Tangerine Dream

learningtofly

Sorry tangerine Dream is already taken. 1960s German electronic music group. :wink:

Nice bike though. :thumb:

That'll be next weeks/months/years* (please delete as required) bike. :lol:

I'd love that to be right, but sadly I know it won't. The Diavel is too expensive and would be the wrong bike to be riding in London traffic :(

Anyway, I had an interesting day yesterday - nipped over to the Bike Shed quite early in the day with a friend, and then we rode across town to the Ace Cafe. Heavy traffic but the 9T handled it well with lots of filtering and some rapid nipping in and out of, and around the endless lines of cars. I did feel it a bit by the time I got home, although some of that will just be the inevitable tension of a first central London ride on a new bike.

Another quick phone shot (@Hoggs) from the end of the day...

i-tc4rzbd-XL.jpg

Edited by learningtofly

How does it compare to the striple? Similar power?

Far, far more torque, Geoff (116 v 77 NM) - more like the Diavel than the Triple in that respect. It's not as nimble, though, nor as up to date in terms of tech.

But I guess you like it? What was the buying process - see-want-get?!

Pretty much, although I first saw it back in October last year. Had the timing been a little different I’d have bought it then.

Yes, I love the bike. I should have got an R9T from the start.

It is a beauty by the way.

I’ve been toying with the idea of an R9T as my next bike but I feel obliged to keep my current bike for at least a year before chopping it in. I think you’re on your third bike in about 8 months, right? You’re a bad influence...

It is a beauty by the way.

I’ve been toying with the idea of an R9T as my next bike but I feel obliged to keep my current bike for at least a year before chopping it in. I think you’re on your third bike in about 8 months, right? You’re a bad influence...

Yeah, spot on. Sorry if I'm coming across as an enabler, but I have to say that there's no substitute for experience :thumb:

I should have got an R9T from the start.

Pretty sure you said that about the Striple when you ditched the Street Twin 😂

Yep. I know this guy - he'll have a diavel within the year and tell us t's the only bike he'll ever need 😉

I should have got an R9T from the start.

Pretty sure you said that about the Striple when you ditched the Street Twin 😂

Yep. I know this guy - he'll have a diavel within the year and tell us t's the only bike he'll ever need 😉

:oops: