Possible speeding fine?

Noble Dave

82mph wheelie in a 30mph .. a bullet to the fecking head more like its tits like this that pi$$ the cops and courts off and then they link every biker to be the same . .

Mind you this is why I got 3 different lids andn3 jackets.. and like to add stickers to.my bike lol

Just be careful s172 road traffic act they can ask you who was driving at the time of the alleged offence and you are obliged to respond.

Potentially do experian checks and if they get you're phone number do checks to find out where ur mobile was triangulated at the time.

What's the chance of the operator writing down a reg number which matches the bike on the photo? Is there anything distinctive on the photo matching yours? Is there an anpr camera in the area which may have pinged ur plate these take photos and does the rider match the one on the speed camera????

Just take a think before sending a response it may not be worth the chance for 3 points or a speed awareness course.

I've got to wait 14 days to see if I got stung on a speed van I think I was doing about 34-36 in a 30 😢😢

Just worth a thought sometimes not worth making it worse than it is

Phone checks will not be done for a simple speeding offence. And in any case it would just mean that the phone was in the area not with the bike as the system is very inaccurate.

There is insufficient evidence to prosecute. The operator could have wrote down the number wrong, no facial image so impossible to say who was riding it. Regards the 172 how can you say you were riding the bike when there is no number plate or photo evidence to support it.

Personally contest it, fpn's assume guilt and the alleged guilty party decide to pay as the penalties at Court are higher.

Anpr will again only say your vehicle was at a specific location NOT the offence location.

82mph wheelie in a 30mph .. a bullet to the fecking head more like its tits like this that pi$$ the cops and courts off and then they link every biker to be the same . .

Mind you this is why I got 3 different lids andn3 jackets.. and like to add stickers to.my bike lol

Are those boots your shoes? nHucAzp.jpg

Talfryn Thomas what a good comedy actor.

Just be careful s172 road traffic act they can ask you who was driving at the time of the alleged offence and you are obliged to respond.

Potentially do experian checks and if they get you're phone number do checks to find out where ur mobile was triangulated at the time.

What's the chance of the operator writing down a reg number which matches the bike on the photo? Is there anything distinctive on the photo matching yours? Is there an anpr camera in the area which may have pinged ur plate these take photos and does the rider match the one on the speed camera????

Just take a think before sending a response it may not be worth the chance for 3 points or a speed awareness course.

I've got to wait 14 days to see if I got stung on a speed van I think I was doing about 34-36 in a 30 😢😢

Just worth a thought sometimes not worth making it worse than it is

Phone checks will not be done for a simple speeding offence. And in any case it would just mean that the phone was in the area not with the bike as the system is very inaccurate.

There is insufficient evidence to prosecute. The operator could have wrote down the number wrong, no facial image so impossible to say who was riding it. Regards the 172 how can you say you were riding the bike when there is no number plate or photo evidence to support it.

Personally contest it, fpn's assume guilt and the alleged guilty party decide to pay as the penalties at Court are higher.

Anpr will again only say your vehicle was at a specific location NOT the offence location.

Personally I think if u did it man up take the fine and be honest. I guess that's why the country is in a mess you can't trust anyone because of a lack of honesty. I've been done before and took a speed awareness course. I guess unless u have lost someone through a speeding caused rtc none of us would truly understand how Important it for us all to try and not speed, easier said than done I know.

I think these are two separate issues to be honest. If the authorities can't provide evidence why would one admit it? After all we're innocent until proven guilty or not in the case of FPN's.

Unfortunately speed doesn't kill people. People kill people through lack of skill, exoerience or knowledge.

As a driver I have years of experience and I am highly trained on a bike I have little experience so ride within my limits.

Unfortunately speed doesn't kill people.

I realise what you mean about there being a whole range of contributory factors and speed alone isn't the single issue - but it is of itself a significant contributing factor to road accidents and the severity of injury sustained. Speeding does kill, it's why we need as a society to start regarding speeding in the same way as we regard drunk driving. Unfortunately speed is often glamourised in films, sport and advertising which is why culturally we haven't clicked to how significant speed is as a cause of death and injury.

Most of the young deaths I deal with are road accidents and in the overwhelming majority those left behind have to deal with the fact that speed was an issue. Which makes it harder for them because they know their loved one either caused their suffering or the loss of their loved one was caused by someone else's decision to drive at speed. It stops being an accident and starts to feel deliberate. There is a huge difference between a death which was genuinely accidental and death caused by someone's deliberate decision.

Unfortunately speed doesn't kill people.

I realise what you mean about there being a whole range of contributory factors and speed alone isn't the single issue - but it is of itself a significant contributing factor to road accidents and the severity of injury sustained. Speeding does kill, it's why we need as a society to start regarding speeding in the same way as we regard drunk driving. Unfortunately speed is often glamourised in films, sport and advertising which is why culturally we haven't clicked to how significant speed is as a cause of death and injury.

