New bike:-) zx6r 2016 review and pics.

Justarn

Agreed. I can't believe how comfy a k5 750 is, feels alot bigger and torquier low down.

On the three you suggested I would think the Gixxer is the most comfortable, Daytona I've read is even more extreme than the ninja.

Have fun and ride em all before you decide.

@BigJim160 has rode it, he can give another opinion if you like. But he will likely use uncomfortable and weapon alot lol.

Lol... I had a few miles on it yesterday. Very, very good. Has now made me think there’s something wrong with my K5 gixxer 750 as the ZX6 pulls away so easily from a rolling start. The 16k rpm limit is addictive and the akrapovic sounds great, while still being relatively quiet, even with the baffle out.

But, and there’s a big but... It is definitely more uncomfortable, it has a much smaller feel and it is very harsh on your wrists. If you only have it as a weekend toy, like Justin has, I don’t think there’ll be much better for the money. If you need it to do a job, like commuting as I do, I would imagine the GSX-R of the same year is more comfortable. Unless Suzuki jumped on the rock hard, balls out feel in their newer gixxers :thumb:

[/[mention]BigJim160[/mention]

I think all of the bike manufacturers have gone for that feel on their new bikes, they're track focused over road, not ridden the new GSXR but the new R1 and ZX10 felt that way.

Done another 110 miles Saturday. Fantastic South Kent roads.

The bike is incredible, I can't believe how quickly I've gel'd with it.

All five of us are forum members and only one I knew before the last month or two. Thanks tmbf :thumb:

IMG_20190413_143730.thumb.jpg.b62da19ce499d8ea6f9d9190b67808f2.jpg

Done another 110 miles Saturday. Fantastic South Kent roads.

The bike is incredible, I can't believe how quickly I've gel'd with it.

All five of us are forum members and only one I knew before the last month or two. Thanks tmbf :thumb:

I'm worries for Mr Monster's lid

Up to 400 miles now, the bike is awesome... All the reviews are spot on. It flatters you and inspires confidence in the bends, the brakes are razor sharp and the traction control is awesome on the lowest setting. (Very rarely feel it cut in but nice to know your not gonna high side when the roads mucky)

The gear indicator and shift light are things I wouldn't want to do without now.

I mostly leave it in 4-5th in the twistys and the mid range torque is ample. The throttle is smooth as silk and the clutch is feather light. I would like a quick shifter at some point and it can be uncomfortable over 100 miles for me in my rickorty 36yr old frame but I'm looking for negatives at that.

I dont know why but faired bikes dont do much for me.

But this is gorgeous, mega jealous! Congratulations.

Don't be that jealous, I've got too pay for it yet :wink:

Thanks tho matey, I know sports bikes arnt everyones cup of tea and it can paint a certain picture of you... That's why I still got my xjr.

She is lovely tho, they are quite rare down this way and I've not seen this colour before.

IMG_20190421_163804.thumb.jpg.6f5215cee0f17969744a4185fe51ab04.jpg

I dont know why but faired bikes dont do much for me.

But this is gorgeous, mega jealous! Congratulations.

Don't be that jealous, I've got too pay for it yet :wink:

Thanks tho matey, I know sports bikes arnt everyones cup of tea and it can paint a certain picture of you... That's why I still got my xjr.

She is lovely tho, they are quite rare down this way and I've not seen this colour before.

Its funny, for me bikes so far have been like watches, you think you know what you want before you get one, but when its crunch time and you're buying one you find out what you really like.

I always thought I'd love a sports bike and I probably will at some point, but it came to buying one, non faired bikes are 100% my thing.

I'll upgrade to a CB650R when the time is right

Enjoy the bike, shes a beauty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am loving this bike but... You seriously need a steering damper, I've had two minor and then Thursday a massive high speed one... I know the die hard track fans of the zx6r asked Kawasaki not to bother but the geometry is so sharp that being a little tight on the bars like most road riders can be can cause huge slappers when you push on a bit lol. Usually max rpm shifts coupled with slight bumps.

IMG-20190602-WA0011.thumb.jpeg.0dfa84e1c72e46b1b8c0d3b1cfb902ce.jpeg

I love the rear of the 2019 but that front is a bit ugly to me :thumb:

Get her a steering damper dude, they desperately need one if she pushes on at all. They are the same bike underneath, just with a quickshifter and updated fairing. Down on power a little too due to euro 5 emissions iirc.

What do you ride?