Picking usernames

Guest Richzx6r

When I joined my usual username was taken, though I can't find anyone on here using it. Then it kind of went wrong and rejected everything I tried, even totally random stuff.

Haaa this happened to me. Was on mobile and it obviously stuck on the error page. After trying "normal" things went for Hoggs (riff on my surname) and refreshed the page... and then it worked. oh well been called much worse

I thought it as cause you look like Boss Hogg...

image.jpeg.266dae7ca4b0df4b10477fae646b5553.jpeg

Guest Richzx6r

I'll get you a g&t then....can't break with tradition

Hah, I think it's about the only downside to my name, people assuming I like that damned drink!

I'd much rather a vodbull, fruit cider or tequila if people really want to go straight for the spirits. :lol:

Even in my working life I'm Gin, though on CV and LinkedIn I tend to put Ginny just it's not such a shock for those who aren't used to unconventional names. :roll:

Agreed you can't beat cider

Started working with a new lad a few years ago (still works at our place but rarely see each other) and he must of had the weakest bladder in the world always wanting to stop at the services on the motorway and most mornings he would nip into Greggs too, when asked what I wanted the first couple of time I said I’ll just have one of them sausage, cheese and bean pasties. I never had to ask for one again they used to just come for free (I can only assume for the inconvenience of me having to stop) then one day he just blurts out you eat so much of them I’m going to start calling you bean! Obviously I laughed and said I’ve not actually asked for one for weeks I just eat them or save them for dinner. Word got around the other lads and this developed from bean to beansie and has stuck ever since. Loads of lads have come and gone and never even called me by my real name but the majority of them don’t even know why. So like it or not I’m stuck with my first ever nickname... after a pasty!

When I was 16 my mate and I managed to blag our way to our local pub- slow night, friendly bouncer, you know). We got chatting to this milf and after a few minutes talking it turns out she had a kid in our year at school! We hadn't let on that we were only 16 so we kept it quie and talked about sports, and our (weekend) jobs etc. She was steaming drunk and clearly up for it. My mate and she shared a cab back to hers and I made my merry way home. In the morning he and I met at a greasy spoon and he told me (before the day of mobiles of course) that they were just about to get down to it when she noticed that he had odd socks on which really weirded her out and she started saying he's too young for her and that. He reckons that she came to her sense about his age and just picked on his socks for a reason not to do the deed. So, gentlemen (and ladies), always wear matching socks.

Anyway, enough of that. My nickname has always been Geofferz so... yeah.

Guest Richzx6r

When I was 16 my mate and I managed to blag our way to our local pub- slow night, friendly bouncer, you know). We got chatting to this milf and after a few minutes talking it turns out she had a kid in our year at school! We hadn't let on that we were only 16 so we kept it quie and talked about sports, and our (weekend) jobs etc. She was steaming drunk and clearly up for it. My mate and she shared a cab back to hers and I made my merry way home. In the morning he and I met at a greasy spoon and he told me (before the day of mobiles of course) that they were just about to get down to it when she noticed that he had odd socks on which really weirded her out and she started saying he's too young for her and that. He reckons that she came to her sense about his age and just picked on his socks for a reason not to do the deed. So, gentlemen (and ladies), always wear matching socks.

Anyway, enough of that. My nickname has always been Geofferz so... yeah.

Well my days of gallivanting and chasing the female species are well and truly over and have been for 12 nearly 13 years so I don't have to worry about odd socks

When I first joined a biker forum some ten years ago, the majority of members were quite young and many had just started riding bikes as a hobby (only in sunny weather).

Or they were men in their midlife-crisis who started riding after 45 orso, also as a hobby.

Just a few daily users there though...

Being not so young anymore and having had motorbikes for my daily commute (summer and winter, rain or shine) my whole life, I picked a name that would reflect my 'seniority' so to speak.

But a bit humour and some selfmockery wouldn't hurt, hence Old-timer.

I decided to put the hyphen in, so I would not be confused with classic cars or bikes... :roll:

When I joined Facebook a while ago, I wanted to be called Old Timer there too.

This name was not accepted though.

