Zzr1400 performance

Buster s dad

Purchased a new zzr1400 performance to replace my old 14 plate model.The bike is fine apart from a low down flat spot around 3000 rpm making it a bit of a dog.Asked the dealer who reckoned it was down to emissions tuning for Euro 6 nothing Kawasaki can or will do about it.Seems a shame to have to ride it like a supersport when the best thing about these is or was massive torque.

Anyone have any ideas or know a decent tuner in the northwest?

Yep , I agree with the last two comments . There's no way a motorcycle in this performance class and price bracket should have a flat spot . The garage's excuse sounds like pure bullshit . Tell them you want another one that works properly . Simple as that.

they are all like that ..its the secondary flies ... you need an ECU flash and some remove said flies ..

I use Muc - off to remove flies 😛

they are all like that ..its the secondary flies ... you need an ECU flash and some remove said flies ..

I regret to say that I don't understand a word of that statement .

I think he means the secondary butterflies in the inlet tract. I read somewhere that removing them improves the midrange but screws the environmental compliance.

I think he means the secondary butterflies in the inlet tract. I read somewhere that removing them improves the midrange but screws the environmental compliance.

Ah ha , thanks for that !

nope .. the secondary flies are there to stop peeps killing themselves in the lower revs and gears from the set off ..that is rear wheel spin and puttin the bike down the road ... The ECU flash sorts out the fueling .. the closed loop included .. below 3000 - 4000 revs .. there are no gains anywhere else .. but the bike becomes a lot more responsive to the

throttle openings .. .. however if you want a smooth operation then you must be smooth with the throttle operation .. frankly your better off with a dedicated forum as it's clear that nobody here has any experience of this issue ....lots and lots about it here and where to go to have it sorted

http://www.zx14r.co.uk/phpBB3/

PS.. doing what i said resolved the exact same issue with my 2008 ..

nope .. the secondary flies are there to stop peeps killing themselves in the lower revs and gears from the set off ..that is rear wheel spin and puttin the bike down the road ... The ECU flash sorts out the fueling .. the closed loop included .. below 3000 - 4000 revs .. there are no gains anywhere else .. but the bike becomes a lot more responsive to the

throttle openings .. .. however if you want a smooth operation then you must be smooth with the throttle operation .. frankly your better off with a dedicated forum as it's clear that nobody here has any experience of this issue ....lots and lots about it here and where to go to have it sorted

http://www.zx14r.co.uk/phpBB3/

PS.. doing what i said resolved the exact same issue with my 2008 ..

https://www.zxforums.com/forums/zx-14-forum/7500-flies-out-picture-guide.html

Guest Richzx6r

Did you not go for a test ride before parting with stacks of dosh?

The place I brought my new ninja from wouldn't let me test ride it..... :scratch: