That time of year again - insurance renewal!

Claretmac

Hello all,

So it's that time of year again when insurance is up for renewal! Been riding 2 years and have been with possibly the main company out there! But done a new quite and still seems quite high gone onto comparison site and there are many many that are cheaper! However, been onto trustpilot and the reviews for a couple of them are interesting to say the least and don't fill with confidence!

Therefore wanting to see what other companies people us and would recommend!!

Many thanks!

Prior to comparison sites on the interweb, I used to lazily sit back and accept what in's premiums were dished out to me each year. We now have these amazing tools where you can make a better judgement to who you pay, this is good for you and good for consumers in general. USE IT! :D

This is where you get to haggle, if another company is giving you a better deal, tell your current one, ask them not to match, but can they better it, even if it's only a few quid or they reduce your excess, that in itself could save you in the long term, or chuck in some other benefits, life cover, or breakdown cover, make them work for your business :thumb:

I did "USE IT" as you put it, and my question was from the results of the comparison site and asking for people's thoughts/recommendations of companies they have used as there are a lot of unknown companies on the results that I have not heard of and have mixed reviews. But then on reflection not much point getting other peoples opinions on a company because everyone has different experiences! Eg I have not had a problem with my current company but others may have had issues!

Hastings direct, not had to make a claim but they been fine to deal with, as my card had changed when the renewal didn't go through they gave me 20days to get in touch and pay, that was 20days over the insurance end date which i thought was very good of them.

I am quite difficult to insure at the mo ( had a few claims recently). I went with Bike sure as they were cheapest and seemed to offer a reasonable amount of cover.

They are part of AXA, who coincidentally offered the best/cheapest cover for my car this year.

I understand the comment about unknown insurance companies popping up on comparison sites and I tend to avoid them if I don't have time to thoroughly search them out online.

Best advice I could give anyone is: DO NOT USE MCE !!

They're often the the cheapest quote, but they are are a bunch of deceitful crooks, with very biased T&C's, crap attitudes, and no idea what customer service is.

Just done my insurance on me honda cbr 600 with Carole Nash, £167 for year, fully comp and lid/leathers covered! Bike insurance company only apparently.

Edited by Noble Dave

I insured with bikesure and got a discount because of being a member on here. Make sure you tell them.

Didn’t make any difference for me?

Did with me too :thumb: