Would you fit these on your bike?

Smithers

Here is a picture of the tyre in the link [mention]Smithers[/mention] posted.

I'd probably give them a go. It seems i'm forever dealing with slow punctures on my vehicles :oops:

1825712452_Screenshot2019-06-06at10_12_48.png.2fdd7c76881083d8cc9a0bab5a97a8bd.png

Here is a picture of the tyre in the link @Smithers posted.

I'd probably give them a go. It seems i'm forever dealing with slow punctures on my vehicles :oops:

Screenshot 2019-06-06 at 10.12.48.png

There's actually a video in the link, it doesn't come on very quickly but it gives a good visual of what's all about.

I've used airless tyres for years.....on my boat launch trolley. Wonderful things. Never need to pump them up, they last far longer than pneumatic tyres and they're bright green.

The thing I don't see is how bikers could tinker with the pressures as most of us find that the recommended pressures don't always work best.

There's actually a video in the link, it doesn't come on very quickly but it gives a good visual of what's all about.

No video shows for me but I have a lot of adblocking, flash disabled script killing type things running :lol:

I think, they're a long way from creating a comparable motorcycle Tyre. The construction and load Dynamics are very different to car/commercial tyres.

Also, I doubt they'd be usable for racing (which is where the best Tyre development and innovation often comes from) - air/gas filled tyres are fairly stable under thermal expansion but I'm not so sure about a semi-solid Tyre.

If they're cheap enough I'd try them on a car though - full set of Conti's are around £800-£900 for my car and with 2 punctures in the last year I can see the benefits.

I've used airless tyres for years.....on my boat launch trolley. Wonderful things. Never need to pump them up, they last far longer than pneumatic tyres and they're bright green.

The thing I don't see is how bikers could tinker with the pressures as most of us find that the recommended pressures don't always work best.

Fair comment. I think the racing fraternity will have a lot to do with the development of these tyres for bikes. That's if tyre manufacturers deem it worthwhile?

A tyre the runs on a flat area ain't going to work on a bike at 20degree, this idea came out years ago, it's just now they are close to production that it's coming to the surface.

Be interesting to see how the supports cope with real life use, stones, snow ice etc, be great when you park in a big puddle and it freezes through the holes lol

A tyre the runs on a flat area ain't going to work on a bike at 20degree, this idea came out years ago, it's just now they are close to production that it's coming to the surface.

Be interesting to see how the supports cope with real life use, stones, snow ice etc, be great when you park in a big puddle and it freezes through the holes lol

I doubt It's not beyond tyre makers to put contours on them.

Prob not but it's the lines of force, it's easy when it's going one direction, on a curve it's deflecting in a completely different path which changes with the angle, I think bike tyres are going to be a lot harder

Prob not but it's the lines of force, it's easy when it's going one direction, on a curve it's deflecting in a completely different path which changes with the angle, I think bike tyres are going to be a lot harder

What's the betting Fred said those exact words to Barney. :lol:

I think, they're a long way from creating a comparable motorcycle Tyre. The construction and load Dynamics are very different to car/commercial tyres.

Also, I doubt they'd be usable for racing (which is where the best Tyre development and innovation often comes from) - air/gas filled tyres are fairly stable under thermal expansion but I'm not so sure about a semi-solid Tyre.

If they're cheap enough I'd try them on a car though - full set of Conti's are around £800-£900 for my car and with 2 punctures in the last year I can see the benefits.

Exactly what he said , thanks mate , saved me the trouble.

The drug runners and joy riders are going to love them . They're Stinger proof !

And somewhere to hide their stash !!

Exactly what he said , thanks mate , saved me the trouble.

😀 You are very welcome sir 👍

I'd have unpuncturable tyres in a shot, I'm so fed up of punctures by now. I reckon we'll see them in rallying first though, those guys really are held back by punctures on a regular basis and if a manufacturer gets rid of that then I'm sure the rest would follow.