bastard puts dent in my tank

billy sugger

looked on eBay and bought one already. there aint no way I'm keeping that tank on the bike, it just looks a mess and ruins the look of the bike. will give the car owner the bill once I have had a chance to speak to him on Monday, cos one way or another it is going to cost him, and maybe he will learn it's not a good idea to damage a bikers ride and bugger off without saying anything, which is what has wound me up more.

there is no way you would not realise you have hit something to cause that dent, though there is another possibility, he has passengers and if the rear passenger caused the damage and not said owt he aint going to know

there is no way a car door has done that in my opinion

it would knock the bike off its stand to create that impact and there would be directional scrape marks as door opened ...

do you park next to a kerb by any chance ? to me that looks like bike has dropped against something raised ie kerb edge ...look on lower panels to see if any new scrapes .

someone may have either fancied sitting on your bike and oopsied it or someones knocked it over is my opinion

looked on eBay and bought one already. there aint no way I'm keeping that tank on the bike, it just looks a mess and ruins the look of the bike. will give the car owner the bill once I have had a chance to speak to him on Monday, cos one way or another it is going to cost him, and maybe he will learn it's not a good idea to damage a bikers ride and bugger off without saying anything, which is what has wound me up more.

there is no way you would not realise you have hit something to cause that dent, though there is another possibility, he has passengers and if the rear passenger caused the damage and not said owt he aint going to know

You need to have proof that he did it. What if confronted he tells you "nothing to do with me"; what are you going to do? Don't even think about chinning him because you'll only end up getting banged up for assault and earn yourself a criminal record.

I fear if there's no evidence, IE paint witnesses or somebody actually seeing him do it, I'm sorry to say Billy, you might have to take this one on your own chin bud. :(

do you park next to a kerb by any chance ? to me that looks like bike has dropped against something raised ie kerb edge ...look on lower panels to see if any new scrapes .

someone may have either fancied sitting on your bike and oopsied it or someones knocked it over is my opinion

Dropped against a kerb? Firstly the dent is vertical, secondly, the dent would have scratch marks unless the person who dropped it put something on the kerb stone to stop it scratching the tank before they dropped it.

I have seen a dent like that from a car door - because our daughter opened our door and the wind caught it out of her hand and it made a dent very similar. It just depends on the angle the edge of the door hits the bike - it would need to be at the extremity of its reach to make a dent like that. Chances are there won't be a mark on the car either because tanks are thin and the edge of the car door is much thicker at that point but worth checking. If he knows he did it I bet he parks somewhere else next week.

It was very windy last week - so maybe that's what happened. But I guess it comes down to what evidence you have.