Arise Sir Biscuit

Hurrah indeed!

It goes some way towards making up for the fact that that pointless piss-drinking poseur Bear Grylls has also been honoured. He has always struck me as a w**ker of the highest order. Give me Ray Mears any day.

Hurrah indeed!

It goes some way towards making up for the fact that that pointless piss-drinking poseur Bear Grylls has also been honoured. He has always struck me as a w**ker of the highest order. Give me Ray Mears any day.

Ah, proper bushcraft, now you're talking :thumb: :cheers:

Hurrah indeed!

Ah, proper bushcraft, now you're talking :thumb: :cheers:

Yup - Mears vs Grylls is like Attenborough vs Irwin: one is a genuine expert who does his audience the courtesy of assuming they have the intelligence to absorb information about the natural world without having to wrestle it to the ground or back-flip into it off a cliff, and the other is a brainless pseudo macho-man whose sensationalist drivel panders to the leg-jiggling ADHD generation.

With my special knack for completely derailing threads I thought I'd just mention that all this talk of Ray Mears reminded me that I have been meaning to buy Les Hiddins' old 'Bush Tucker Man' series for years. So I just did. :D

Guest Richzx6r

I did wonder why someone had brought in a small mountain of Caramel Wafers to work this morning! :mrgreen:

You must bring some with you to the camping trip

With my special knack for completely derailing threads I thought I'd just mention that all this talk of Ray Mears reminded me that I have been meaning to buy Les Hiddins' old 'Bush Tucker Man' series for years. So I just did. :D

is that the guy with the strange looking hat :?:

Hurrah indeed!

I agree . Ray's the man . You can always trust a fat survivalist .

Years ago when I worked as a FLT driver it was always a pleasure to unload the Tunnocks lorry . Tunnocks operate their own fleet of immaculately maintained lorries . The artwork on the trailer used to be done by hand and apparently contained real gold leaf . They also still operate some of their vintage lorries at shows and events . Nice to see a genuine family firm still operating . I wonder how many offers from Kraft or General Foods they have turned down ? https://foodanddrink.scotsman.com/food/10-things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-tunnocks/

PhotoEditor_20190617_195559684.thumb.jpg.33e1e9374f3841b64110291c73775b4d.jpg

• 3 weeks later...