Just passed - First test ride :D

Shadow125

Having passed Mod 2 just days ago the school where I trained happened to have not one but two Triumph Daytona 675s In :D :D

I’ll include the link

https://ride-on-motorcycles.co.uk/bikes/triumph-daytona-675?page=1&sr=type%3D%26make%3Dtriumph%26ccmin%3D50%26ccmax%3D2000%26pricemin%3D0%26pricemax%3D20000%26priceorder%3Dasc

I have booked a test ride for Tuesday and am extremely excited.

I have heard the voice of concern for a potential first big bike, although my instructor who has seen me rode more than anyone wasn’t put off at all with me looking at that type of bike as it’s purely going to be a toy for me. Not commuting, touring etc.

I also spoke to him about coming back for an extra lesson if i do buy that type of bike, I would be happy to pay to be under the watchful eye for a couple of hours.

He is a very sensible authoritative man, I was pleasantly surprised to find he turns up to work on a Hayabusa which I think may be my top choice :shock:

My questions are, how does that look for price?

To me, given that I am in Scotland there are fewer of this type of bike so others may be cheaper but the travel almost totally negates that.

There are similar bikes around the 3.5-3.7k mark but they are hundreds of miles away which just wouldn’t make sense. If this bike is sound and I enjoy it as much as I hope I am going to I shall be very tempted

The colour and decals are not my absolute favourite if I’m honest, they could be stickers over a black bike?

I’ve yet to investigate more.

I am also going to test a CBR650F, I actually prefer the 600f but I am finding it hard to track them down for a test ride up this neck of the woods

The purpose of these two is to set my mind in the direction of what I prefer, an all out super sport or something a tad more moderate.

All opinions and thoughts welcome

Look on autotrader - it's a bit pricey 432883871_Screenshot_20190520-074652_AutoTrader.thumb.jpg.686b2a7ad22c98f849c6f0a57ab79574.jpg

No mention of aftermarket can etc and I can't see the exhaust in the the pics. Bad advert you have there. Yours appears to have a tail tidy, crash bungs and shorty levers already at least, but if you want an arrow exhaust they're about £200 so worth looking for one with it on already. The top bike in my pic has heated grips and a tracker too.

I assume the decals are removable, but you don't know what it'll like like under.

Most dealers will transport a bike to you for £200, or you could pay someone that to ride it to you.

Don't rush just cos it's close.

The delivery is a huge help, we got our 125 delivered from Brighton to Glasgow for only £150 so travel is all but unnecessary as long as it’s a dealer.

It is good for a test ride as there are not a lot of them around so it will let me know how I get on with it. Then it may be a case of buying from a dealer and hopefully negotiating the delivery into the price.

I am also watching all the sites for a Thundercat to come up that I can try

Get on as many test rides as you can so you can see how they feel while riding. My first test ride after passing was a spanking new Triple RS 😁

My first bike is a triumph Street triple R. Some people said it was a stupid first bike and others said it was a great choice. I freezing love it and as long as you know your limits Amy bike can be a perfectly fine first bike.

Slight update

I test rode this beauty today, 2016 CBR650F with only 1100 miles on it.

My first time riding a 4 cylinder bike and my god was it smooth, very forgiving

Went to test ride another bike and had an interesting problem.

I passed Mod 2 last Wednesday, and have been informed the DVlA’s system should have been updated immediately and the paper side takes 3 weeks.

Getting to the garage, they run a check and no sign I had passed.

I have been advised by the DVLA to call the test centre and chase it up

Has anyone heard of this before?

C312B60A-764C-4061-AC93-85120B261C5D.thumb.jpeg.87848a9afd748f72ae43ab356c85dc68.jpeg

Slight update

I passed Mod 2 last Wednesday, and have been informed the DVlA’s system should have been updated immediately and the paper side takes 3 weeks.

Interesting dilemma! I assume you aren't paying in full then? I went in and bought my bike the day I passed but because I paid in full ( :puke: ) they didn't need to see my licence, they only check it if you go on finance. That said it's been a week so it should be on the system by now! definitely give them a call!

Slight update

Interesting dilemma! I assume you aren't paying in full then? I went in and bought my bike the day I passed but because I paid in full ( :puke: ) they didn't need to see my licence, they only check it if you go on finance. That said it's been a week so it should be on the system by now! definitely give them a call!

It was just a test ride at the school I done DAS so they knew me. Completed the paperwork and they ran the check and no sign of my licence, thankfully having my pass certificate and knowing them they let me take the bike out. Never got as far as purchasing anything.

Contacted the DVLA and was advised it usually take a couple of days to update the system to allow me to test ride but to allow the full three weeks. So hurry up and wait unfortunately

Another development

The Daytona 675 was amazing!! Very easy to ride, it was my first time ever on a sports bike and I feel it looked after me

Phenomenal fun, I never had it beyond 6-7k and it was so smooth with the most amazing exhaust note.

It read my mind going into corners

This whole choosing a bike thing is hard. Why does it have to be only 1? :D