BMW R1250gs Adventure Rallye HP

The GOAT

For various reason I thought euro touring was not going to happen for a few years due to work/family/time commitments.

I sold my GSA after 2 tours and enjoyed every minute of it, apart from the weight which is not a biggie unless you have to push it back its fine.

So I bought the HP4 to mill around on as you do, I always loved the look of this beast and get loads of attention which I not sure it I like, anyways I popped into the local BMW dealership after my Volvo had a moment and saw the new 1250's up close and apparently all the addons are now standard like riding modes, tft, nav prep, cornering abs, hill start etc..

It's about the engine apparently with shift cam technology, I don't give two shits tbh as long as it sound like a boxer does.

New addon are SOS emergency calling so if the bike crashes for falls over an operator will speak to you, if you don't respond after a few attempts then they send out the emergency services. No bad thing really unless you drop the bike accidentally and with adrenaline rushing around you don't pay attention to what's going on?

Now if I think back my last fully kitted out GSA cost 18+ grand, I think the newer ones are sniffing 22k fully loaded?? That's ludicrous but supply and demand I guess and if Ewan and Chaz do their thing again on these then pfff.

The one in particular the caught my eye was the R1250gs Adventure with the HP billet pack and shit the bed it's a looker.

47790594981_c9b1f7d27d_c.jpg

more info on tarty bling here: https://www.bahnstormer.co.uk/bmw-r-1250-gs-rallye-te-shp-billet-pack-s/

I am tempted and will make a decision soon, I don't think any other bike appeals to me, that being said some good offers out there like Honda's 0% finance compared to BMW's 9.9%

Edited by The GOAT

sharp isn't he.

£22,000 is a little under DOUBLE what I paid for my bike, which itself is apparently the top of the range. I know there is no comparison. but even so....

I knew there was a reason I got off the BMW bandwagon...

Guest Richzx6r

For various reason I thought euro touring was not going to happen for a few years due to work/family/time commitments.

I sold my GSA after 2 tours and enjoyed every minute of it, apart from the weight which is not a biggie unless you have to push it back its fine.

So I bought the HP4 to mill around on as you do, I always loved the look of this beast and get loads of attention which I not sure it I like, anyways I popped into the local BMW dealership after my Volvo had a moment and saw the new 1250's up close and apparently all the addons are now standard like riding modes, tft, nav prep, cornering abs, hill start etc..

It's about the engine apparently with shift cam technology, I don't give two shits tbh as long as it sound like a boxer does.

New addon are SOS emergency calling so if the bike crashes for falls over an operator will speak to you, if you don't respond after a few attempts then they send out the emergency services. No bad thing really unless you drop the bike accidentally and with adrenaline rushing around you don't pay attention to what's going on?

Now if I think back my last fully kitted out GSA cost 18+ grand, I think the newer ones are sniffing 22k fully loaded?? That's ludicrous but supply and demand I guess and if Ewan and Chaz do their thing again on these then pfff.

The one in particular the caught my eye was the R1250gs Adventure with the HP billet pack and shit the bed it's a looker.

47790594981_c9b1f7d27d_c.jpg

more info on tarty bling here: https://www.bahnstormer.co.uk/bmw-r-1250-gs-rallye-te-shp-billet-pack-s/

I am tempted and will make a decision soon, I don't think any other bike appeals to me, that being said some good offers out there like Honda's 0% finance compared to BMW's 9.9%

It's bad when at 33 years old its looking appealing.......

I was sat on one at the NEC and the guy was showing me all the toys!

It was impressive but 22k hmmm yeah I will pass

Only because I can't afford one :lol:

Guest Richzx6r

Yea there's no way I'd be able to afford one but I don't know its something about the adventure bikes that are beginning to appeal to me, the missus has banned me from getting one though as she considers them too much of an old mans bike :scratch:

Why is that bad.. you probably like sportsbikes and even though it 'looks' like an Adventure bike.. thats just a label. Its a sportsbike in disguise. just one that doesnt care much about weight. or road surfaces.. or anything much really.

the thing to do is never.. absolutely never have a go on one.. either this or one of its predecessors.

just dont.

This all started because this fella just sat on my old 1100.. once. he didn't even ride it. he just sat on it.

and now look at him.

sharp isn't he.

£22,000 is a little under DOUBLE what I paid for my bike, which itself is apparently the top of the range. I know there is no comparison. but even so....

I knew there was a reason I got off the BMW bandwagon...

Prices are stupid on most top end bikes.

2008 big bang R1 cost a back in the day hefty £8,000, mine in 2013 cost £12,000 that's enough already now they are pushing £19k?

I think GS's have always commanded a premium, I just hope build quality has improved.

How Honda keep them prices low is amazing at this time.

After years of Yamaha's i've got the beemer bug I guess.

Guest Richzx6r

Why is that bad.. you probably like sportsbikes and even though it 'looks' like an Adventure bike.. thats just a label. Its a sportsbike in disguise. just one that doesnt care much about weight. or road surfaces.. or anything much really.

the thing to do is never.. absolutely never have a go on one.. either this or one of its predecessors.

just dont.

This all started because this fella just sat on my old 1100.. once. he didn't even ride it. he just sat on it.

and now look at him.

So why shouldn't I have a go on one?? I have tested a tiger 1200 which I liked

Yea there's no way I'd be able to afford one but I don't know its something about the adventure bikes that are beginning to appeal to me, the missus has banned me from getting one though as she considers them too much of an old mans bike :scratch:

The day my Mrs tells me I'm not allowed to get a bike would be the day she trips at the top of the stairs and has a Nasty fall .

Edited by Six30

The day my Mrs told me I'm not allowed to get a bike would be the day she trips at the top of the stairs and has a Nasty fall .

My ex wife told me I can't have another bike! I bought another bike and that's when the divorce started :D

The day my Mrs told me I'm not allowed to get a bike would be the day she trips at the top of the stairs and has a Nasty fall .

My ex wife told me I can't have another bike! I bought another bike and that's when the divorce started :D

Good choice anyway, not even new wife can bring so much excitement as new bike

Guest Richzx6r

Well at least shes not like my brothers wife who made him give up bikes completely.....my wife just likes sports bikes

I love the coloured frames on bikes. Totally sets off the look in my eyes. As much as I would love a boxer, the price (both initially and on going costs) but me right off. Oh, and the horrendous chrome exhaust... why would you put chrome on an adventure bike :scratch:

It’s just like the 2019 Versys 1K. It’s got a few more bells and whistles on the previous model (2017- 2018) I have the 2017.

The new bit are cruise control and active suspension and then some restyling. I really like it and my PCP term is up next year. The problem is, it’s knocking on the door of £15000. It’s out priced me unfortunately. I don’t think I fancy anything else on the market at the minute or even in a years time, so I got a loan and paid the agreement off, saved a few hundred ££. I’ll keep it for a few years and then see what’s out there.

Bike prices seem to be escalating fast though!

If you can afford it and want one get it, you're a long time dead, get out there and enjoy yourself whilst you can. You can always sell it/hand it back and get out of the finance if needs be.

I love the coloured frames on bikes. Totally sets off the look in my eyes. As much as I would love a boxer, the price (both initially and on going costs) but me right off. Oh, and the horrendous chrome exhaust... why would you put chrome on an adventure bike :scratch:

I wouldn't own one out of warranty it would be like owning a range rover :shock:

Nice that they do 3 years warranty now though.

As for the chrome I agree utter gash.

why would you put chrome on an adventure bike :scratch:

Thats easy. They finally woke up to the fact that not everyone likes the golden colour the pipes turn over time. Never bothered me.. but every edition of the bike, every single year since the first G/S in 1980 has generated a chorus of complaints about the exhaust. And the eternal question: How do I make my pipes silver again? So, chrome instead of stainless steel.. blame the owners. they wanted it.

it only took nearly 40 years. to fix this imaginary problem.

Bollox :mrgreen: Deposit placed!

I'll see when the build date is before making the decision about the HP4, keep or move on.

It's almost prepped for touring so hoping i'll not lose out on the bits i've bought for it.

I went for the billet pack, it looks so nice and tarty

https://www.bahnstormer.co.uk/bmw-r-1250-gs-rallye-te-shp-billet-pack-s/

Any idea on a date yet? Is it before September? :D

How many miles on the HP4?

HP4 has 6000 miles, if I tour on it id stick say 2,000 miles on it?

The chap said about 8 weeks? I hope that's the case as it will need to 600 miles to run in blah blah.

How's the NC30 doing? Does it still live?

Guest Richzx6r

Bollox :mrgreen: Deposit placed!

I'll see when the build date is before making the decision about the HP4, keep or move on.

It's almost prepped for touring so hoping i'll not lose out on the bits i've bought for it.

I went for the billet pack, it looks so nice and tarty

https://www.bahnstormer.co.uk/bmw-r-1250-gs-rallye-te-shp-billet-pack-s/

£19,520 on a bike :| wow is it really worth all that money??

Guest Richzx6r

yes that is serious money but like the man said you cant take it with you :|

There is that I get that but almost 20k on a bike......you could buy 3 or 4 and insure them for less