Home built alarm

Has anyone built or considered building/making their own bike alarm, i am looking at the pro's and con's of a custom made to an off the shelf system,

one advantage i have is some electronics experience, mainly to do with model railway's, having built electronic detection circuits and lighting circuits all of which are low voltage, and typically 12v, and was thinking along the lines of using latching relay's and reed switches, to set off the horn and flashing lights etc, and to switch it on/off using a simple hidden key switch, any thought's appreciated :cheers:

Guest Richzx6r

Make one that unleashes a spike up from under the seat, or that sprays acid from the dash.

Or flamethrower from the swingarm pivots

Guest Richzx6r

Make one that unleashes a spike up from under the seat, or that sprays acid from the dash.

or 50,000 volts straight up the jacksie :twisted:

Would be better if that was 50,000 amps......take them out of the gene pool completely :twisted:

Get one if these state of the art 🤣

">

Haha love it, but how the feck am i gonna fit a volvo to the bike :scratch: :lol: :thumb:

Now there's a thought I'm sure it could be done in some wierd kind of way 😂🤣

By jove i think i have cracked it :shock: , parking sensors, kits can be got for around a tenner, would be ideal as a proximity sensor, only need 4 sensors 1 for the front, 1 at the rear, and 1 on each side, some kits have a choice of sensor colour to match bodywork :thumb:

By jove i think i have cracked it :shock: , parking sensors, kits can be got for around a tenner, would be ideal as a proximity sensor, only need 4 sensors 1 for the front, 1 at the rear, and 1 on each side, some kits have a choice of sensor colour to match bodywork :thumb:

You'll have to check the current drain. I don't suppose they're made to be particularly efficient.

What about using a battery powered PIR LED light?

You could remove the LEDs and feed the base of a power transistor, that would then switch a relay, or a 555 beeper circuit. The 555 chip can be configured to do a police siren :thumb:

The battery LED lights have a small standby current but it would take some setting up against false alarms

Speaking of the 555, this is a police light I made for fun. It's got 4 high power LEDs on each side. Would look awesome on the bike :mrgreen:

">

20181121_173020.thumb.jpg.144b5a731bc38472a5aaf5f6977230f7.jpg

Errrm so much for building one :lol: , doing some internet searches i came across this https://www.motorbikealarm.co.uk/shop/ncs-c-11-talking-motorbike-alarm-and-immobiliser-system/#tab-reviews

and for the price seems ok, so i bought one :thumb:

the only downside, you need to supply bike make and model, for bespoke wiring diagram, good luck with that :lol: , but it will work on a 2 wire connection, until i can get the schematics for the full on wiring :thumb: :cheers: