Game of Thrones

Gin

Not read the thread, but in comparison to the previous seasons this has been pretty poor. Yeah the CGI is impressive etc. However, it's quite obvious the writers were not up to finishing this off properly. Rushed and bizzare, maybe it's how GRRM intended it to end but I bet he would have gotten there in a much better way.

I've just watched it… it was as I thought, disappointing.

I'm not disappointed or surprised (completely) by the endings, but completely disappointed in the execution of them.

Too rushed, too much "big dramatic CGI" moments, to much skipping in time, too much assumption of what has went on during that time, too few human moment, too few chances for us to genuinely build any sort of emotions to character or their new roles and relationships.

I'm looking forward to reading the final books.

It's not a spoiler because it's not what happened. But what should have happened to Arya is the white horse was the God of Death saying it IS today and you owe me some serious back payment. Because they seemed to completely forget that there was a whole mythical death cult that was a lot more interesting that what they decided to do which was a twee Hollywood ending.

I'm not disappointed or surprised (completely) by the endings, but completely disappointed in the execution of them.

Too rushed, too much "big dramatic CGI" moments, to much skipping in time, too much assumption of what has went on during that time, too few human moment, too few chances for us to genuinely build any sort of emotions to character or their new roles and relationships.

I do wonder if he will ever release the last two. It took 6 years to write the last.

I'm half hoping he'll use the show as the basis now, and just add improvements where it's needed, and flesh out bits that needed more explanation. Sure it's the easy way out, but it keeps the on screen and on paper stories fairly consistent.

:stupid:

Arwen, you always sum up just what I was thinking! :D

I keep remembering that HBO offered for seasons 7 & 8 to be 10 episodes a piece (and even said that if the writers needed more seasons after, they would be happy to fund it) but D&D wanted to get it done in the shorter time frame, which has led to this general feeling of Meh... :?

Everything that has happened I could see GRRM writing it, but at least with him you would Feel it coming. The analogy I've used before still stands; like being pulled with the weight of a river, and all it's currents and eddies, vs being smacked with a tidal wave in the desert.

Jon to have had made that decision himself to leave.

Edit* AND after everything jon had done up to that point, he was cast aside over killing a queen no one in the seven kingdoms really, other than the unsullied, and yara, gave a f**king shit about anyway!! She literally trashed the joint and was definitely set to f**k more shit up as she went. Though with her speaking valerian, i dont suppose anyone else would have understood those intentions til it was too late.

I read a fan write up that effectively had Jon at that last meeting too. They all start arguing and Jons name becomes the main point of contention, some stating that after all he's done he's the perfect regent and those retorting that the kingdom would never accept him, bast*rd or no.

Then Jon, looking about at the rage and feuding, stands up and states that he doesn't want the Throne, he's NEVER wanted this and all he wants is to head north to try to rebuild the defenses which have been shattered at the top of the realm.

Maybe even he puts Brans name forward, to which Tyrion agrees etc etc... Then it wouldn't be Bran throwing his brother under the bus, but instead taking the helm in a gracious acceptance.

No one killed jaime when he killed aerys targaryean for threatening to do exactly what dany actually DID. dunno, just felt it was a bit shit shafting him like that again lol.

You know, that's an angle I hadn't really thought of. Jaime gets to stay as a kings guard after murdering a king but Jon gets exiled? ... Yeah sounds a bit bollocks.

Just read something that made me lol, that bran told jon, who in turn would tell dany, which in turn would set the wheel in motion for bran to then take the throne 😂

This is no disrespect on the actor at all, but ^this^ and Brans "Why do you think I came South?" really irked me. He's so souless! It's not even stoic and blunt like Stannis because at least he CARED in his own way.

So either Bran (who has fully said that 'Bran' is dead and he's now the 3ER) is a emotionless husk, who the people of the 7 Kingdoms will never come to love, the lords will never want to follow etc etc or he's actually a scheming f**k who let the kingdom burn just to he could take the crown?

... Like I say maybe GRRM makes this feel natural and organic, but as it stands the wheel is not broken, the GoT continues like it always have and a new war will likely start when Bran dies, if not before. :roll: (Bron is going to cause shit for sure.)

I am FAR to invested in this stupid show 😂

:stupid: ... :oops:

If you want the Audiobooks I can send them over :lol:

So couple of my points:

(I'm aware this post is already a little long...)

1.) Bullshit the Yara-Asha, would agree to the kingdoms uniting again and the iron born bending the knee after her queen was murdered. :| Even if she did, as soon as Sansa declared independence Yara-Asha would have Noped out of there.... Followed Swiftly by the Prince of Dorne who doesn't give a shit about these Northern squabbles and probably has the largest remaining army.

2.) The Dothraki would be f**king Shit Up! :evil:

They are blood riders to Dany and she got stabbed. So their one mission in life is now to kill the person who killed their Khalesi and then commit suicide to join her in the night lands. They would be raping, murdering and breaking Everything they could touch.

How was this not mentioned, even in the council meeting as "The Dothraki are still causing issues but our armies are rounding them up". :roll:

The missing dothraki not being a problem was something I noticed too, but also surprised that there was that number of them left after the battle for winterfell!

Although I liked Jon's ending, I do t agree with it. Grey Worm would have executed him the moment Jon admitted what he done. Just like he executed those lannister soldiers we seen.

Bron being master of coin is odd... Sam being a arch maester is odd and makes no sense, but I like it.

I have enjoyed this season but definitely felt it was all too rushed. Should of kept it to the usual 10 episodes.

