Nob of the Day.......

Tango

Nob of the day goes to the woman in a red hatchback that seemed oblivious to the ambulance that was behind her...

This story reminds me of a case we had in NL some time ago.

Nob of the day was to me the judge when he decided 'guilty'...

A man stopped for a red traffic light.

An ambulance came up from behind, 'screaming and flashing'.

The good man made way by pulling up a few meters.

That's when the camera 'got' him...

In court, the judge told the man that he was not allowed to 'make way for an ambulance' if it meant violating some f...ng traffic rule.

Better to let someone die then to jump a red light ? :scratch:

Same is true if you pull into a bus lane to let them past. The theory is that you're meant to let them work out a route rather than changing your position on the road. But you'd think some common sense could prevail in the traffic lights situation!

Guest Richzx6r

Nob of the day goes to the woman in a red hatchback that seemed oblivious to the ambulance that was behind her...

This story reminds me of a case we had in NL some time ago.

Nob of the day was to me the judge when he decided 'guilty'...

A man stopped for a red traffic light.

An ambulance came up from behind, 'screaming and flashing'.

The good man made way by pulling up a few meters.

That's when the camera 'got' him...

In court, the judge told the man that he was not allowed to 'make way for an ambulance' if it meant violating some f...ng traffic rule.

Better to let someone die then to jump a red light ? :scratch:

Same is true if you pull into a bus lane to let them past. The theory is that you're meant to let them work out a route rather than changing your position on the road. But you'd think some common sense could prevail in the traffic lights situation!

Are you trying to say the justice system has or could know what common sense is??

I too have my Nissan up for sale on Ebay and some twat messages me asking if I'd accept £250 for it so I called him a joker if he thinks I'll take that for it

Yeh bit generous of him :D

Guest Richzx6r

Mine goes to......the copper in his little astra cop car who was doing 35mph in a 30 then at the last moment turned left in to a side street without indicating I did think about turning left where he had and pulling him over but don't know where that would have got me....

And the other one in the same village on the return journey the woman in a white Nissan micra who was emerging from a junction and decided would only look left before deeming everything clear to drive out, I'm approaching from her right and when I see shes not looking I give a quick toot of the horn which shits her up pretty good.....maybe in future she will look both ways

Mine goes to......the copper in his little astra cop car who was doing 35mph in a 30 then at the last moment turned left in to a side street without indicating I did think about turning left where he had and pulling him over but don't know where that would have got me....

And the other one in the same village on the return journey the woman in a white Nissan micra who was emerging from a junction and decided would only look left before deeming everything clear to drive out, I'm approaching from her right and when I see shes not looking I give a quick toot of the horn which shits her up pretty good.....maybe in future she will look both ways

1. Personally, I wouldn't recommend calling out a plod on a dangerous manoeuvre. If you do, be very polite, friendly and smiley, and make sure you have a camera running, cos while Joe public could get a strop on and swear a bit, a butt-hurt plod could cause all kinds of grief (delays, person check, vehicle check, false counter accusations, searches, arrest etc). It sounds ludicrous, but some plods behave like God's that are above the law or criticism from us lot.

2. Sadly, that's the way an awful lot of cagers drive nowadays, and they seem to be getting worse. They either don't look at all, or look,make eye contact and pull out anyway.

Guest Richzx6r

1. Personally, I wouldn't recommend calling out a plod on a dangerous manoeuvre. If you do, be very polite, friendly and smiley, and make sure you have a camera running, cos while Joe public could get a strop on and swear a bit, a butt-hurt plod could cause all kinds of grief (delays, person check, vehicle check, false counter accusations, searches, arrest etc). It sounds ludicrous, but some plods behave like God's that are above the law or criticism from us lot.

2. Sadly, that's the way an awful lot of cagers drive nowadays, and they seem to be getting worse. They either don't look at all, or look,make eye contact and pull out anyway.

Yeah that's what I was thinking with the plod.....just boils my blood that if it had been the other way around I would probably have been done for dangerous driving and yea I agree with the statement about cagers.....it is getting worse.