Smart*ss Facebook told me that that could not be a "real people's name" so it was rejected. :shock:

I then decided to change it in 'wouldbe ancient English': Auld Tymer.

Facebook accepted, so that's my name in Facebook.

I'd say 1-0 for Old-timer... :D

I now regret that I did not think of that name before though.

I like 'Auld Tymer' a lot, but it's hard (if not impossible) to have your name changed in forums.

My real name is Huib Bos.

Huib is short for Huibert (which is the Dutch version of the English, German, French Hubert).

Bos is Dutch for woods or forest.

Regards,

Old-timer, aka Auld Tymer, Huib.

8-)

My name is Rob and I used to have quite a fast bike but I mostly rode it quite sensibly . Inspired by a former forum member called Slowbusa , who apparently rode very fast indeed , I decided that Fastbob had a certain irony to it . Of course I've now gone and got a Harley so obviously I'm restricted to chugging around at forty miles an hour to stop the big wobbly engine jumping out of the frame . And the brakes are just for decoration so I mustn't go too fast in case I have to stop it with my feet . Cornering is quite safe though because you have to stop and drag the back wheel round until it's facing in the right direction . This can be a little embarrassing when I'm wearing arseless chaps . :up:

Guest Richzx6r

My name is Rob and I used to have quite a fast bike but I mostly rode it quite sensibly . Inspired by a former forum member called Slowbusa , who apparently rode very fast indeed , I decided that Fastbob had a certain irony to it . Of course I've now gone and got a Harley so obviously I'm restricted to chugging around at forty miles an hour to stop the big wobbly engine jumping out of the frame . And the brakes are just for decoration so I mustn't go too fast anyway incase I have to stop it with my feet . Cornering is quite safe though because you have to stop and drag the back wheel round until it's facing in the right direction . This can be a little embarrassing when I'm wearing arseless chaps . :up:

Well I did say they don't stop, go or corner but hey if its something you are in to each to they're own I prefer a bike that goes round corners and stops on a pin head

When I first joined a biker forum some ten years ago, the majority of members were quite young and many had just started riding bikes as a hobby (only in sunny weather).

Or they were men in their midlife-crisis who started riding after 45 orso, also as a hobby.

Just a few daily users there though...

Being not so young anymore and having had motorbikes for my daily commute (summer and winter, rain or shine) my whole life, I picked a name that would reflect my 'seniority' so to speak.

But a bit humour and some selfmockery wouldn't hurt, hence Old-timer.

I decided to put the hyphen in, so I would not be confused with classic cars or bikes... :roll:

When I joined Facebook a while ago, I wanted to be called Old Timer there too.

This name was not accepted though.

Smart*ss Facebook told me that that could not be a "real people's name" so it was rejected. :shock:

I then decided to change it in 'wouldbe ancient English': Auld Tymer.

Facebook accepted, so that's my name in Facebook.

I'd say 1-0 for Old-timer... :D

I now regret that I did not think of that name before though.

I like 'Auld Tymer' a lot, but it's hard (if not impossible) to have your name changed in forums.

My real name is Huib Bos.

Huib is short for Huibert (which is the Dutch version of the English, German, French Hubert).

Bos is Dutch for woods or forest.

Regards,

Old-timer, aka Auld Tymer, Huib.

8-)

Just give me the nod and I can do it!! :wink:

My name is Rob and I used to have quite a fast bike but I mostly rode it quite sensibly . Inspired by a former forum member called Slowbusa , who apparently rode very fast indeed , I decided that Fastbob had a certain irony to it . Of course I've now gone and got a Harley so obviously I'm restricted to chugging around at forty miles an hour to stop the big wobbly engine jumping out of the frame . And the brakes are just for decoration so I mustn't go too fast anyway incase I have to stop it with my feet . Cornering is quite safe though because you have to stop and drag the back wheel round until it's facing in the right direction . This can be a little embarrassing when I'm wearing arseless chaps . :up:

Well I did say they don't stop, go or corner but hey if its something you are in to each to they're own I prefer a bike that goes round corners and stops on a pin head

You don't do irony do you ? You're not an American by any chance ?

