Yamaha yzf r125 Lack of power

Buzzeye1010

Hello,

I have a Yamaha yzf r125 16 plate. Last last couple of days I’ve noticed when I’m riding the bike will lose power for a split second and then goes back to normal. No warning lights are the dash. It’s as if the brakes go on and then released for a millisecond. It’s being getting slightly worse the more a ride it. It mainly happens when I hit a bump but It has happened randomly. My dash remains normal when this happens which make me thinks it’s not that, that needs charging. I’m not very knowledgable when it comes to this stuff so if someone could give me a rough idea of what this could be I’d appreciate it!

Many thanks

I wild guess. Check your side stand switch . Easy cure , give the tab that pushes the plunger in a good tap with a hammer so it pushes the plunger in a little bit further .

Guest Richzx6r

True but still. I'm not saying they aren't good bikes I had one back in 2011 and it was good for 85 odd mph but it's still a 125 with at best 12 BHP

I had similar issues with my YBR(FI), cutting out for a fraction of a second and coming back. I suspect there was an issue with the ignition loom(igntion barrel) because since i have installed heated grips the problem vanished.

True but still. I'm not saying they aren't good bikes I had one back in 2011 and it was good for 85 odd mph but it's still a 125 with at best 12 BHP

The OP is reporting an intermittent fault not a general lack of performance .

Checked it over today and found the battery wires were coming loose. Most likely due to the vibration. Seems to run fine now but I’ll need to keep a closer eye on things. Thanks everyone for your help!

Excellent, glad you sorted it .