Anyway these are my favourite ending memes so far :lol:

download.png.9440a7523f4d6046cf422d116fee4695.png

346995719_Screenshot2019-05-21at09_57_52.png.435d729e147f46f92d5eeb066186f296.png

2091833919_Screenshot2019-05-21at09_57_23.png.aed9f7fbe5398354a241160f1fa5aec6.png

[mention]Gin[/mention] again, agree with absolutley every point you have made haha. Im swinging between acceptance and annoyance over this last episode.

My husband has just got the audio books so i might give them a whirl, got the books and read the first one, but might try those instead and just start from the start again

@Gin again, agree with absolutley every point you have made haha. Im swinging between acceptance and annoyance over this last episode.

My husband has just got the audio books so i might give them a whirl, got the books and read the first one, but might try those instead and just start from the start again

Ok so I really love the Audiobooks, I think they're a great way of getting through the books as I know the books are Loooonnngg (I did read them first and it took months. :o )

HOWEVER, I'm just gunna throw out this little disclaimer before you guys start listening.

I'm not sure when the audiobooks were recorded vs the show being filmed, but the voices might not match how you imagine they will; this was a deal breaker for Jay. :(

Now I love the narrator (Roy Dotrice) but the lannisters are kind of celtic (welsh / irish), the starks are just British, not northern etc etc.

Effectively, I really like the audiobooks, but just try to 'get past' the voices you expect the characters to sound like. :lol:

To be honest they're so long that I don't even notice now, but it was weird at first. :thumb:

Alternative Arya ending: the I'm at a keyboard edition.

After the burning of the city a white horse appeared, its mane singed at the ends, its flank covered in the blood of the city, its hooves leaving dark crescents in the deep ash. Arya slowly moves towards it, it seems to have been expecting her and allows her to climb on its back and calmly walks through the city. She looks down on the charred remains of the occupants, most of them are melted bones and twisted sinew, here and there is a glimpse of something almost recognisable as face – an eye gazing at something beyond the realm of human perception, a twisted grimace of pain, an ear forever hearing the ringing lie of the bells.

At the edge of the city the horse turns into a small secluded courtyard, miraculously untouched by fire, not even the ash was blowing into this space and the central apple tree was a jarring vision of vibrancy and life. Under the tree is a small table and a couple of chairs, one of which is occupied by a man, his long dark hair half hiding his face and as he looks up Ayra sees his eyes are even darker, almost pools of total blackness. He motions for her to join him at the table.

Dismounting from the horse, Ayra glances quickly at the exit of the courtyard although she feels the gaze of the man almost pulling her back and so she walks to the table and sits down.

“I have a message,” he says, his voice is calming, almost hypnotic “Today IS the day, you have an outstanding debt that requires payment.” He slides a small note book over to Ayra and motions for her to open it. The cover of the book is worn leather, although of which animal would possibly be a question best not asked. Ayra opens the cover to find three unfamiliar names on the first page. Looking back up at the man, his short brown hair now framing green eyes, he half smiles, places a small coin bag on the table in front of her and walks out of the courtyard, pausing at the entrance to look back over his shoulder “Valar Morghulis”.

After the burning of the city a white horse appeared, its mane singed at the ends, its flank covered in the blood of the city, its hooves leaving dark crescents in the deep ash. Arya slowly moves towards it, it seems to have been expecting her and allows her to climb on its back and calmly walks through the city. She looks down on the charred remains of the occupants, most of them are melted bones and twisted sinew, here and there is a glimpse of something almost recognisable as face – an eye gazing at something beyond the realm of human perception, a twisted grimace of pain, an ear forever hearing the ringing lie of the bells.

At the edge of the city the horse turns into a small secluded courtyard, miraculously untouched by fire, not even the ash was blowing into this space and the central apple tree was a jarring vision of vibrancy and life. Under the tree is a small table and a couple of chairs, one of which is occupied by a man, his long dark hair half hiding his face and as he looks up Ayra sees his eyes are even darker, almost pools of total blackness. He motions for her to join him at the table.

Dismounting from the horse, Ayra glances quickly at the exit of the courtyard although she feels the gaze of the man almost pulling her back and so she walks to the table and sits down.

“I have a message,” he says, his voice is calming, almost hypnotic “Today IS the day, you have an outstanding debt that requires payment.” He slides a small note book over to Ayra and motions for her to open it. The cover of the book is worn leather, although of which animal would possibly be a question best not asked. Ayra opens the cover to find three unfamiliar names on the first page. Looking back up at the man, his short brown hair now framing green eyes, he half smiles, places a small coin bag on the table in front of her and walks out of the courtyard, pausing at the entrance to look back over his shoulder “Valar Morghulis”.

Daaamn! :love:

We need more GoT alternate endings on here, that was Ace! :mrgreen:

Guest Richzx6r

So you're a writer eh hoggs?

I put some words together, whether that makes me a writer is debatable.

Whether I'm better than the GoT season 8 writers on the other hand is pretty clear cut :lol:

Guest Richzx6r

I put some words together, whether that makes me a writer is debatable.

Whether I'm better than the GoT season 8 writers on the other hand is pretty clear cut :lol:

Maybe you should put some scripts together you seem to have the ability to capture people and write a good story

Just been for a new massage , it's called the game of thrones.... it went on for fooking ages, but there was no happy ending .

So im not well (read: probably got a slight case of alcohol poisioning) and have decided to start reading the books again, i feel like death hahaha

Ive already read the first one and got half way through the second one last year, but as i have had a massive break, im starting from the start again so i can continue to get my GOT fix after that somewhat unsatisfying ending lol

20190528_172216.thumb.jpg.a2b7b114729ba0d713fdf94b7db6b2f4.jpg