Guest Richzx6r

You don't do irony do you ? You're not an American by any chance ?

Oh howdy ya'll :up:

Thanks for offering Stu, I know you can, you did so for Gin.

And I don't want to seem unappreciative, but I'd better leave it as it is.

Better to keep my nick's the same in all (biker) forums I'm a member of.

Besides, if you would change my nick too, it could cause an avalanche of requests... :shock: :D

But again, thanks...

Huib.

Guest Richzx6r

Thanks for offering Stu, I know you can, you did so for Gin.

And I don't want to seem unappreciative, but I'd better leave it as it is.

Better to keep my nick's the same in all (biker) forums I'm a member of.

Besides, if you would change my nick too, it could cause an avalanche of requests... :shock: :D

But again, thanks...

Huib.

You mean to say we don't have your total and undivided attention??

You do... you do... Of course you do... but...

It's just that I... well ahm... I... ahm... it's just that... ahm...

Well you know !

See ? :?

I've joined an American based Harley Davidson forum . The firearms section is a bit of an eye opener . There's not much mention of biscuits and hardly any of the jovial banter that makes this forum the delight that it is . Some of the tech stuff seems like the blind leading the blind too.

Edited by fastbob

Guest Richzx6r

You do... you do... Of course you do... but...

It's just that I... well ahm... I... ahm... it's just that... ahm...

Well you know !

See ? :?

:) well that's ok then

Guest Richzx6r

I've joined a Harley Davidson forum . The firearms section is a bit of an eye opener . There's not much mention of biscuits and hardly any of the jovial banter that makes this forum the delight that it is . Some of the tech stuff seems like the blind leading the blind too.

I'm guessing it's an American forum Bob? Therefore it's going to be completely blind leading the partial sighted and you won't get any mention of biscuity goodness because the fat fookers will have eaten all of them

I've joined a Harley Davidson forum . The firearms section is a bit of an eye opener . There's not much mention of biscuits and hardly any of the jovial banter that makes this forum the delight that it is . Some of the tech stuff seems like the blind leading the blind too.

I'm guessing it's an American forum Bob? Therefore it's going to be completely blind leading the partial sighted and you won't get any mention of biscuity goodness because the fat fookers will have eaten all of them

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've joined an American based Harley Davidson forum . The firearms section is a bit of an eye opener . There's not much mention of biscuits and hardly any of the jovial banter that makes this forum the delight that it is . Some of the tech stuff seems like the blind leading the blind too.

Don't tell [mention]Richzx6r[/mention], but I also joined an international BMW F650 thumper forum (USA based).

They are not as bad as the forum you mentioned, and there are members from all over the world, but it is all very serious.

Technique mainly and a bit travel perhaps, but no real chat section.

I must say though that the 'technicians' really know what they are talking about...

And their advice is really helpful, so in that sense the forum lives up to expectations.

But what I'd like in an international forum is a bit chit-chat with other 'species' sometimes.

So yeah... I like to hang out here too and witness how the UK natives kill each other (verbally).

:mrgreen:

Guest Richzx6r

Don't tell @Richzx6r, but I also joined an international BMW F650 thumper forum (USA based).

They are not as bad as the forum you mentioned, and there are members from all over the world, but it is all very serious.

Technique mainly and a bit travel perhaps, but no real chat section.

I must say though that the 'technicians' really know what they are talking about...

And their advice is really helpful, so in that sense the forum lives up to expectations.

But what I'd like in an international forum is a bit chit-chat with other 'species' sometimes.

So yeah... I like to hang out here too and witness how the UK natives kill each other (verbally).

:mrgreen:

Don't worry old-timer I'm not the forum police :thumb:

My name is Ian, surname starts with a B,birth date 25th, year 64.

Where does the co come in to it?

I put the B & Ian together and the name Bianco just evolved.

On other forums I went by the user name Iancav6; names Ian and I drove a Cavalier V6.

I’m a Mickly, always have been, always will be.

A Mickly born & bred

Although apparently my surname is Yafukkah

As in “what’d ‘yer do that for Mickly Yafukkah”