mobile speed camera

anth_85

rode past a van with a camera sticking out the back this morning. I was overtaking someone who had been going 15mph under the speed limit and had just pulled out of the fast lane so I might have accelerated a bit too much in my displeasure. The camera was facing towards the front of the bike so obviously no plate there for it to snap so I think I'm fine, but I just wanted to check no one had been done in this manner with some extra camera facing out the front of the van to catch the likes of us?

I was under the impression they had a camera at the front too, but I could be wrong

Good luck anyway :thumb:

that doesn't ease my nerves. It was this kind and it just appeared from behind a rubbish truck.

1_Powburn-final-2JPG.jpg

Guest Richzx6r

I was under the impression they had a camera at the front too, but I could be wrong

Good luck anyway :thumb:

that doesn't ease my nerves. It was this kind and it just appeared from behind a rubbish truck.

1_Powburn-final-2JPG.jpg

Yea sorry mate, it might be that they have to be manned so they may only have one camera at the back but as said I'm not sure

Yea sorry mate, it might be that they have to be manned so they may only have one camera at the back but as said I'm not sure

ill go and grab the SD card out of my dash cam and see if you can see the camera van past the rubbish truck or whether that has blocked me.

I have seen them with camera out the back and one recording the front, have also seen plenty with just rear, front camera is just a time stamp vid so they can match you up with rear, I would say you have a 70% chance of not being had.

I hate to say this but I'm fairly sure that the one that got me was parked on the left and facing away from me .

I hate to say this but I'm fairly sure that the one that got me was parked on the left and facing away from me .

the camera was facing towards the approaching traffic, so the only way it got me was if they had another camera out the front windscreen.

I do love my new macbook by the lack of a SD- card slot compared to my old laptop is a right pain. Plugged my dash cam SD card in will have to wait until i get to work on monday.

from the FAQ

Can speed cameras detect offenders travelling in both directions?

Mobile speed cameras are used to monitor and detect offenders travelling in both directions passed the operator, achieving a front view of vehicles approaching and a rear view of vehicles driving away. Static cameras will only detect offenders travelling in one direction but some types can be turned on their columns to detect offenders either travelling towards or away from the camera, thus providing either front or rear view images of the offending vehicles.

from the FAQ

Can speed cameras detect offenders travelling in both directions?

Mobile speed cameras are used to monitor and detect offenders travelling in both directions passed the operator, achieving a front view of vehicles approaching and a rear view of vehicles driving away. Static cameras will only detect offenders travelling in one direction but some types can be turned on their columns to detect offenders either travelling towards or away from the camera, thus providing either front or rear view images of the offending vehicles.

hopefully i slammed the brakes on and/or the rubbish truck blocked the view then :cry:

buy a bike that shakes and vibrates so much the rear plate is unreadable. (like a Harley) :D :booty:

Would a Harley reach the speed limit :?

buy a bike that shakes and vibrates so much the rear plate is unreadable. (like a Harley) :D :booty:

Would a Harley reach the speed limit :?

Depends if it makes it out the garage :D