New tyre time

Shadow125

And if the truth be known any modern tyres are far better than we are of testing them to the limit :cry:

Absolutely true; Which makes the amateur review that much more real world. Bike chassis must play a part in how tyres perform differently from one bike to another.

And if the truth be known any modern tyres are far better than we are of testing them to the limit :cry:

My thoughts indeed. I ride often as hard as I can but I've never even got my knee down... Which is why I'm going for touring tyres next - sick of changing every 3k.

My thoughts indeed. I ride often as hard as I can but I've never even got my knee down... Which is why I'm going for touring tyres next - sick of changing every 3k.

A tyre tester said a few years ago that the majority of road riders need nothing more than a touring tyre!

I used to run sort tyres all the time and run them to the edge but no where near the limit! And changed them at 3k if I was lucky!

I now run PR4's and can run them to the edge of the tyre if I want but tend to ride with a little in reserve these days otherwise the wife jabs me in the ribs :lol: but for a big heavy bike like the fjr the PR4s hold the road really well! I have had 1 slide in 5 years and that was in the wet on over banding!

One of the best upgrades you can make to any motorcycle tyre is to have them fitted by someone who knows what they are doing.

Assuming you're not fully equipped and have the experience to DIY.

One of the best upgrades you can make to any motorcycle tyre is to have them fitted by someone who knows what they are doing.

I have ordered them online but going to drop them off at the garage then take the bike up and leave it with them.

Not something I want to try, the refitting the wheel and chain I really do not fancy tackling

I have ordered them online but going to drop them off at the garage then take the bike up and leave it with them.

Not something I want to try, the refitting the wheel and chain I really do not fancy tackling

I've taken my back wheel off - that's wasn't so bad. Back on however... But its the tyre fitting itself that's really tough I believe.

I've taken my back wheel off - that's wasn't so bad. Back on however... But its the tyre fitting itself that's really tough I believe.

Without the right gear and knowledge its a nightmare!

I have a manual tyre changer and a tyre change from start to finish takes about 5 mins including letting the air out, breaking the bead and inflating the new tyre!

The right tools go a long way!

Pretty sure @Mr Fro did a wet track day on the pr4 and rated them rather well

Yep, they were fine - much better than I was expecting if I'm honest.

People have their biases and although I got my first set neutrally, the PR range are my preferred tyre. I even fit Pilot Sport 4 to my car because of how good the bike tyre is.

I'm interested in trying some others but I think it would be difficult to do a meaningful real world test. Plus, at ~£200 a set it isn't going to be cheap!

Guest Richzx6r

They are so pretty!

They would look sooo much better on my bike.......shadow I don't think they will fit your bike :mrgreen:

They are so pretty!

They would look sooo much better on my bike.......shadow I don't think they will fit your bike :mrgreen:

They would look better on mine! Sadly they don't do a set in the GT version! Yet

Over the last4 years or so I've had the PR3's 4's and currently running the 5's, They have improved with each generation but all were excellent tyres,

I'm almost 7k into the 5's now and having had them all over the IOM, Ireland and France I'm well impressed with them, they are frankly quite superb tyres, I will be going to Belgium in July and will change them before I go as they are very slightly starting to square off but I will definitely be getting another set, can't recommend them enough. :thumb:

They are so pretty!

They would look better on mine! Sadly they don't do a set in the GT version! Yet

I’m waiting for a dry day to take the bike in to get them changed. Do not fancy riding home in the wet with shiny new tyres

Over the last4 years or so I've had the PR3's 4's and currently running the 5's, They have improved with each generation but all were excellent tyres,

I'm almost 7k into the 5's now and having had them all over the IOM, Ireland and France I'm well impressed with them, they are frankly quite superb tyres, I will be going to Belgium in July and will change them before I go as they are very slightly starting to square off but I will definitely be getting another set, can't recommend them enough. :thumb:

That sounds like an excellent life span, mine won’t be betting thrashed or tracked.

This is the first time I’ve went for higher end tyres and I am excited

I’m waiting for a dry day to take the bike in to get them changed. Do not fancy riding home in the wet with shiny new tyres

Never had an issue with Michelin but Pirelli are awful when new

Never had an issue with Michelin but Pirelli are awful when new

I have had the bike less than a week so my riding is less than adventurous, that should keep me safe

• 1 month later...

The Bridgestone S22 did alright at Donnington recently, I nearly went for Road 5s but I've done ok on the 023s prior so gave these a go :thumb:

Nice ride, no chicken strips