Also I don't know why but theres been a hell of alot of youngsters riding around without helmets around here...is it no helmet day or something??

Also I don't know why but theres been a hell of alot of youngsters riding around without helmets around here...is it no helmet day or something??

Underage, stolen, no tax/mot/insurance. Most likely

Darwin award nominees.

On the way home I was overtaking someone on A11 when a power ranger on a 68 plate something came up behind me and stuck on my rear nearside.

I couldn't move back in anyway as the guy was so close but that didn't matter as he zipped up the inside moments after I passed the car I was overtaking and gave me the w**ker sign.

These nobs give us a bad name. I wouldn't have cared if he'd just buggered off because we all do it but the insult was uncalled for. The audacity of it!

One of these 2 in a war of words appearing on local FB Group looking forward to developments...

Person A:

To the newbies riding round on 125 motorbike crosser's (often 3 of them) in the Lymington/ Pennington Area (if you know them can you pass on some advice).

Nice to see you out and about but do yourselves a favour.

Sit back keep your distance from the car in front:

1) 4 wheels out breaks 2 wheels every time,

2) Close behind a car you are not visible, cars look for gaps in traffic not motorcycles,

3) If your looking to over take, better views 125 do not have masses of acceleration you need the space to get some speed.

4) Remember the cars are out to kill you will survive longer (they are not they just don't look to see you),

Ride safe....

Person B:

I love the cause for concern here but point No 1 needs some attention, I can understand in CERTAIN circumstances a car may be able to stop quicker but if you look up " can a motorcycle brake faster then a car" you may be in for a suprise 😁 If you don't ride a motorcycle you will never know, 125 learner riders do ride stupidly CORRECT but you really need to know your FACTS👌👌 It also states in No 2 that bikes are not visible, if u don't have a rear view mirror and you have tinted windows OR you are inconsiderate maybe your rom the older generation, as a biker unfortunately you don't really stand a chance hents the LOUDS PIPES because loud pipes save lives 👌👌👌in traffic a car should be sat in a que waiting for traffic flow not trying to merge in to get home quicker, if there is a clear space with no bikes around sure take it, but otherwise because of your size there nothing u can really do but sit there, on the other hand it is NOT illegal to filter through as a bike is a much more smaller machine witch is more then capable of doing so with causing and major causes for concern. Everyone's going the same way it's only takes one stupid impatient car to knock a bike off👌 Cars should look out for bikes more as we are more vulnerable much like how perdestians and cyclists come before a car 👌👌 happy days people #RIDESAFE

Person A:

Bobby

Lets start with I did not say they where riding stupidly, I offered some helpfull advice.

1) I did google:

https://motorbikewriter.com/motorcycles-brake-better-cars/

"In fact, some suggest that a standard car (whatever that is) and a standard motorcycle have about the same braking force of about 1g.

But to extract 1g of braking force from a motorcycle, a rider needs to be highly skilled."

I know I don't and I doubt they ride round with the skills of Valentino Rossi or Guy Martin.

Remember if you drop your bike the other driver will claim its your loss of control of vehicle that will be the reason for the incident.

2) I was not thinking about the car in front who if faced with an unexpected hazard will brake hard regardless (typically its decided your behind its your fault, if you hit the car in front). I was thinking of cars pulling out of side roads, pedestrians etc

The facts about car drivers not looking for bikes are well known:

https://www.psychologicalscience.org/.../motorcycles-are...

Cars just don't think to look for bikes and are keen to get on with there journey it only takes them a second off inattention to put you in a whole world of pain... regardless of who's fault it is.

With regard to loud pipes: I have and still do a fair mileage on a bike from time to time leaving at unsocial hours (as youngsters will) so choose not to have loud pipes not to annoy the neighbours. I certainly do not rely on them for my safety, IMHO most don't hear them until to late.

I fully agree filtering is entirely legal and something I am quite happy to do without loudpipes. Even though many locally do seem to dislike the practice of filtering (or even motorbikes :( ), a reason for extra caution..

If those concerned are even reading this or for yourself if you fancy some further reading Road Craft is a worthy read.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=roadcraft%20motorcycle...

