So, MOD2 on Friday. If I pass its between a CB650R or MT07. Help!

TomAJ91

I really can't decide on them, and what suits me best or what is considered the better purchase.

The MT is cheaper, but insurance is £200 more expensive, had great low down power but lacks up top compared the CB.

The CB is relatively new, but the MT is a tried and tested and considered one of the greatest middleweights you can get.

I just keep on going in circles.

I learned and sat my tests on an MT07 and loved it. Ended up buying a cbr600f after passing.

My CBR is older but an amazing machine, having to keep the revs high to be in the power band was very different from what I was used to

I learned and sat my tests on an MT07 and loved it. Ended up buying a cbr600f after passing.

My CBR is older but an amazing machine, having to keep the revs high to be in the power band was very different from what I was used to

As you passed on it and loved it, why didn't you stick with it?

As you passed on it and loved it, why didn't you stick with it?

Not a huge fan of the looks or naked bike, riding wise it was great.

My CBR ticks more boxes for me, and the sound of it makes when opened up 9-10k revs more than makes up for the lower noise on the MT07. Much prefer the aesthetics of the CBR

Get the one you want not the one you think you should have. Either way you will be wanting something else soon enough so it won't really matter.

I want a Ducati Monster but the insurance is disgusting :lol:

The MT 07 is a great starter bike.

It feels safe when your fresh out of the test centre without being too boring.

I wrote a review on mine in the reviews section which is from the point of view of someone who is newish to biking.

That said the CB looks amazing and I imagine would cater to more abilities than the MT07 - i can see why people would get bored of the 07 after riding it for a while.

I wrote a review on mine in the reviews section which is from the point of view of someone who is newish to biking.

That said the CB looks amazing and I imagine would cater to more abilities than the MT07 - i can see why people would get bored of the 07 after riding it for a while.

you are not falling out with it allready elizabeth are you :?:

Congratulations :thumb:

I have a GS for those two up touring trips, however I also have the MT07 for days out. I like the little MT07, it has enough power for today's roads and most of all it is fun. It will go round the twisties just as quick as any other bike, cheap and cheerful and cool looking too. :D :lol:

@TomAJ91 How did you get on?

I passsed!!! :-)

Congratulations, it's the best feeling. Now down to the important decision CB6650R or MT07?

[/q[mention]TomAJ91[/men[mention]TomAJ91[/mention]

I ordered my MT07 on Saturday, bang for buck is was unbeatable. Just wondering if I should have the baffles out on collection.

Are you having the akra exhaust fitted too? I'd leave the baffles in then take them out yourself, at least you'll know how to put them back in of its too loud.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the mt07, I did.

Are you having the akra exhaust fitted too? I'd leave the baffles in then take them out yourself, at least you'll know how to put them back in of its too loud.

I'm sure you'll enjoy the mt07, I did.

Yeah man, part of the deal. Akrapovic Carbon full system.. it'll sound juicy.

Noooo not falling out, i still enjoy every ride, but sometimes i wonder if id enjoy the 09 even more...

Not looking to upgrade yet!

Noooo not falling out, i still enjoy every ride, but sometimes i wonder if id enjoy the 09 even more...

Not looking to upgrade yet!

You will definitely enjoy the 09 more :lol:

Congratulations @tomaj91

When do you pick her up. I was in Woburn triumph on Saturday and someone was picking up his Daytona. The smile on his face was amazing.