Husky TE510 hot start help

Darylcooper

Hey new here!

So today i sold my R1 and bought a husky 510TE, 2009

When i got the bike it started up fine (electric start) seemed to be fine.. rode an hour then got petrol.. bike wouldnt start via electric start button, rang the guy asked if im being stupid.. he said .. you cant start the bike hot via electric start you need to kick it with choke on, 4-5 kicks it started..

He had only had the bike a week as a PX so i found previous owners FB sale post and asked, said they never had a problem with the start button,

Is he right or not. Or is there an issue? He had already replaced the selenoid today..

Any help appreciated!!

Thanks

Doesn't sound right at all especially the bit about having to use the choke . When you start hot , try not to twist the throttle at all . A lot of bikes don't seem to like this .

Welcome.

A quick search suggests the intake rubber between carb and head perishes ,the symptoms of this would cause it to run lean and difficult to start.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/te-510-leaking-intake-boot.22705/

What R1 did you have,?

I've got a 2001 5JJ

Which would backup the having to use choke to make it richer, still broke take it back.

Welcome.

A quick search suggests the intake rubber between carb and head perishes ,the symptoms of this would cause it to run lean and difficult to start.

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/te-510-leaking-intake-boot.22705/

What R1 did you have,?

I've got a 2001 5JJ

I had 57 plate 4c8

I got a good deal on it plus i dont want to do a 3 hour ride onit on the road as that shit aint comfy lol, so will contact him and see what hes saying..

Guest Richzx6r

Don't let him fob you off over the phone, face to face he can't really get rid of you so easily, and tell him about the carb to head rubbers perishing problem and say you want them replaced by him

Just an idea . When you stop the bike , try letting it idle for 20 seconds or so without blipping the throttle then switch off . Similarly when you come to start it again don't touch the throttle until it fires up .

Guest Richzx6r

Just an idea . When you stop the bike , try letting it idle for 20 seconds or so without blipping the throttle then switch off . Similarly when you come to start it again don't touch the throttle until it fires up .

I have to give mine a small blip of throttle to start it though, I thought it was normal to have to do that