Air tex / mesh recommendations

Guest Richzx6r

No idea I just have rst leathers with tcx boots and summer gloves, my leathers and boots have pin holes in to allow air flow not sure about mesh stuff

If by hot you mean over 30c. where windchill is zero because the air is hot too.. then you really do need mesh. And its fine, I bought a mesh jacket a few years ago from FC Moto and its been great. What you wear underneath is important too. preferably high wicking and NOT black. My best tip is always try to park in the shade and carry plenty of fluids. Ive also found that you need good summer gloves and a flip helmet for the best in comfort. If the jacket is light in colour.. that a bonus.

In very hot conditions mesh is a godsend. I have a Richa mesh jacket having had a Spada mesh before that, both are good.

I am in the process of looking for some mesh trousers at the moment. Got a trip to France in August which is known for being hot in August (hopefully) :P

In very hot conditions mesh is a godsend. I have a Richa mesh jacket having had a Spada mesh before that, both are good.

I am in the process of looking for some mesh trousers at the moment. Got a trip to France in August which is known for being hot in August (hopefully) :P

Ditto, although my jacket is a Rev'It. They do make matching trousers but they're far too baggy (which is REALLY annoying).

I have a Dainese Hyrda Flux mesh jacket. It comes with a removeable waterproof liner which comes in handy should you get caught out in the rain or need to keep a little bit of chill off.

I have the RST Ventilator 5 mesh trousers with matching jacket (they zip together).

I've gone traipsing over monuments and climbed up hills when the temperatures were in the high 20s in the trousers and a T shirt and, while shorts would have been better, they weren't uncomfortably hot. The suit is good on the bike too, but I don't use the thermal or waterproof liners. If it's cool, I wear a fleece underneath and if it's cold and / or wet, add a waterproof suit over the top. Works for me.

Being a shortarse Gordon I need a short leg option.

Yes, that's a problem. My legs are not what I consider short but the RST trousers are a little long for me. Some of these manufacturers have Peter Crouch modelling for them. 😂

If by hot you mean over 30c. where windchill is zero because the air is hot too.. then you really do need mesh. And its fine, I bought a mesh jacket a few years ago from FC Moto and its been great. What you wear underneath is important too. preferably high wicking and NOT black. My best tip is always try to park in the shade and carry plenty of fluids. Ive also found that you need good summer gloves and a flip helmet for the best in comfort. If the jacket is light in colour.. that a bonus.

I went for Alpinestars in the end & I think I'll need it 1555996844_Screenshot_20190615-174813_BBCWeather.thumb.jpg.85890f90a0dfc171cbc64f3c5f76000a.jpg