For those that just want pure speed is a worthy read:

A Twist of the Wrist

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Twist-Wrist.../dp/0965045013, [media][/media]

There is also a video that can often be found in full with full sound with a bit of googling: "twist of the wrist 2" I did post a link but I don't think FD liked :/

Yes its cheesy but it does cover allot of riding skills.... Just use them safely on the road they are aimed at the track ;)

Be safe enjoy your bikes....

I fear that I am the nob, reading the whole stupid discussion... :shock:

As if I don't have anything better to do on a tuesday evening... :roll:

But there's hope for me still.

I did not read the links... :lol:

:mrgreen:

I used to help people with fixing bikes. I only stopped as you got the odd character who took advantage and wanted the world. So I began only helping those I was friends with. The below is a recent example of why I'm hesitant.

A year ago, I serviced a bike to make it roadworthy. The owner just wanted the urgent bits doing, the brake calipers and tyres. I warned the bike needed quite a lot doing to it due to its lack of history, and suggested quite a comprehensive service. As they had just bought the bike they were tight on funds, so didn't go ahead, but they worried about the reliability of the bike.

I assured an old bike was fine as long as it was well maintained, which it would be by me if I serviced it. A big winter service was planned but never happened. Not worked on the bike in 6 months, not seen it in a good 3.

Found out this week they blamed their chain being bone dry, and their oil level being low on me. And also implied I'd said their bike was "well maintained".

In other words, they haven't done the most basic of checks in months, and blamed the last guy that did work on it for them :|

I used to help people with fixing bikes. I only stopped as you got the odd character who took advantage and wanted the world. So I began only helping those I was friends with. The below is a recent example of why I'm hesitant.

A year ago, I serviced a bike to make it roadworthy. The owner just wanted the urgent bits doing, the brake calipers and tyres. I warned the bike needed quite a lot doing to it due to its lack of history, and suggested quite a comprehensive service. As they had just bought the bike they were tight on funds, so didn't go ahead, but they worried about the reliability of the bike.

I assured an old bike was fine as long as it was well maintained, which it would be by me if I serviced it. A big winter service was planned but never happened. Not worked on the bike in 6 months, not seen it in a good 3.

Found out this week they blamed their chain being bone dry, and their oil level being low on me. And also implied I'd said their bike was "well maintained".

In other words, they haven't done the most basic of checks in months, and blamed the last guy that did work on it for them :|

There's always someone willing to take the piss. Just looking after your own and close friends sounds a good plan.

Our cars have filler caps on opposite sides and I can never remember which is which.

Pull into a petrol station today. Go left, no go right, no it's left.

Look down. I'm on a bike :oops:

hint for car

look at fuel guage 99% have an arrow or 99% the pump icon denotes by which side the nozzle is on

nintchdbpict000307480522.jpg.ba811cb595c054f80c738bb2fdb60385.jpg

... look at fuel guage 99% have an arrow or 99% the pump icon denotes by which side the nozzle is on

No...! :eek2:

Well, I'll be...! :scratch:

51 years a driving license...

25 years a driving instructor certificate...

... and I just did not know ! :shock:

Brilliant... :oops:

Who is a nob now ?

I ask you, WHO IS A NOB ???

:roll:

Our cars have filler caps on opposite sides and I can never remember which is which.

hint for car

look at fuel guage 99% have an arrow or 99% the pump icon denotes by which side the nozzle is on

Sadly not my Nissan X Trail, or misses 307 and fall into 1% my solution pull the remote cap release on the way into station and look in my mirrors which side!

hint for car

nintchdbpict000307480522.jpg

I will now add that the fuel pump nozzle system seems to have stopped being used and a standard icon is across the board ... but the arrow system is there ..

The old xtrail had arrow icon ..

Me again - i scraped my new car in a multistory carpark in manchester. the only saving grace is the scratch is right at the bottom on the edge, so not really noticable (unless you know its there) Bad news is its over two panels so not sure whether thats two jobs or not if i want it respraying (tecnically, three, but i can get away with that one)

Bah