More and more operators have multi camera setups in their wagons now recording inside and out, saved to secure hard drives.

So for the jerk mentioned here - his yorkee days are numbered..

After doing lorry driving for good part 15 ...no It's not as boring as you think...

So playing on your phone is 100% STUPID .. .

IF been in his phone call the cops on him due to lorry drivera bad press the cops can check his phone movements and tacograph it show his phone moving and him driving .also quite a few company's who have speed restrictions on the lorry also now have in cab dash cam .

Guest Richzx6r

Mine goes to the moron at the front of a queue of traffic at the lights while I'm next to him in the work van....I pull up and hes reading messages and texting so I mention for him to put the phone down, he rolls down the passenger window and shouts to me hes not driving so theres no problem with checking his messages and doesn't like it that I point out his problem of hes still driving due to him being at traffic lights that are about to change and e is in the driving seat with the engine running and the car in gear......it didn't take him long to put the phone down :thumb:

Yet again i am the knob of the day

New car, multistory car park = scratched bumper going round a stupid bendy bend. I am consoling myself with wine, though thankfully the damage is only cosmetic, the dude at the body shop told me to go in tues and he'll sort it out for a tenner

Am still fuming though

Bottom two pics are after id cleaned it, bumper just needs popping back into place and that underneath bit re attaching

That circled bit is a random bit id managed to shave a piece off somehow

I hate today so much hahaha

20190503_110930.thumb.jpg.ee66e92e2564553fec074fe5ffe8a5d1.jpg

20190503_161739.thumb.jpg.2830bb853ca2da271081e2b25dd31075.jpg

20190503_170535.thumb.jpg.cce0d682c68f202d81914e189462258a.jpg

Thsts what the body shop guy said but im sat here raging away at myself stull, TWO WEEKS ive had it

I was legit cleaning the yellow off in tesco car park because i didn't want to do it at home as id never hear the f**king end of it. Can only imagine what i looked like

Wine is helping tho

Yes that's half a melon with a spoon in it. Dont judge me

15569123468613224454647763627663.thumb.jpg.1d4a44091d0cd730a821065a9d258b9e.jpg

I hate it when I do something like that. Firstly because I did it and secondly because it really annoys me when I know that in the bigger order of things it's not the worst problem in the world but it still makes me mad with myself.

It is why I hate buying new cars. I'm happier driving a wreck.

I hate it when I do something like that. Firstly because I did it and secondly because it really annoys me when I know that in the bigger order of things it's not the worst problem in the world but it still makes me mad with myself.

It is why I hate buying new cars. I'm happier driving a wreck.

I was sat here thinking i should have just kept the mini and saved myself several thousands of pounds. Ive not even started paying for it yet, its that bloody new