Spada bike gear - Good or Bad?

I have been looking for some leathers for over the summer and you wouldn't believe how hard it is to get a plain black suit, in my price range, that I like.

After trawling through loads of websites I have come across a Spada 2 piece suit that I like the look of. The only thing is, it seems to be really cheap for what it is. When most other suits are about £350+ this one is selling for £260.

Usually you get what you pay for, so I was wondering if Spada is a decent brand or if they are to biking gear what Gola is to trainers i.e. a well known brand that is cheap and nasty.

Do any of you guys or girls have any Spada gear and how do you rate it?

I know it's probably not going to be as good as a £400+ Alpinestars suit but how much are you paying for the name whan buying big brands like this? I am prepared to pay the extra money, if it's the right thing to do.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Check out RST, or Richa, I`m a bit of a black freak myselfe, Black bike, black helmet black leathers (ghost rider :lol: ). Richa do some good plain stuff thats well made and reasonably priced.

I have a spada textile jacket and spada summer gloves and I cant fault them for quality!

The jacket is worn a hell of a lot in all weathers and the only thing that is faulty after 3 years is one of the press studs.

I will be buying some spada boots at the endof this month as they are the most comfatable and best fit of the ones I've tried and that is before the fact that they are half the price.

Yes you may get what you pay for but comfort is a real consideration.

However I dont have there leathers but wouldnt baulk at buying some.

Thanks for the info guys.

I will check out some Richa gear aswell. I have already looked at RST and some of their gear is quite good but there is always a little something that puts me off. Mabey I just need to stop being so fussy. :lol:

like techno, i don't have spada leathers but i have a set of textiles and they're brilliant.

when i bought them i had a problem with the trousers - fault in manufacturing - but that was sorted out with no messing by feridax, spada suppliers. they replaced the faulty pair with new. it may be a cheaper range but i found the back up excellent and the quality top notch on my jacket and the replacement trousers.

and my brother and his girlfriend have just bought spada textiles on my recommend and love them.

can't see quality or supplier back up being any different with leathers

hth :)

Ive got Spada Force II winter gloves and theyre awesome. All good reviews and rated number 1 for warmth and waterproof by a few magazines.

Cant be a bad brand if all of the above posts are true....Quality!

Cant be a bad brand if all of the above posts are true....Quality!

Thats what I'm starting to think.

After taking nman1's advice I have looked at some Richa gear and have found a jacket and trousers that I like. So I have a different dilemma now, what set do I go for?!?!? :lol:

I think I will take Techno's advice about comfort. I will see if I can find them in a local shop and go and try them on, whatever one fits best is the one I'll buy.

Thanks for the replies folks :cheers:

I got to try on a few different suits and decided on a Richa jacket and trousers. They were a bit more expensive but were the most comfortable ones that I tried. At least now I know that Spada gear is decent, as long as your not a label freak. :lol:

Which ones did you opt for then Scott.

It was the Richa Trojan jacket and trousers I went for in the end.

I didn't get them from this website but it lets you see what I got.

http://www.thebikerstore.co.uk/Richa-Tr ... AKV6A.aspx

http://www.thebikerstore.co.uk/Richa-Tr ... AKY11.aspx

The only downside is the back protector in the jacket. It's not that great, but it will do for now. At some point I will buy a separate back protector and take that one out.

• 10 years later...

Hi,

I use Spada gear exclusively, and have found it to be well made, waterproof and reasonably priced. Have a Stelvio oversuit and boots, Latour gloves, an SP16 Helmet, and use Chill Factor 2 base layers, as I ride all year round. I'm not a fashion victim though, and I'm not sponsored by Spada either, I pay for all my gear.

I think it's great stuff if you don't want to blow a stack of cash on your gear, but still want to be well protected. You also get a 2 year warranty with all their products, so they must be fairly confident about the quality of the gear they make.

I came off an R1 at 60mph round a bend and my spada predator jacket was excellent. I've used leather repair and it's good as new other than the spada badges being scratched.

It's lovely flexible leather too, sooo underated imho.