Possible speeding fine?

Noble Dave

Speeding fine in the post but they only have this one picture and no registration, called them and they said the camera technician wrote down my reg when I went past doing 36 in a 30, so the police officer I spoke to said not fill in the form and send in a covering letter so its investigated.

This could be anyones bike and gear and with no reg only the word of the camera operator who was working alone in the van, no proof and surly there word alone cant convict someone?

Anyone been in this scenario and had a good outcome?

Edited by Noble Dave

Guest Richzx6r

I saw you on the back wheel flipping the birdy at the camera van :mrgreen:

Surely they need to have more than just the say of the camera operator that the bike is yours....aka footage of your number plate

Haha Smithers I hope not! But ye no proof, no face, no reg plate (been written down wrong), and many bikes out there like that and RST is common in UK as made here, see what happens!

Edited by Noble Dave

Written into them already and said I believe it was written down wrong so just the officers word vs mine, and can supply pics of my gear if needs be, also have textile gear so think am in clear as thats leathers, I could convict anyone of anything with no proof meself...

Edited by Noble Dave

Of course if it isn't you in the photo your post here would be along the lines of....This isn't me, how do I put this right?

Otherwise you'd be somewhat unwise to make a public admission of guilt over the internet with the intention of producing evidence you know not to be accurate. Just in case the long arm of the law keeps an eye on such things, which has been known to happen.

Just sayin'....

Well I should be in the clear as could be anyones bike and anyones gear, just dont wanna have to take it to court!

And ye very true about forum scanning Mr Bullfrog.

Said in a spitting image accent...."allo allo allo, and were was you on the morning of *** and at the time of ****? and have you got any witnesses that can back this up sir"? :D

Well I should be in the clear as could be anyones bike and anyones gear, just dont wanna have to take it to court!

And ye very true about forum scanning Mr Bullfrog.

Said in a spitting image accent...."allo allo allo, and were was you on the morning of *** and at the time of ****? and have you got any witnesses that can back this up sir"? :(

Yes!, i was doing a bank job in the next town :shock:

Just be careful s172 road traffic act they can ask you who was driving at the time of the alleged offence and you are obliged to respond.

Potentially do experian checks and if they get you're phone number do checks to find out where ur mobile was triangulated at the time.

What's the chance of the operator writing down a reg number which matches the bike on the photo? Is there anything distinctive on the photo matching yours? Is there an anpr camera in the area which may have pinged ur plate these take photos and does the rider match the one on the speed camera????

Just take a think before sending a response it may not be worth the chance for 3 points or a speed awareness course.

I've got to wait 14 days to see if I got stung on a speed van I think I was doing about 34-36 in a 30 😢😢

Just worth a thought sometimes not worth making it worse than it is

Without proof it wouldnt hold up in court.

In this situations its best to deny the charge, remain silent and then deny it again if it went to court.

Without proof the case would get thrown out. tbh mate it wouldnt even make it to court unless you blapped away and trapped yourself into a confession or gave circumstancual evidence.

In this situations its best to deny the charge, remain silent and then deny it again if it went to court.

Without proof the case would get thrown out. tbh mate it wouldnt even make it to court unless you blapped away and trapped yourself into a confession or gave circumstancual evidence.

The trouble with court is you don't know what way it will go ... and if it does go wrong your fine and points will be more especially if get a judge that is anti biker.

The trouble with court is you don't know what way it will go ... and if it does go wrong your fine and points will be more especially if get a judge that is anti biker.

I understand your view point, and i think thats why most people just give in, especially if they are actually guilty of the crime and looking to get off on a technicality. :D

Guest Richzx6r

So like tmbf for a confession :thumb:

Yep I agree with the comment if you did it just have the points I guess the legal system is at bursting point burdening it more if ur guilty don't help. Its not the worst thing 3 points. I've been a little more careful since I may have got pinged.

In 2017 I got a letter through the post informing me I had been fined £801 for not declaring who was driving? my cb500 after apparently breaking the speed limit outside Bolton, on the way to Skeggy. The fact that this was the first I had heard of this, I had not had any speeding tickets, and I use a satnav with camera and speed notifications activated, so would have not sped through a camera.

anyway, I contacted the court, and was told I could do a "declaration of fact" and get a court date where I could appear before a Judge and state I had not received any notifications concerning a speeding offence or asking who was in charge of the vehicle at the time.

It seems the speeding fine/offence was thrown out, but because I had not told them it was me on the bike I was breaking the law, hence the fine (and points), but I cocked it up anyway because I got the court appearance date wrong and never attended, so did not get the fine dropped. (I booked a day off work, a Tuesday, but the court date was the previous Friday, and I had Fridays off already so wasted a floating day)

Just tell them you dont remember riding that way that day . And you need proof it was you . The plastic prick in the van will need a lot more than i jotted it down as he went by rubbish . The police HAVE to prove your guilty you DONT have to prove your innocent... ask them to prove it and say I'll see you in court .. answer all questions.. no comment .... when the judge asked why no comment just tell him you was not prepared to lie to the officer or make a mistake so you taken legal advice no comment let the judge decide if they ( the cops ) bring in all sorts evidence then you just get the 3 points and a fine NO JAIL perverting courses justice's.. the cops wont so any real police work .. and the judge wont convict you on some plastic prick jotting it down as you went past .. ALSO all camera Van's have rear facing AND front facing cameras.. sounds like lazy plastic prick count be arsed to.set up both camars .. . Play it out let them do the work just stuck to the law no comment.............

Just tell them you dont remember riding that way that day . And you need proof it was you . The plastic prick in the van will need a lot more than i jotted it down as he went by rubbish . The police HAVE to prove your guilty you DONT have to prove your innocent... ask them to prove it and say I'll see you in court .. answer all questions.. no comment .... when the judge asked why no comment just tell him you was not prepared to lie to the officer or make a mistake so you taken legal advice no comment let the judge decide if they ( the cops ) bring in all sorts evidence then you just get the 3 points and a fine NO JAIL perverting courses justice's.. the cops wont so any real police work .. and the judge wont convict you on some plastic prick jotting it down as you went past .. ALSO all camera Van's have rear facing AND front facing cameras.. sounds like lazy plastic prick count be arsed to.set up both camars .. . Play it out let them do the work just stuck to the law no comment.............

Yeah plastic prick 😂🤣!!!

Plastic surgery could be an option but the cost of that has to be weighed up against any speeding fine that might be issued. :cheers: