Indicator Issue

BoobyBoot

New to the forum and straight off the bat asking for some help / advice :/

I've got an 02 Fireblade which has sat for a year and I'm busy sorting it out for it's MOT.

One of the issues I've got is with the right-hand indicator. Front works, it's flashing at double speed because the back isn't.

I've checked the voltage on the bulb housing and it's getting 12v on and off as I'd expect. Tried 2 new bulbs in and I can't work out what the problem is.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Rob

Cheers Stu.

I have, everything seems OK.

Only thing I can think is that somehow the bulb isn't quite making contact in the holder but it seems to sit OK.

No corrosion on the holder at all.

try adding a temp earth wire straight to the battery just to eliminate it

Also I have had it where the live (centre one) contact doesn't make contact I have also had a break in the live wiring which would show 12v but not enough current to light the bulb

Don't ya just love electrics eh :lol:

Corrosion in the wire can show 12v but allow virtually no current flow. More common on the negative side of things. It used to kill many model airplane electrics if they were left overwinter with the battery connected. It was called black wire death.

I had the same on our last caravan. 12v everywhere but none of the lights worked. Rewiring sorted it.

Suspect wire will show dark discoloration on the inner core if it's affected.

You've probably had them open but whenever I've had indicator issues it's usually because water has got into the actual units and turned everything nasty with rust .