Carbon fibre swingarm covers

smallfrowne

Yes like that, but I've seen bigger panels too. Are people ashamed their swingers are made of aluminium? Must be glued on too which probably makes a mess.

The daftest thing I used to sell at M&P was carbon look bar end weights FFS . But if you do like carbon fibre but can't afford it , just paint the components black , stretch a pair of Airtex pants over them , spray lightly with some silver paint left over from Christmas and , voila ! Carbon - look . :thumb: Oh yeah , for Kevlar just use gold paint instead.

Edited by fastbob

Collect dirt and water underneath to help corrosion destroy your bike in areas you can't see or clean.

Not to mention salt , uugh .

Hmm yes keep things balanced in the world. But how do you balance a set of blue/pink/green ally fasteners?

Enlist the help of a colour blind friend and just agree to accept whatever they do .

I think what's happening here is that modern bikes are so well presented that it's getting harder and harder for manufacturers to sell tat to stick on them . When I worked in the trade in the 90s it was coloured headlight covers , coloured double bubble and flip screens , under trays , huggers , carbon tank pads , carbon yoke covers , solo seat cowls and don't forget anodised and carbon look bar ends that seemed to fly out of the shop all day . These days , from what I've seen , bikes seem to already look customized from new.

Guest Richzx6r

Don't forget that when plastering things in fake carbon fibre you must also add a blue side light bulb to your headlight or you risk the bike exploding.

You know for some reason the little centre side light on my new ninja is blue coloured I'll post a pic soon

Im actually really bored of carbon fibre. It's been overused and I'm starting to think it looks like grannie's knitting!!

It's time something new came along as carbon fiber is no longer "exotic" ..