Most of the young deaths I deal with are road accidents and in the overwhelming majority those left behind have to deal with the fact that speed was an issue. Which makes it harder for them because they know their loved one either caused their suffering or the loss of their loved one was caused by someone else's decision to drive at speed. It stops being an accident and starts to feel deliberate. There is a huge difference between a death which was genuinely accidental and death caused by someone's deliberate decision.

I take it you work for the emergency services. Your quite right that speed was the issue due to their lack of ability, experience, not being able to read the.road or too fast for the conditions. That's human error, youth, stupidity or whatever.

To counter particular for cars they have never been safer for both drivers and pedestrians. Bike are a different story altogether. Having said that a sports car for me when 18 was was a Mini 1275GT now it's an AMG Merc on hp.

Speed definitely is a cause of accidents, you can be the best driver in the world but if your way over a speed limit the poor souls in your path should not have to take into account some prick doing way over a speed limit.

Can't remember which racing driver said the following.

Everything is slow until you loose control that's when you know your going fast.

Now I know where not all saints and I have done things that I just wouldn't now, unfortunately with youth they tend not to learn from others mistakes unfortunately it's unlikely to change

Wasn’t you, it was someone testing your bike with a view to buy. You lent them your gear for the test ride, decided not to buy, so you haven’t got a clue who they were, think they gave a false name and address.

That’s what I heard anyway😉

I think these are two separate issues to be honest. If the authorities can't provide evidence why would one admit it? After all we're innocent until proven guilty or not in the case of FPN's.

Unfortunately speed doesn't kill people. People kill people through lack of skill, exoerience or knowledge.

As a driver I have years of experience and I am highly trained on a bike I have little experience so ride within my limits.

Because if you done something wrong you should... It is called honesty, and is generally seen as being a good quality to have.

Or do you teach kids to lie about everything they do cause they can only be told off if they are caught?

Wasn’t you, it was someone testing your bike with a view to buy. You lent them your gear for the test ride, decided not to buy, so you haven’t got a clue who they were, think they gave a false name and address.

That’s what I heard anyway😉

A mate of mine tried this - except it was entirely true in his case - it went to court and he got hammered because he was the owner and therefore the person responsible. Different if it is reported stolen and then clocked through a speed camera, but if you lend your bike to someone and don't have their details, evidence of their driving licence and insurance then expect the back cap to be donned and to be taken from this place........

Because if you done something wrong you should... It is called honesty, and is generally seen as being a good quality to have.

Or do you teach kids to lie about everything they do cause they can only be told off if they are caught?

A case of double standards, we bitch and moan, at kids for breaking the law, but what else are they expected to do, when the people who they should look up to, and lead by example, break the law themselves, :scratch:

A case of double standards, we bitch and moan, at kids for breaking the law, but what else are they expected to do, when the people who they should look up to, and lead by example, break the law themselves, :scratch:

The whole point is that the case is evidentially flawed with no continuity of evidence.

Playing devils advocate how do we know that the camera operator didn't write the reg number of the same model bike that went passed him after the alleged offender.

This for me is not a moral dilemma of telling the truth or not it's a case of exercising your legal right. The principle of the FPN is that people admit guilt before any form of trial which we are allowed under law to have. The assumption is you're guilty which is totally wrong.

Under British law the prosecution have to supply evidence that proves the suspect is guilty. This particular case does not meet the threshold.

Regards to double standards my children have been told do not speed, do not lie, be nice and treat others as you would have them treat you and own up to.yoir mistakes.

if you think you got a chance of avoiding points and a fine then yeh bend the truth ...he was doing just over 30mph , if he was doing 60mph the id have no sympathy ....

" sorry kids I've lost my licence and my job , I've had to cancel our holiday etc etc ... but hey , at least I was honest " :roll:

The whole point is that the case is evidentially flawed with no continuity of evidence.

Playing devils advocate how do we know that the camera operator didn't write the reg number of the same model bike that went passed him after the alleged offender.

This for me is not a moral dilemma of telling the truth or not it's a case of exercising your legal right. The principle of the FPN is that people admit guilt before any form of trial which we are allowed under law to have. The assumption is you're guilty which is totally wrong.

Under British law the prosecution have to supply evidence that proves the suspect is guilty. This particular case does not meet the threshold.

Regards to double standards my children have been told do not speed, do not lie, be nice and treat others as you would have them treat you and own up to.yoir mistakes.

That's all well and good, but if you weren't speeding, he would have no reason to write down your number, and as for two identical bikes passing, unless they were side by side or within inches of each other, they would both have to be speeding, so fair cop, at least one would be caught, or they were both within the speed limit, so once again no need to record reg numbers :thumb:

That's all well and good, but if you weren't speeding, he would have no reason to write down your number, and as for two identical bikes passing, unless they were side by side or within inches of each other, they would both have to be speeding, so fair cop, at least one would be caught, or they were both within the speed limit, so once again no need to record reg numbers :thumb:

You'reissing my point. No we shouldn't speed but if the authorities want to prosecute then they have to have ALL the evidence not some of it. And for the record the bit of paper he wrote the number on is evidence and has to be exhibited and presented at court. I very much doubt it is still available. Like I said case is evidentially flawed.

