What to do with a bike you don't need?

ApolloMozart

I was left a bike (CBF125, 2009 reg, 13000 miles or so) and I don't know what do to with. Have all the papers for it.

The bike was stolen then recovered a short while after, and had some plastics and parts replaced. Ended up with three different locks, the steering lock does not lock left side, only right side.

MOT valid till August, tax is still being paid monthly...

I have looked online, a newer bike can be had for £800. If I were to sell "my" bike I'll probably have to ask much lower, given the three different keys you need for it and the broken steering lock. Not really keen to spend much time seeing prospective buyers who just waste time.

What you'd suggest doing?

UPD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN HAVING A CHEAP 125, PLEASE GET IN TOUCH!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by ApolloMozart

It is strange there are three keys I must say. My 125 was a cat D due to being recovered (we presume, there were large scratch marks around the ignition barrel and the barrel itself was loose, plus the steering lock wasnt working until we fixed it all) but it had two matching keys.

Is one for the new ignition, one to open the pillion seat and then one for ?? or something?

It is strange there are three keys I must say. My 125 was a cat D due to being recovered (we presume, there were large scratch marks around the ignition barrel and the barrel itself was loose, plus the steering lock wasnt working until we fixed it all) but it had two matching keys.

Is one for the new ignition, one to open the pillion seat and then one for ?? or something?

fuel cap? :lol:

fuel cap? :lol:

Lol, YES! Although that one and the pillion seat would match? Unless the tank damage was severe? In which case it possibly would have been deemed a write off, maybe?

Regarding the three keys - yes ignition, seat and fuel tank have each a different key!

The bastardin0s who stole the bike broke the fuel tank and the cap with something flat, like a massive screwdriver. The cap was not closing properly so had to be replaced, alongside the fuel tank!

There has been a bid of £500 outside the forum.

Link to the thread from the time bike was stolen... https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61888

Guest Richzx6r

Regarding the three keys - yes ignition, seat and fuel tank have each a different key!

The bastardin0s who stole the bike broke the fuel tank and the cap with something flat, like a massive screwdriver. The cap was not closing properly so had to be replaced, alongside the fuel tank!

There has been a bid of £500 outside the forum.

Link to the thread from the time bike was stolen... https://www.themotorbikeforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61888

Hopefully karma has caught up with the scrotes who nicked it.....