Wavey Davey Harleyson

fastbob

I believe I am now in a better position to shed a little light on an issue that appears here from time to time . Why don't Harley Davidson riders wave back ? Well I can give you one reason. Because at anything over 70 mph it's bloody dangerous to let go of the left handle bar, that's why . I'm already pulling back on the bars slightly at slow speeds but at faster speeds letting go feels like your not in control at all .The rock hard suspension doesn't encourage one handed riding either because you could be jolted out of the seat at any moment . So contrary to the image of the Harley rider casually cruising with one hand on the bars , it's not such a good idea . And while I'm at it , there's a good reason why Harley , or at least Sportster riders , don't flash their lights as well . There's no flasher switch !

Doesn't stop the head nod tho...

Sounds like my Suzuki Jimny, terrifying at anything over 60 haha, that's why I bought it tho tbh... To slow me down, then I bought a ninja doh.

Guest Richzx6r

Nah I think we should brand him with the same contempt as every other Harley rider :popcorn: :tumble: ........

Nah only joking Bob I'm sure we can let you off this time

I believe I am now in a better position to shed a little light on an issue that appears here from time to time . Why don't Harley Davidson riders wave back ? Well I can give you one reason. Because at anything over 70 mph it's bloody dangerous to let go of the left handle bar, that's why . I'm already pulling back on the bars slightly at slow speeds but at faster speeds letting go feels like your not in control at all .The rock hard suspension doesn't encourage one handed riding either because you could be jolted out of the seat at any moment . So contrary to the image of the Harley rider casually cruising with one hand on the bars , it's not such a good idea . And while I'm at it , there's a good reason why Harley , or at least Sportster riders , don't flash their lights as well . There's no flasher switch !

And thus begins the well trodden path of trying to make a Harley handle, brake & otherwise perform as well as any other bike built since 1960.

And thus begins the well trodden path of trying to make a Harley handle, brake & otherwise perform as well as any other bike built since 1960.

Nah , can't be bothered. I knew what I was getting into and I'll learn to live with it.......for now 😉 Actually the brakes are much better than I was led to expect but I do have twin discs up front .

Edited by fastbob

Guest Richzx6r

Nah , can't be bothered. I knew what I was getting into and I'll learn to live with it.......for now 😉

But how long do you think you can live with it?

Nah , can't be bothered. I knew what I was getting into and I'll learn to live with it.......for now 😉

Years , I can't get enough of riding it . The fun far outweighs the shortcomings .

Guest Richzx6r

Years , I can't get enough of riding it . The fun far outweighs the shortcomings .

But they don't go round corners.....

But they don't go round corners.....

I suppose if you repeat it to yourself enough times you'll start to believe it. I love the way this bike corners . It's just different that's all . I can't speak for Harleys in general because I haven't ridden that many but the Roadster corners well enough for me .

Made me chuckle ....

I believe that there is also an online gift company who , for a fee , will send a gift if you forget her birthday/ anniversary and falsify the dates as well as take the blame for a late delivery .