Glasgow training schools

Hi

Where did you do your training ?

Where do you recommend ?, who to steer clear off ?.

Anyone know any training instructors to get some more riding time in ?

I really want more ride time under my belt, building confidence and preparing for future DAS training.

Glasgow or surrounding areas would be fine.

Alan.

Both me and my wife had bad experiences, along with a very rude and condescending owner at Route 66 in Motherwell.

They also changed the prices between CBT and continuation. Originally it was £30, the owner phoned my wife and told her ‘we didn’t think you would take so long, so it’s now £100’ which totally knocked my wives confidence as well as been shady practice, to quote one price then move the goal posts.

Their bikes were awful, one had 100k miles the other 200k. The bike I used the throttle would jam open at 4K revs and I was told it was my fault I could not control it.

The other bike the fuel cap was broken so when the bike went down it would spill fuel everywhere. A serious MOT failure and danger.

On my CBT, two others could not complete the figure of 8 but went out on the road anyway. The woman I was with fell off the bike 3 times, the final at a very bad and busy junction and rendered the bike useless. She had no business been on the road for her own safety, but her husband knew the instructor. Almost got her killed.

I moved to Ride On in Renfrew for DAS and they have been excellent, all knew bikes and great instructors. Could not recommend enough

Do the free tester most places offer and see what you think. I switched during my lessons from one school to another because of not getting on with instructors.

I did my lessons in 2011, so no point in saying which school as chances are the instructors are different now.

• 3 weeks later...

I used Alba MTA in Bridgetown, very good instructors and helpful. Bikes were all newish and they were taking delivery of brand new ones at the time. (I learnt on a Kawasaki ER6-N)

They have their own building with showers, training room etc which is nice.

I've no problems recommending them. They are also an Honda training school.

Any questions feel free to ask.