First Track Day Advice?

Guest Richzx6r

An open mind and don't set yourself goals apart from to relax and enjoy yourself and don't try and ride too fast too soon there are a few places at oulton park that cant catch you out and drop the tyre pressure front and rear by around 3 or 4 psi as running road pressure you will really be up at 45 rear very easily if it's a hot day.

But yeah main thing is to just enjoy your day

Guest Richzx6r

Nice one ta bro so usually run 36 front 42 rear wil say 33 front 39 rear

You should be ok with them pressures but as said if its really hot and you are wanting to push on abit after getting up your confidence then take another couple of psi out of the front and rear

I think you have to have one piece set of leathers, no jacket and seperate trousers , not 100% sure but as I remember a mate couldn't do one cause he had a two piece on .

What bike? (only acceptable answer = gixxer thou)

Édit: err it's in the sig obv!! Ah well. Why are you on such a slow bike? That'll be no fun :P

Guest Richzx6r

2 piece leathers are fine so long as they zip up fully, who are you doing the track day with and I guess you have gone in to the novice group?

Try not to bin it during the sighting laps. I don't know how this is possible but at the last one I did there were at least 2 that came off, the pace was set, behind staff at 50-60mph.

Watch out for loonies on bandit 1200s that dont know the basics of a racing line. OK that only happened once. First lap of the session proper they went off the track because they took a right hander from the right of the track, saved it mind.

Overtaking on corners (since you're on a measly commuter bike and won't be pulling past em on the back straight):

Careful overtaking on the inside, you arent meant to stuff em!

Careful overtaking on the outside, unpredictably they might panic and run out wide.

Watch out for gixxer thous, they're all current racers doing a bit of testing on the side.

8-)

It's a right larf.

😂 Commuting bike, damn if thats the purpose of it then im not useing it right haha, will make sure to take pics of gsxrs with a rear facing camera... Wont need a front one for em... 😉 Just need track to finish me chicken strips

20180926_185503.thumb.jpg.be05a9bf2890a08f880ae8e01ecf063b.jpg

20190504_183107.thumb.jpg.a56945a71abbc884b20f89775a9b08a2.jpg

Oulton Park 4th June, any advice on what to take apart from meself, bike and leathers ofc 😁

Helmet.

Really though, Acu gold probably - check their requirements.

Guest Richzx6r

😂 Commuting bike, damn if thats the purpose of it then im not useing it right haha, will make sure to take pics of gsxrs with a rear facing camera... Wont need a front one for em... 😉 Just need track to finish me chicken strips

Also don't push getting your knees down it will come with time and practice

I'd drop your tyre pressures considerably from 36/42, last one I ran 32/30, main thing is take your time and get to learn the track, don't feel you need to prove anything, if you're in the novice group and you do feel like you're getting held up, ask to move up to the inters, most importantly stay safe :thumb: .