Pulled over last weekend and snapped this pic...

I’ve been lucky enough to travel a lot with work and taken in many sights including Big Sur and Great Ocean Road and I lived in S.E.France at the bottom of the Alps for a couple of years, but frankly there’s nothing I can think of that’s better than the Bealach na Bà and the view down the valley as you come over from Applecross.

Scotland wins at scenery.

http://a65.tinypic.com/2hgbofs.jpg

The only time I've been over there it was peeing down with rain on the lower parts. It stopped raining higher up but only because we had got above the rain line into the cloud, so visibility was then about 5m.

I must go back some day when the weather's like that.

Stunning. I plan on doing the NC500 at some point. Hopefully this year. Look forward to the views and getting lost on purpose.

I recently did the ride through the heart of the North York moors and even something as simple as hilly moorland I found stunning in comparison to my normal city commute. and good roads too.