Motorbike Thefts

Mr Tuscan

So it’s that horrid subject!

How rife is it where you live?

I only ask as it seems to have moved out of the city’s and into the country, here in Somerset it’s sadly every single night and they are untouchable.

Two last night, one the night before, three the night before that.

I’ve become paranoid as it’s on my Facebook feed daily and all within a 20 mile radius, it’s got so bad that the people nicking bike’s have opened an Instagram page and are posting photos of the nicked bikes ‘saying smile if you see yours cos were ripping it’

I’ve locked, then locked again, chain upon chain, garage doors alarmed and beefed up locks.

Sad times

Unfortunately law is on their side, if I could shoot in the knee any thief that get on my property than they will think twice before doing something. But as of now we are not allowed to protect ourselves and our properties. Maybe one day.

Unfortunately law is on their side, if I could shoot in the knee any thief that get on my property than they will think twice before doing something. But as of now we are not allowed to protect ourselves and our properties. Maybe one day.

That is what really winds me up, the scum have the law on their side, but the victims have jack :twisted:

When you say bikes are they bikes or learner legal stuff like 125's and peds?

There is two types of bike thieves! Kids that nick the smaller stuff to piss about on and the others who go for the high value stuff/bigger bikes

Either way it's a sad state of affairs at the moment!

I have some really decent locks to go on my garage but I can't find any shot bolts large enough to accept them :?

Guest Richzx6r

Bugger the law in my eyes.....if they are on the side of the thieves then they are as bad as them so I wouldnt do any different and if I catch someone then legs at the very least will be getting broken, they won't be walking ever again

When you say bikes are they bikes or learner legal stuff like 125's and peds?

There is two types of bike thieves! Kids that nick the smaller stuff to piss about on and the others who go for the high value stuff/bigger bikes

Either way it's a sad state of affairs at the moment!

I have some really decent locks to go on my garage but I can't find any shot bolts large enough to accept them :?

It is both, learner bikes and big 19 plate bikes sadly

My bike is on a wooden shed. I've drilled the hinges and bolted them on, and bought the toughest hasp and lock. But I do worry a lot. I park the car in front of the shed to block the door when I'm home. But there is nothing when I'm away. It won't get any better until we have police who care about anything other than speeding.

The main problem is, that these are regarded as victimless crimes, someone gets burgled, police issue a crime number and tell the victim to claim through insurance, because it is more cost effective, to put in a claim, than it is to track down the stolen property,and convict the perp's ( alway's wanted to say that :lol: ), but that is the current way of thinking, it will come to point, where people will just have as much as they can take, and take matters in their own hands :cheers:

Years ago I knew a bloke who had a shotgun certificate for clay pigeon shooting and the like. After a spate of burglaries in the area and the usual pitiful police response he applied for a Section 1 firearms certificate, which allows you to own pump-action and semi-auto shotguns. When they asked what he wanted it for he said "To do your job for you when you lazy bast*rds can't be arsed."

Not only did he not get his S1 certificate, they revoked his shotgun certificate pretty much on the spot as well! :lol:

Guest Richzx6r

And there is the problem with our "justice system" those who actually go out to commit crimes are protected to the ends of the earth yet those who are the receiving end of their wants get told oh come now dont worry your insurance will cover it.....

Not on my property, if they want something that I have worked hard for then they can expect a public flogging or worse as I'll not just stand there while the scrotes help themselves and if they arrest me for protecting my property then so be it I'll be standing up in the courtroom and telling them why I broke the legs of some tosser

The big problem for businesses around here is travelers pitching up on your land, with all the theft, vandalism and intimidation that inevitably entails, coupled with a police force that stands idly by as they trash your property and only seems willing to get involved to stop you intervening. Luckily, we have our PEAP (Pikey Eviction Action Plan) ready to roll, and Mr Plod won't be required. It involves all 27 of us turning up in the middle of the night in bee suits, barricading them in their caravans and dumping a full hive of very pissed-off bees in through the skylights.

Bye-bye pikeys... don't call again, and don't forget to tell your friends about the warm welcome you got - we've got plenty of bees for all of you...

:thumb:

The big problem for businesses around here is travelers pitching up on your land, with all the theft, vandalism and intimidation that inevitably entails, coupled with a police force that stands idly by as they trash your property and only seems willing to get involved to stop you intervening. Luckily, we have our PEAP (Pikey Eviction Action Plan) ready to roll, and Mr Plod won't be required. It involves all 27 of us turning up in the middle of the night in bee suits, barricading them in their caravans and dumping a full hive of very pissed-off bees in through the skylights.

Bye-bye pikeys... don't call again, and don't forget to tell your friends about the warm welcome you got - we've got plenty of bees for all of you...

All of which is very interesting Im sure but has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. This is Motorbike chat after all. a small point, but worth mentioning.

All of which is very interesting Im sure but has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand. This is Motorbike chat after all. a small point, but worth mentioning.

I salute your intention, but you're talking to the man who got a thread announcing the reappearance of a forum member on to photography via cats, dogs, reptiles, taxidermy, amateur hairdressing, haemorrhoids, anal probes and religion. :lol:

Guest Richzx6r

I agree it's not nice to the bees as they will die after stinging only one of the pikeys I'd say a few hives of very pissed off Hornets would do a better job??

Two more thefts last night

Weston Super Mare & Shepton Mallet, both 125s this time

It would be interesting to know what security they had, and what time of day the theft took place,

I agree it's not nice to the bees as they will die after stinging only one of the pikeys I'd say a few hives of very pissed off Hornets would do a better job??

We've got around 2 million honeybees on site at the moment, so we can spare a few! :D

Thinking about it, bumblebees would be better though. We also have those on site and they're much, much worse than honeybees: once they get cross they stay cross for a long time, and just like wasps and hornets they can sting repeatedly. The inevitable honeybee escapes that occur in the lab every so often are neither here nor there, but the last bumblebee escape incident caused a site evacuation.

[mention]MarkW[/mention] I genuinely did not know that and have thought all my life that bumblebees had a barbed stinger and would die after stinging you. I'm guessing they are still pretty passive as opposed to wasps though :lol:

@MarkW I genuinely did not know that and have thought all my life that bumblebees had a barbed stinger and would die after stinging you. I'm guessing they are still pretty passive as opposed to wasps though :lol:

Bumblebees are absolute bast*rds! They only have two settings: passive and psychotic. Once honeybees escape in the lab, no matter how cross they are they head straight for the lights and the windows, trying to get outside. And as each one can only sting you once, half a dozen escapees means no more than half a dozen stings if you're unlucky. When bumblebees escape they have no interest in getting outside until after they've stung you anywhere from the neck up as many times as possible. And unlike honeybees, their stings hurt!

Wasps and hornets are actually pretty docile most of the time - you can even feed them jam on your finger quite happily!

It's not very rife round my way (touch laminate desk), but then I'm on the new estate and nothing interesting would dare happen there. Though recently I did hear about balaclava man wandering round during the day eying up shit old sheds for their garden rakes and old tins of pretend creosote.

I don't think he was too bright and the rozz picked him up.

Still, I might start a bumble bee hive in mine, got to be better than a dog by the sounds of it.

Surely scrotes posting on Instagram aren't career crimers, OP your setup sounds safe enough, just get rid of facey and live happy - out of sight, out of mind, ignorant bliss. Buy some Thatcham approved bees, it's what we're all doing.