Hmm do I have a problem....

gsijay

Hi peep's

Passed my A test in March since then I've owned a hyosung 650 gtr...had that 2 weeks ....then got a 2016 Yamaha R6 which is a great bike....always wanting to do silly speeds but lately I am looking at a 2017 R1.....have I got a problem? Or should I just be happy with me r6...

"Always wanting to do silly speeds"....well there's a big difference between wanting to do & actually doing.

The former is normal. The latter means you have a problem.

The latter also suggests various other problems may arise in the not too distant future.

So wanting to do is not a problem. As for being unable to decide on the right bike for you, therein lies the dilemma we all face. It's like being a kid in a sweet shop.

"Always wanting to do silly speeds"....well there's a big difference between wanting to do & actually doing.

The former is normal. The latter means you have a problem.

The latter also suggests various other problems may arise in the not too distant future.

So wanting to do is not a problem. As for being unable to decide on the right bike for you, therein lies the dilemma we all face. It's like being a kid in a sweet shop.

Isn't that why people buy fast supersport bikes.......

All your problems could be solved very abruptly if you don't take some time to consolidate your training and gain some experience .

Twisting the throttle and doing silly speeds is the easiest bit of owning a fast bike. It's what you're capable of doing with it if it starts to go pear shaped through yours or someone else's actions. :?:

The 2015+ R1 is an absolute weapon of a bike, I’m not sure about getting on one after passing your test in March though, maybe stick with the R6 another year, it’s more bike than you’ll ever need.

To be fair though modern litre bikes can be as manageable as you want them to be through the sheer amount of adjustability of the electronics.

My First bike was an R6. Soon went to a Triumph Sprint ST and a few other fast bikes.

Now I own a ridiculously fast bike, just because I like them.

The most comfortable being the ST.

I’ve been riding for 5 years and absolutely love the bike I have now, I to want to open it up on numerous occasions, but alas will have wait for my first track day. (When I say open it up, I mean 1/2 throttle...!) :shock:

TBH, what I know the bike is capable of, does scare me of venturing close to it. And believe me when I say I have been no where near the bikes potential.

I own and ride it purely because I love it, love all SuperSport bikes.

My point of view is, if you have the means to own and ride a bike that you really want, there’s nothing wrong with that, just please treat the bike with the respect that it deserves, there are plenty of idiots out there trying to kill us daily.....