Is it frowned upon?

Foeism

To wait in a cycle box?

I usually filter through traffic and sometimes where there is one, end up having to enter and wait in a cycle box.

Cyclists don't mind, but cars do, no surprise there.

It's possible you might get a "allo allo allo, what's going on ere then"? from a passing plod. But I doubt it though, unless plod is in a bad mood. :wink:

Guest Richzx6r

A motorcycle is classified by the dvla as a bicycle..

Apparently not when you leave one in a cycle parking area....as I discovered.

What happened?

Guest Richzx6r

A motorcycle is classified by the dvla as a bicycle.....so why would PC plank have a problem

GobPDmr.jpg

Well why on the log book is it classed as a bicycle?

A motorcycle is classified by the dvla as a bicycle.....so why would PC plank have a problem

GobPDmr.jpg

Typo I expect.

If you get a fine + points for this.. then you deserve it.

Why?, the v5 clearly states Bicycle as the vehicle class, maybe the DVLA, should re-classify the description :cheers:

Need to make an edit, on the v5 the taxation class is Bicycle, but the body type is referred to as Motor Bicycle :scratch: ,

Edited by dynax

if you enter under a red light it is an offence of breaching an advance stop line/ failing to comply with traffic signals .( two sets of traffic lights so two sets of stop lines )

if you enter it and it is unavoidable to wait in it ie amber as you cross first stop line then it is acceptable however you may have to prove this is the case so don't just use it .

as 9/10 they will have seen you commit the offence before stopping or if camera controlled .

Edited by TimR

GobPDmr.jpg

try using that with a traffic cop and see how far it gets ya ...

Guest Richzx6r

GobPDmr.jpg

I see what you are saying but why does the log book class it as a bicycle and not a motorcycle?

If you get a fine + points for this.. then you deserve it.

Why?, the v5 clearly states Bicycle as the vehicle class, maybe the DVLA, should re-classify the description :cheers:

That has nothing to do with my point.

Interesting.

So really, I should stop at the first white line. Next to the car which is pi**ed at the fact I've filtered to the front, or now the side of them.

I should also stop crossing the single white line where there is no cycle box then! Opps, again just to get in front.

I see what you are saying but why does the log book class it as a bicycle and not a motorcycle?

as it is a two wheeled vehicle hence

bi as in two ....

cycle as in vehicle classification

how it is powered is the decisive factor

re ASL rule 178 of Highway code has the large bold words MUST NOT and the relative law to it .

Interesting.

So really, I should stop at the first white line. Next to the car which is pi**ed at the fact I've filtered to the front, or now the side of them.

I should also stop crossing the single white line where there is no cycle box then! Opps, again just to get in front.

Perhaps just start by reading the Highway Code.

Interesting.

no stop behind car is safer and one tip i always impart for most ASL cycle boxes

The space generally between the first ASL and central islands is sufficent to allow Emergency service vehicles to continue through the junction on the correct side of carriageway so staying behind first vehicle means they don't have to way up squeezing past you or offsiding into oncoming traffic .