You'reissing my point. No we shouldn't speed but if the authorities want to prosecute then they have to have ALL the evidence not some of it. And for the record the bit of paper he wrote the number on is evidence and has to be exhibited and presented at court. I very much doubt it is still available. Like I said case is evidentially flawed.

I agree it is flawed, and the evidence should be presented accurately, if it's not accurate, there should be no case to answer, but knowingly trying to avoid any penalties when in the wrong, is where the moral dilemma arises, and this where most people get annoyed, ok everyone tries it on at one time or another, but there has to be a time, when you put your hands in the air, and say ok it was me, if you're innocent by all means fight it, but trying to bluff your way out, just admit it and move on, saves a whole lot of time and expense further down the line, anyway i'm bored with this now, time to change subject for me :thumb: :cheers:

Say feck all and tell them to prove it was you on that bike YOU DONT HAVE TO they have to prove it was you.. as for jotting the reg down bollocks.. why is this plastic prick sitting in a police van doing a police job while the plastic prick in NOT a police officer.. some desk jockey who said I can work a video camera I can sit in the van .. tillnit come to getting evidence the prick uses a pen .. WTF the police authority is paying this prick 2 grand a month to use a pen .. .

Tell the cops you dont remember that day can you show me the evidence I was there .. . Any other question NO comment . Get the police to do there fecking job.. tell them take you to court I'd love to see the judge an jury convict you on a piece of paper and a bike reg ... an feck knows who riding the bike AS no one said the bike in the photo or doing the offence is the bike that the reg belongs to.. I'd say the plastic prick picked the very next bike to pass . Go on officer prove the plastic prick didnt just do that........

Cos we all know police are the most honest ppl in society never tell lies do they........

Theres lies dam lies and police evidence ..

Say feck all and tell them to prove it was you on that bike YOU DONT HAVE TO they have to prove it was you.. as for jotting the reg down bollocks.. why is this plastic prick sitting in a police van doing a police job while the plastic prick in NOT a police officer.. some desk jockey who said I can work a video camera I can sit in the van .. tillnit come to getting evidence the prick uses a pen .. WTF the police authority is paying this prick 2 grand a month to use a pen .. .

Tell the cops you dont remember that day can you show me the evidence I was there .. . Any other question NO comment . Get the police to do there fecking job.. tell them take you to court I'd love to see the judge an jury convict you on a piece of paper and a bike reg ... an feck knows who riding the bike AS no one said the bike in the photo or doing the offence is the bike that the reg belongs to.. I'd say the plastic prick picked the very next bike to pass . Go on officer prove the plastic prick didnt just do that........

Cos we all know police are the most honest ppl in society never tell lies do they........

Theres lies dam lies and police evidence ..

Sadly no its an offence not to divulge who was the rider at the time so you will get prosecuted one way or another.

writing things on paper ......WTF

ANPR and Video Evidence can be used to prove its your bike as regardless of its popularity every vehicle will have its own unique look ...ie damage, mods etc

The problem I have with the speeding thing. There is no standard for setting speed limits. If everything was standard we would know what the limit is by the type of road we are riding on, as it is the limits are confusing and confused. Sometimes the limit will change several times in a mile or two on what is effectively the same road.

It’s hard not to think that "they" are just trying to raise money. Near me there is a road that has had the limit lowered to 40 from 50 just before the end of the 40 limit there is a camera next to the 50 sign but the camera is just in the 40 section. It must catch a lot of people, nearly caught my daughter, when I warned her about it she said look it's 50 here. If that's not set up to collect money what is it for?

Update!

Apparently the camera op had written it down incorrectly and they have apologised, the offender was caught apparently and its all done and dusted, the D was ment to be a B 👍

Very similar bike to mine though but there where differences on the pics! And damage

The problem I have with the speeding thing. There is no standard for setting speed limits. If everything was standard we would know what the limit is by the type of road we are riding on, as it is the limits are confusing and confused. Sometimes the limit will change several times in a mile or two on what is effectively the same road.

It’s hard not to think that "they" are just trying to raise money. Near me there is a road that has had the limit lowered to 40 from 50 just before the end of the 40 limit there is a camera next to the 50 sign but the camera is just in the 40 section. It must catch a lot of people, nearly caught my daughter, when I warned her about it she said look it's 50 here. If that's not set up to collect money what is it for?

Have you ever been on a Speed Awareness course ?

no because I don't speed. But I have to work very hard at not speeding. When I was working I did up to 40,000 miles a year and never got a ticket, I think of it like a game. They are trying to make me go over by 3 or 4 miles and I'm trying not too. So far so good, but they are making it harder. But compared with France it's still better here . :) :) :)