Reporting dangerous drivers

workpeter

Wondering is it possible?

Today was doing 50MPH in 50MPH zone and was in slowest lane. Guy fast approaches from behind doing 70MPH, then tailgates me with around 2 metres gap! then does a close overtake into middle then slow lane to end up infront of me.

The whole situation was bizare because we were the only two on the road, so he could of moved over the fast lane at any time, but he intentionally came really close. he didnt use indicators either.

Unfortunately my helmet camera wasn't on at the time, however if it was, how do i report someone for dangerous driving?

If I was you I would IMMEDIATELY stop giving a shit and get on with my life.

Even if you had evidence then sod all would happen anyway.

If I was you I would IMMEDIATELY stop giving a shit and get on with my life.

Even if you had evidence then sod all would happen anyway.

I get so angry these people intentionally put my life in danger so they can feel something. If they get away with it, they can do it to others.

Guest Richzx6r

As above, its annoying and I don't know what kick they get out of it but I'd just ignore it and move on unless they physically touch you or your bike the police would laugh you out of the building saying they either cant(be arsed) to do anything or just give you some cock and bull that they are doing all they can

Much as I tend to agree with the above if a motorist has used their vehicle in an aggressive or threatening manner there's nothing to lose reporting it to the police.

To be fair unless you've got some form of evidence or witnesses there's little they can do. But if they receive multiple complaints about the same person it can affect future decisions.

We had a prat who lived down our road and the police were aware of his antics. It was not entirely by coincidence they happened to be in the vicinity of his favourite bullying spot one day and he got done for it. A lot of police work is building up a picture of what is going on so you might not get an instant "Go to jail, do not collect £200" but you might contribute to getting said pillock off the road somewhere down the line.

Guest Richzx6r

Ohhhhh yes he is

Are you one of them jehovah's witnesses.

What did you see.

Workpeter could do with one as his cam wasn't working,

Nah I burst in to flames at the mere mention of religious stuff

Slight panic for a second there as i recalled a well dodgy manouvre i made on the motorway yesterday on my way to work 😬

Jesus rode upon an ass but he did not drive like an ass.

Indeed not - unlike Jehu son of Nimshi who 'driveth furiously'- King James Version. (Which I guess is where the wording of the 1847 Act forbidding 'cycling furiously' comes from.)

Much as I tend to agree with the above if a motorist has used their vehicle in an aggressive or threatening manner there's nothing to lose reporting it to the police.

To be fair unless you've got some form of evidence or witnesses there's little they can do. But if they receive multiple complaints about the same person it can affect future decisions.

:stupid:

Advice from a mate who's a copper is to call the non-emergency number (101), give the licence plate number, time and place and a little detail and it will get logged against the vehicle.

As MB has said, this will be used in future interactions with this vehicle and they might do an insurance / tax check.

Most of the times if someones a dick driver, it's not a one time event and if the police get one call about a car and then see that same car out and about, they have more reason to keep and eye on them until they f**k up.

Also, don't try and punch wing mirrors off, or at least not on the posher cars. Had a mate who practically smashed his fist to pieces trying it :roll: Also, if that car then choose to chase you down, it's far less harm to that driver to smack your bike off the road than it's going to be for you.

As said above report it to the cops. As it might not have any use now unless others have complained. But down the line he will get a letter off the cops saying he's been reported for bad driving and it go on file he will get a letter off the cops I know that for sure . ..

Don't hit the new mini copper mirrors as they are like fecking rock solid