Honda 125 clutch problems

glennsr77

Hi - hoping you guys can give me some help. I have a 2006 Honda 125 innova. 4 speed - centrifugal clutch (rev and go but with 4 gears). I just changed the clutch plates as the originals were starting to slip a bit. Got a good set of EBC heavy duty plates and soaked in oil overnight. Took the whole lot apart and replaced the plates. The problem is that when i put it into gear there is no drive - the clutch just doesn't engage to pull forward. I took it apart loads of times today to check all is ok inside and i can't see where the problem lies. I adjust the clutch setting correctly on the nut on the outside of the casing and the gear lever gets hard to engage but doesn't do any good. One thing i noticed is that when the clutch basket is assembled with the new plates and friction plates, when the pressure plate and springs are correctly tightened down that the plates inside are free to move a few mm - ie they are not firmly locked in place - is this normal? - Anyway - I hope you can give me some idea as of where to look for a solution . Thanks in advance.Hope the image works to give you an idea of what i am looking at https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2411556508868239&set=g.1520005418290252&type=1&theater&ifg=1' alt='FACEBOOK>'> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156125664135180&set=g.1520005418290252&type=1&theater&ifg=1' alt='FACEBOOK>'>

Sorted out the problem - for those who are interested - I took the whole lot apart and started from scratch putting it back together. I had some exploded diagrams of the parts and a YouTube video of someone putting it all together to follow. The problem lay in the way the clutch basket fitted together. The plates were put in in order then the basket clipped together. The basket has teeth on that should locate in the corresponding grooves on the clutch drum. The teeth only mesh together one way and I had them wrong so the clutch was thicker than it should have been and the plates were lose in the basket. When all put back together the plates are nice and tight in the drum and it all works as it should.

It's nice to see a follow up to a technical query for change and it's very much to your credit that you are prepared to own up to a mistake. Nice one mate .