Armoured jeans experience?

The only reason.. really, for buying armoured Denim is to look somewhat normal off the bike. If its to be 'cool' as in lower temp then you are far better off buying textiles that are either fully vented or have a large mesh component in addition to the armour. with high abrasion resistant areas at the impact points. I personally would consider denim to be end of season.. so early late spring and early autumn. With fully vented/mesh being far more appropriate for the warmest days. particularly if you feel the heat.

Wot e said ^^^^^ :lol:

I get really hot, and most of the year i just wear shorts and t-shirt, even in winter, not on the bike though :thumb:

if only they made an armoured mankini :shock: :lol:

Great solution for warm days, however there is no solution for hot days except shorts.

I do ride in shorts during the summer in Mediterranean but of course with max attention. It’s a risk that you have to deal with sometimes.

Denim also in winter with some thermal underwear is ok if not really cold

I have fully lined and armoured jeans and have no issues with them, although I'm trying to justify Knox single layer dyneema jeans which are a lot less cumbersome than fully lined Kevlar, lighter and stronger apparently, for the price they should be.

Edited by Bender

I bought a pair of Red Route armoured jeans last summer. On hot days I find them fine. Also very comfy to wear wandering about places.

Same here and I got the denim jacket. On hot days I am way more comfortable than in textiles.

I did have to add stitching to the knee pad holder, as the gap was so wide the knee protection could slide out.

I’ve just bought my second pair of Hood jeans. The new ones come with a cool max mesh lining thing which the older ones didn’t have. They feel a lot better in the heat so far. I prefer them to my vented textiles. More down to the way they look I think.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few pairs of Bull-it SR6 jeans in various styles which I really rate. My earlier pair which are about 2 years old are still in great condition, but the sizing was well off and they came up about 2 sizes bigger. A new button fixed that but it was still quite annoying.

Most recently I’ve bought a couple of pairs of the Cafe style as SBS are doing them half-price and I was relieved to find the sizing spot on now.

Comfort wise they are very good, I ride in them to work, wear them all day without getting too warm and ride home. They will keep you dry in a light shower, but they do suck up moisture so stay damp for a while.

No idea how they perform in a crash and I hope to not find out, but the aramid layer seems pretty generous and the coverage is good.

Don’t think you can do better for the 70 quid or so they currently go for.